Oh, what is to be replaced?????????????

cheers

Re: Happy 100,000km!!

Time to buy F30!

Recently replaced:
- Vanos solenoid o-rings (x2)
- Oil filter housing 0-ring
- radiator expansion tank (no leaks, but started showing signs of cracking)

To be replaced:
- oil sump gasket (leak)
- valve cover gasket (leak)
- "dip-stick" o-ring?? (leak)
- ATF sump / filter (leak)
- ATF change (expensive!!)
- brake pads + sensors
- brake rotors

for consideration:
- ACS-style front lip
- ACS-style side skirts
- poison, poison, and more poison...

Cool..... How long Do u take to reach that?? :)

R335;732092 said:
Cool..... How long Do u take to reach that?? :)

5.5yrs.... and still hoping that COE will drop before end of the 10yr mark... :shoot:

I feel your pain. My pre-owned ride has 88k n 3+ years.

Just changed vacuum pump, engine gasket.

Going in for oil sump gasket change and front brake pad replacement soon,

Winger;739053 said:
I feel your pain. My pre-owned ride has 88k n 3+ years.

Just changed vacuum pump, engine gasket.

Going in for oil sump gasket change and front brake pad replacement soon,

The oil sump gasket's a common problem.... Brake pads are consumables.... Where will you change yours?

Did the first servicing at j4c. Repaired major leak from vacuum pump and top cover gasket. Waiting for next service to do up the rest. How about you? Any good suggestions where to do? Trying to decide whether to change ATF? $$$$

Found quite a few solutions from BMW.sg and trying to DIY some. Rusty connectors giving off alarms. Rear light grounding connector and side mirror connectors. :dance:

Last edited by a moderator:

After this CNY trip to KL, mine also reached 100kkm. Saw a few bros along NS highway as well. This time saw C class open bonet @ road shoulder but not BMW.

Welcome to the 100k club.

Unfortunately she's gone. :(

301686_10150351686558355_586363354_8490872_1414245037_n.jpg

chinweyngee;740242 said:
After this CNY trip to KL, mine also reached 100kkm. Saw a few bros along NS highway as well. This time saw C class open bonet @ road shoulder but not BMW.

Whoops! Hope it's not a singapore car plate.....

lkm;740252 said:
Whoops! Hope it's not a singapore car plate.....

Previously I saw twice 5 series open bonet @ road shoulder as well. All are sin plate car:shock:

But all speeding cars are fr merc & beemer (180km/h & above). Cefiro, accord, camry....all giving way desperately:laughlik:

Same here, just changed valvetronic servo motor, vacuum pump assembly, ATF oil pan and ATF flush, rear brake rotors and pads, valve cover gasket, and numerous hoses.

Pending next replacement:
Oil sump gasket, engine and gear box mounting, control arm bushing.

Also to change shock absorbers soon, as rear absorber has foam covering covering visibly torn and probably EOL soon.

Very expensive 100k servicing.

lkm;732057 said:
Recently replaced:
- Vanos solenoid o-rings (x2)
- Oil filter housing 0-ring
- radiator expansion tank (no leaks, but started showing signs of cracking)

To be replaced:
- oil sump gasket (leak)
- valve cover gasket (leak)
- "dip-stick" o-ring?? (leak)
- ATF sump / filter (leak)
- ATF change (expensive!!)
- brake pads + sensors
- brake rotors

for consideration:
- ACS-style front lip
- ACS-style side skirts
- poison, poison, and more poison...

The ATF is $42/litre at j4c x 7 litres for parts and $50 for labour so not cheap at all,

Good news is now tranny runs smoother and no need to change for the next 80k km at normal conditions.

Winger;739207 said:
Did the first servicing at j4c. Repaired major leak from vacuum pump and top cover gasket. Waiting for next service to do up the rest. How about you? Any good suggestions where to do? Trying to decide whether to change ATF? $$$$

Found quite a few solutions from BMW.sg and trying to DIY some. Rusty connectors giving off alarms. Rear light grounding connector and side mirror connectors. :dance:

canuck78;745233 said:
Same here, just changed valvetronic servo motor, vacuum pump assembly, ATF oil pan and ATF flush, rear brake rotors and pads, valve cover gasket, and numerous hoses.

Pending next replacement:
Oil sump gasket, engine and gear box mounting, control arm bushing.

Also to change shock absorbers soon, as rear absorber has foam covering covering visibly torn and probably EOL soon.

Very expensive 100k servicing.

my e90 front suspension got "kok" sound whn went up high hump, think time up leow. tot of chg new one front/rear & hope to use till COE expire. Got any lobang to chg suspension?

If you can wait a bit, then monitor classifieds here for some bro who may be upgrading their new 318/320i to aftermarket parts (their LCI model should still be able to fit onto ours, mine PFL but cannot confirm until i get it fixed. I got a relatively new set of 4 from a nice bro here, who's trading in his LCI e90 for another Bimmer hehe. Workshop say it's the same so should not be a problem as i waiting to change with some other repairs on the suspension and tranny :)

If cannot wait, then go buy the part from a local bmw stock list (e.g. i see eng soon coming up many times), so it should still be cheaper to buy your parts and just pay labour at the workshop.

Actually my shocks still works ok, just the rear absorber foam covering (both sides) is torn, and i can see the shiny absorber rods exposed, so might as well change it.

You will probably find another things like the control arm bushing etc that needs to be changed as well so might as well do it all at once.

chinweyngee;745396 said:
my e90 front suspension got "kok" sound whn went up high hump, think time up leow. tot of chg new one front/rear & hope to use till COE expire. Got any lobang to chg suspension?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winterbrian89
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back