Halo World.. :)

Xeonic

Hi there,

I am noob here as I am doing some research before I change my car in the near future...

Been looking @ the VW and Audi and though might as well check out the BMW as the price is similar and it is always good to give myself more options.... I wish I have the $$$ for a 135i or a 335i but from the price range.. Probably going to end up with a 320i or similar..

Now wondering if the 320i has mod potential.. :)

Re: Halo World.. :)

hi Xeonic...Welcome...

search ard in this forum and u should find threads on mods for 320i...cheers

if time is not the essence .... wait for the launch of the mk6 golf R 2nd Q 2010. price should be around 140-150k range. else if budget the issue and mod potential is high, then, go for the mk6 gti. its got serious potential and fun factor.

Xeonic;483981 said:
Hi there,

I am noob here as I am doing some research before I change my car in the near future...

Been looking @ the VW and Audi and though might as well check out the BMW as the price is similar and it is always good to give myself more options.... I wish I have the $$$ for a 135i or a 335i but from the price range.. Probably going to end up with a 320i or similar..

Now wondering if the 320i has mod potential.. :)

The scirocco is extremely sexy though.

Small with lots of potential + low road tax = 1.4L TSI Engine

jerseymike68;484062 said:
Xeonic: hi, welcome to bmw community forum...

Thanks... I am hoping that I might learn more things here... especially the mod potential of the BMW.. :)

leebmer;484151 said:
hi Xeonic...Welcome...

search ard in this forum and u should find threads on mods for 320i...cheers

Been crawling thru the older threads and posts.. but it seems that the 320i doesn't have much mod potential... The 2.5l engine for the BMW seems to be a lot better... Maybe I should aim for that instead....

e46monster;484199 said:
if time is not the essence .... wait for the launch of the mk6 golf R 2nd Q 2010. price should be around 140-150k range. else if budget the issue and mod potential is high, then, go for the mk6 gti. its got serious potential and fun factor.

I am not in that much of a hurry to change car, I am targeting to change my car some time maybe 2Q10.. Right now, I am just doing more surfing and research to see and shortlist cars that are of interest to me... From there, much shorter list of cars to compare and decide..

At one point of time, I was only looking at VW and Audi.... But a friend of mine convinced me to open up my choices and took to me test drive the BMW.... and even lend me his BMW to drive for a while... The handling on the BMW is very good... thou I didn't like the 320i steering...(It is way too heavy)...

The VW golf is a fun car to drive.. It was the car that really opened up my eyes to modding.. That car has tons and tons of things to mod... And it is really very impressive.. The golf can be mod to churn out nearly 400bhp..

Herman;484205 said:
The scirocco is extremely sexy though.

Small with lots of potential + low road tax = 1.4L TSI Engine

Considered that Scirocco and nearly bought it when VCS launched earlier, the 1.4l was not too expensive at $88k but the boot of the Scirocco is way too small.. I have a small requirement that the boot must at least fit a wheelchair and when I bought the wheelchair to test out the boot of the Scirocco, there is just no way that I can fit the wheelchair into the boot without letting down at least one of the rear seats.. :(

And thus, the Scirocco is out of my radar..

Now wondering if the 320i has mod potential.. :)[/quote]

Hi Xeonic,

welcome in.....

Mod list:

1) Velocity
2) K&N air-filter or GruppeM
3) Exhaust
4) Volker Spec II plugs
5) ECU re-mapped
6) full M3 bodykit
7) KW v2 or v3 coilover
8) H&R sway-bar & Strut bar
9) Brembo BBK
10) CF badges
11) 19ins staggarred rims
12) Cool Lite
13) ICE
14) Xenon 8k bulb
15) M3 steering wheel

happy modding man
if budget allows go for a 6 cyc....

vroom vroom
cheers

Most the the BMW range is NA, save for 3.0L twin turbo 335/135 etc...

NA mods will always be limited.
Usually poor $ to HP ratio.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back