Happy 100,000km!!

Re: Happy 100,000km!!

lkm;732057 said:
Recently replaced:
- Vanos solenoid o-rings (x2)
- Oil filter housing 0-ring
- radiator expansion tank (no leaks, but started showing signs of cracking)

To be replaced:
- oil sump gasket (leak)
- valve cover gasket (leak)
- "dip-stick" o-ring?? (leak)
- ATF sump / filter (leak)
- ATF change (expensive!!)
- brake pads + sensors
- brake rotors

for consideration:
- ACS-style front lip
- ACS-style side skirts
- poison, poison, and more poison...

Okay! Some updates....

There were leaks everywhere! Didn't wanna dirty my car porch further, so I went to my trusty JB mech...

Replaced the following on my E90 today:
- Engine oil sump gasket (this is messy - need engine hoist / support)
- Valve cover gasket
- dip-stick o-ring
- some o-ring seal just under the valve cover
- ATF flush and new ATF fluid
- ATF filter / ATF oil pan replacement

Parts = S$464
Labour = RM550 = S$227
Total = S$691

Love my JB workshop guys.... The job was supposed to take one day. Was supposed to arrive there in the morning, but ended up arriving at 11:30... While they made no promises, the mechanics stayed back till past 8pm just to make sure my car is finished!! And what I was more impressed with is that they didn't seem to be rushing through the job; while closing up the car, they even made sure they cleaned every part of the engine bay and undercarriage to ensure no oil leak stains! And these at 8:30pm!

Okay, brake pads and rotors next - 8000km to go!

:goodup:

ok la, should see my ex E36 hit 430,000km. I drove 320,000km when I got it at 110,000km. 100,000km still young. enjoy. cheers.

lkm;754631 said:
Okay! Some updates....

There were leaks everywhere! Didn't wanna dirty my car porch further, so I went to my trusty JB mech...

- Valve cover gasket
- dip-stick o-ring

Parts = S$464
Labour = RM550 = S$227
Total = S$691

Love my JB workshop guys.... The job was supposed to take one day. Was supposed to arrive there in the morning, but ended up arriving at 11:30... While they made no promises, the mechanics stayed back till past 8pm just to make sure my car is finished!! And what I was more impressed with is that they didn't seem to be rushing through the job; while closing up the car, they even made sure they cleaned every part of the engine bay and undercarriage to ensure no oil leak stains! And these at 8:30pm!

Hi

Parts from eng soon and JB which workshop?

iScoupe;754652 said:
ok la, should see my ex E36 hit 430,000km. I drove 320,000km when I got it at 110,000km. 100,000km still young. enjoy. cheers.

430k km is a lot, bet u had it for a long time. my 5 year old mpv was recently sold to dealer under market value, reason: mileage 150k km (n i had a 2nd car which i use almost everyday, all the while, damn)...... even though i just spent aound $3k to replace all wear n tear parts a few months ago......

Hey bro,

Thanks for Francis contact.

Btw you were there last Fri, 17/2 right, cuz i was there since 0930hrs on Sat, 18/2 and they had 3 guys working on my E90 pretty much the whole day lol :)

Change pretty much all the same parts as yours, plus my engine + tranny mounts, front control arm bushing change, no ATF cuz done that earlier.

I was there watching them removing and putting every single nut and bolt back the whole day, so I must say they are very professional, no rush and very happy with their service throughout.

The drive to the workshop is also quite easy, I took the Jln Pantai bridge route, which is quite straight-forward, only 15km from the immigration complex.

Thanks again!

lkm;754631 said:
Okay! Some updates....

- Valve cover gasket
- dip-stick o-ring

Parts = S$464
Labour = RM550 = S$227
Total = S$691

Last edited by a moderator:

lkm;754631 said:
Okay! Some updates....

- Valve cover gasket
- dip-stick o-ring

Parts = S$464
Labour = RM550 = S$227
Total = S$691

Bro, how u determine which parts to buy? U make a trip down for their assesement?

Can do two trips or alternatively, do minor service here in Singapore and get all the parts to be changed to be assessed, get the parts from Eng Soon, then drive over to JB to get it done there.

Saved at least 50% of the labour costs (from SG), that is if you are comfortable with driving to JB.

They accept VISA above RM 100 so no need to change money too :)

eddienike;755689 said:
Bro, how u determine which parts to buy? U make a trip down for their assesement?

canuck78;755651 said:
Hey bro,

Thanks for Francis contact.

Btw you were there last Fri, 17/2 right, cuz i was there since 0930hrs on Sat, 18/2 and they had 3 guys working on my E90 pretty much the whole day lol :)

Change pretty much all the same parts as yours, plus my engine + tranny mounts, front control arm bushing change, no ATF cuz done that earlier.

I was there watching them removing and putting every single nut and bolt back the whole day, so I must say they are very professional, no rush and very happy with their service throughout.

The drive to the workshop is also quite easy, I took the Jln Pantai bridge route, which is quite straight-forward, only 15km from the immigration complex.

Thanks again!

Glad they've got another happy customer! Yup! Was there last Fri! I've used them a few times already and am comfortable enough to leave the car there and head nearby for shopping! Hahah...

Agree that the guys there are damn pro. In fact, they stayed back till 8:30pm (they normally close at 7pm) just to finish up my ride that evening...

eddienike;755689 said:

I do engine oil change every 10,000km..... so every time I perform servicing there, I'd get their assessment on what parts are about to require replacement....

So for my engine oil leak and ATF leak, they detected it at the last servicing.... Normally, car still can drive around for awhile lah.... So I'd ask them what parts to buy lor....

Yes, they are indeed quite pro. Had to see it for myself the first time, maybe next time i will just leave car there and go shopping too hehe

lkm;756308 said:
Glad they've got another happy customer! Yup! Was there last Fri! I've used them a few times already and am comfortable enough to leave the car there and head nearby for shopping! Hahah...

Agree that the guys there are damn pro. In fact, they stayed back till 8:30pm (they normally close at 7pm) just to finish up my ride that evening...

Sob sob sob! My alternator broke down today.... Originally, just had the red battery symbol screaming at me... Was trying to drive it to the workshop when all-hell-broke-loose! Alternator symbol flashing, gearbox fault symbol flashing, steering angle sensor, ABS-off warning, brake warning.... Panic!!

Eventually had to call for tow, and the nice people at Boss Motorsports helped fixed it in no time! Awesome work!!

But now I'm $660 poorer - including the $50 towing fee.... sob sob...

lkm;758332 said:
Sob sob sob! My alternator broke down today.... Originally, just had the red battery symbol screaming at me... Was trying to drive it to the workshop when all-hell-broke-loose! Alternator symbol flashing, gearbox fault symbol flashing, steering angle sensor, ABS-off warning, brake warning.... Panic!!

Eventually had to call for tow, and the nice people at Boss Motorsports helped fixed it in no time! Awesome work!!

But now I'm $660 poorer - including the $50 towing fee.... sob sob...

at least now it is going going smooth......

* so coming for month-end meet up??????????
cheers

Hopefully lah...Haiz.... car getting old, COE keep climbing.... wonder what is gonna break down next.....

lkm;758396 said:
Hopefully lah...Haiz.... car getting old, COE keep climbing.... wonder what is gonna break down next.....

ERP????

cheers

$600++ sound reasonable.. I expect 1000 odds.. Dun mind i ask is it original or oem?
At least u have a piece of mind driving now especially up north... Cheers!

Btw anyone know alternator changing voltage for 320i?
Mind is running at 13.7V.. Seem a bit low.. I read idea should be 14.1- 14.5V.

should be original bah.... I bought from Eng Soon... 150A Bosch, I think....

Hi, asking on behalf of my dad... any places here good to go for servicing for 100k? JB is too troublesome for us.

Would you all recommend munich auto? I called there is not much queue......
Would not want to go back to PML, service sucks.

Thanks! :)

my friends lexus broke down on way up to KL last wk... kena towed back.. >100k km also... no matter wat car servicing is important

Just a quick question... Did u guys turn off air con n radio before switching off engine?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back