Headlamp with watermark and stain inside

Violin

I hv just noticed that there are patches of watermarks and stains inside my car headlamps when the XENON is on. Anyone encountered the same problem ? Since my car is still new, do u think PML will be able to replace it or clean it ? :(

Re: Headlamp with watermark and stain inside

Violin;427919 said:
I hv just noticed that there are patches of watermarks and stains inside my car headlamps when the XENON is on. Anyone encountered the same problem ? Since my car is still new, do u think PML will be able to replace it or clean it ? :(

fret NOT Violin,
i had similar talked with other forumer who has similar problem, he even went a step further by claiming PML, whom after somewhile allowed to change to new headlamp. But technically it is inherent problem, it seems.
i oso has this, but it seems small issue to me so far, not so obvious yet:angry:

i have fogging and stain in the headlamps in all my bmws. inherent indeed.
no point changing. it will be back again.. unless water leaking into it then different story.

Yea I won't mind if it's minor and less obvious. Unfortunately, the dirts, watermarks & stains is pretty bad. I will not hv noticed it if my friend did not ask me why my car's headlight cover is so dirty while he was waiting for me to park my car. So this is the first time i actually step out of the car with the engine on to look directly into the headlight lol. Will call my SE for his advice.

It's a inherent problem.

I have the water stains in my headlights too and it's getting from bad to worse. I've highlighted it to PML when I went for first servicing but they pretended no time to fix and asked to me to check again next time round.

If you do a search, there was a previous thread on this and some people managed to ask PML to change new headlights but problem came back again. Good luck

When i went down to PML, the CSA told me it's an inherent problem for "ALL" (??) Xenon headlight especially 5 series. But what so special about 5 series ? I was indeed pretty shocked to hear that. Then he started to show me lots of pics he has taken from his computer. Woah, some are far worst them mine :uhhh: Actually it doesn't bother me anymore unlike the first time when i saw it :yummie: Well, since this is an inherent problem, why don't they informed their customers before they decide if they still want to go ahead to purchase the car ? ROFL :lol2:

gusty;430189 said:
It's a inherent problem.

I have the water stains in my headlights too and it's getting from bad to worse. I've highlighted it to PML when I went for first servicing but they pretended no time to fix and asked to me to check again next time round.

If you do a search, there was a previous thread on this and some people managed to ask PML to change new headlights but problem came back again. Good luck

A saleperson's job is to tell you stuff to make you buy the car and not stuff to make you think before if they still want to go ahead to purchase the car...

BTW, my 7-series also having the same problem... :angry:

Violin;430661 said:
When i went down to PML, the CSA told me it's an inherent problem for "ALL" (??) Xenon headlight especially 5 series. But what so special about 5 series ? I was indeed pretty shocked to hear that. Then he started to show me lots of pics he has taken from his computer. Woah, some are far worst them mine :uhhh: Actually it doesn't bother me anymore unlike the first time when i saw it :yummie: Well, since this is an inherent problem, why don't they informed their customers before they decide if they still want to go ahead to purchase the car ? ROFL :lol2:

not only in bmw la. my gti also hv....my neihbours new audi and a T6 volvo also have. i think its common.

Haha... My Glasses olso have this issue. 1day dunno must wipe how many times... kekeke... For my E60 i try not to look at it. Coz it's really a turn-off and thr's nothing i can do abt it unlike with my glasses. The stains are really ugly... :wtf:

:lol:

Funny (and typical) for PML to say its an inherent problem and then leave it as it is. Then when u install sway bars to increase stability to the chasis, they say warranty void cos interfere with the engine...

So if I sell a car with an inherent brake problem, can I also just leave it as it is?

Violin;430661 said:

Violin,
once u had LaminX yr headlight, it does not look so hazy liao!
yr "issues" will be covered:cool:
just like mine.:cool:

Hi Violin,

Better ask them to replace a new one ASAP. Last time for my E46 when I requested them to change the headlight cover due to the stain, they said they will do it during the next servicing and when next servicing came, they said cannot replace and I asked them to clean for me. In the end, it make the headlight worse, there were scratches all over and I need to buy a new headlight cover myself to replace.

Regards,
Varco

Best Nikes Air Jordan Release Dates ??

Hello Everyone,

I just want to know if you guys has an idea as to where I can get updated Air Jordan Release Dates?

I recently read about a website BayAreaKicks.com, and I want to know where I can get a pair.

Thank You!

PS: I hope I don't get flamed for talking about footwear on this forum.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back