Hello, self intro

Rod

Hi all,

Rod here, currently driving a honda accord CL7 for past 5 years (drove abt 160000km), going to expire in Apr 17, as such is looking at getting a 2nd hand car. Previous rides include 91' Starlet, 04' Lancer and 06' Latio, all 2nd hand. I'm more on the economical mode, low down-payment with reasonable OMV type of car. The current market, wife advise me to look at conti as it make more economical sense to get a 2nd hand with high omv to drive for 2-3 years (plus her frens are changing to 2nd hand conti as well...), thus join this forum for some advise for bmw, was looking at a few option

- 08'-10' 520, X3
- 08'-10' A6, Q5
- camry or forester (i had grew comfortable with Jap build, and always timely done my servicing, standard wear and tear repair)
(after joining the audi forum and reading through, had since dropped the idea for an audi...)

Utility-wise, very heavy usage, needed a decent car, large enough to bring 2 kids (aged 3 and 5mths) n wife n maid n a lot barang barang daily between home, sch, care-taker place etc...

looking forward to any kind soul for pointers.

Re: Hello, self intro

Rod;1132928 said:
Hi all,

Rod here, currently driving a honda accord CL7 for past 5 years (drove abt 160000km), going to expire in Apr 17, as such is looking at getting a 2nd hand car. Previous rides include 91' Starlet, 04' Lancer and 06' Latio, all 2nd hand. I'm more on the economical mode, low down-payment with reasonable OMV type of car. The current market, wife advise me to look at conti as it make more economical sense to get a 2nd hand with high omv to drive for 2-3 years (plus her frens are changing to 2nd hand conti as well...), thus join this forum for some advise for bmw, was looking at a few option

- 08'-10' 520, X3
- 08'-10' A6, Q5
- camry or forester (i had grew comfortable with Jap build, and always timely done my servicing, standard wear and tear repair)
(after joining the audi forum and reading through, had since dropped the idea for an audi...)

Utility-wise, very heavy usage, needed a decent car, large enough to bring 2 kids (aged 3 and 5mths) n wife n maid n a lot barang barang daily between home, sch, care-taker place etc...

Hi Rod,

welcome onboard...........

* Happy shopping...
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Hi Rod! Am new here too! Seems like you need a MPV more if you are talking about practicalities.. *my 2cents*

Obsidian Rift;1132943 said:
Hi Rod! Am new here too! Seems like you need a MPV more if you are talking about practicalities.. *my 2cents*

Thanks,
Considering Wish or Odyssey, but given slightly lower downpayment and similar installment, the much higher OMV in the conti catergory was a catch point

Hi All,

just collected my 09' 520i xl, it's a Pre FL.

Just to check anyone know what is this 19 inch rim, what is the correct psi i need to pump?
26473520702_843d475f19_z.jpg

19inch rim by rod tan, on Flickr

Hi all,

- 08'-10' 520, X3
- 08'-10' A6, Q5

Welcome Rod!

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back