Hello from a newbie

Re: Hello from a newbie

SSDD1;723062 said:
Welcome Stan

I too had owned Audi and MB before. Just crossed from the dark side about two mths ago. My current ride is F10 IL6. Sori code names again, it isthe 523i model with 6 cycl.
Current 520 and 528 are 4 cycl.

how is the ride so far?

the new 528 seems value for money, with potential savings in road tax and fuel consumption from its 2litre engine and 245 bp. but not sure what the new 4cyc means compared to the usual six. does it mean engine will be rougher and noisier?

hi theer im late .. but nvd welcome to the club.. cheers.. kopi soon ya ..

stanley lee;722934 said:
Hi everyone,

My name is Stanley. Im currently driving an Audi now but seriously considering a switch to a beemer. So here i am, in the forum, trying to find out more about what this top-selling european make has to offer.

Appreciate your honest advise and feedback. Cheers!

bro welcome aboard... both are great cars.. but diff feel... u will not regret yr chioce afterall... cheers.. meet up for kopi ba..

Hi Stanley

My F10 is superb in every sense. Only thing the pick up is not as quick as my previous A6 chip up version. All the F10 owners in this forum will swear by the IL6 refine performance. Most of them do not mention the handling part which I think still the forte of BMW.

To be fair you should really have a real test drive on both A6 and 520 or 528.
Good luck.

Welcome Stan and happy new year!

I switched from Japanese cars to BMW about 2 and a half years ago. When I test drove an A4 recently, the drive is not anywhere as fun as my BMW car. If you can, go for 6-cylinder for the creamy smooth engine.

ktnpl;724063 said:
Welcome Stan and happy new year!

I switched from Japanese cars to BMW about 2 and a half years ago. When I test drove an A4 recently, the drive is not anywhere as fun as my BMW car. If you can, go for 6-cylinder for the creamy smooth engine.

Hi ktnpl,

Happy New Year to u!

so far any problems with upkeeping the car. read several comments in forums about BMW cars being problematic and not that reliable.

Cheers!

Stanley, if u go vagsg u will read all the problems about Audi too. Hitmee say one : VAGSG Community

C3P0;724093 said:
Stanley, if u go vagsg u will read all the problems about Audi too. Hitmee say one : VAGSG Community

yup, im not surprised. but good to know what to look out for. perhaps cars nowadays are not built to last for commercial reasons we know too well.

stanley lee;724087 said:
Happy New Year to u!

so far any problems with upkeeping the car. read several comments in forums about BMW cars being problematic and not that reliable.

Cheers!

My car will be 3 years old in May 2012. So far, I have replaced the rear light assemby twice and fuel pump once under warranty. I will be replacing the set of fuel injectors next, also under warranty. I think the faulty fuel pump and injectors only happen to the twin turbo engine.

Since my mileage is just below 10,000 km a year, the maintenance/servicing is only slightly more than $300 a year.

I am now considering whether to extend the warranty with PML to 5th year at a cost of $4,200 for six-cylinder engine models.

You may want to start with the current generation (F10) 523i six-cyclinder version if they still have stock of this model. I test drove it and the handling is superb. The only downside is that it felt underpowered for me because I have been driving a 3-litre twin turbo for 2 and a half years.

My family of 4 is generally happy with the car. My wife actually prefer a Lexus GS300 or Mercedez CLS but she does not drive so the clear winner is BMW, voted my me and my daughters :D

Last edited by a moderator:

stanley lee;722934 said:
Hi everyone,

My name is Stanley. Im currently driving an Audi now but seriously considering a switch to a beemer. So here i am, in the forum, trying to find out more about what this top-selling european make has to offer.

Appreciate your honest advise and feedback. Cheers!

hey there, welcome! i'm new too! and i'm also a VAG driver haaha.

stanley lee;726669 said:
hi Impavidus, what model are you driving? the VAG forum seems to be dead.

he is driving a 1.4L Dentist Black Rocco that he think is very fast at night...........................

cheers

According to my SE, the remaining stock of 523i (IL6) has all been sold in December.

So you can only try the 520i or the 528i (4 cylinder)!

stanley lee;723000 said:
pardon me for my ignorance but what does F10 mean?

hello, nice to meet you!

F10 is a good car, F4 is boy band, there is F4 girls too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alo789mx
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back