HELP - Adjustable Suspension/Damper - X5

I recently purchased a used E70 X5 (2008) for my wife and the ride on this car with the 20" Style 214 Rim is extremely hard on bumps and uneven roads. The handling and steering is fine but the ride comfort is really bad.

Can anyone suggest a modification whereby I can replaced with an adjustable or simply a softer suspension? Anything softer would be great enough.

Brand/Type/Place to Approach?

Thanks!

Re: HELP - Adjustable Suspension/Damper - X5

Kaohsiungans;630124 said:
I recently purchased a used E70 X5 (2008) for my wife and the ride on this car with the 20" Style 214 Rim is extremely hard on bumps and uneven roads. The handling and steering is fine but the ride comfort is really bad.

Can anyone suggest a modification whereby I can replaced with an adjustable or simply a softer suspension? Anything softer would be great enough.

Brand/Type/Place to Approach?

Thanks!

Hi Kao,

could it be the rims size? maybe can try with 19ins rims?

cheers

Tyres are 30 in front and 20 rear on these 20 inch rims. I do expect these trade-off for having nice rims so i'm making trade off to compensate pocket to level the ride comfort with perhaps a change in suspension coilover.

I seeonly the KW3 works for X5 but i'm not looking at lowering the ride, just want a better dampening shocks to take aways those bumps.

Any advice?

Kaohsiungans;630139 said:
Tyres are 30 in front and 20 rear on these 20 inch rims. I do expect these trade-off for having nice rims so i'm making trade off to compensate pocket to level the ride comfort with perhaps a change in suspension coilover.

I seeonly the KW3 works for X5 but i'm not looking at lowering the ride, just want a better dampening shocks to take aways those bumps.

Any advice?

Hi Kao,

wow, quite low profile ya for a X Series.........30 front and 20 rear............
can try front 40 and rear 35......
i think is more on the tyre profile than just suspension alone............

cheers

Don't think you can get any after market suspension that offer a softer ride than stock. Would suggest you consider changing the rims to stock size, 18" or 19"?

Changing from RFT to normal tyre would help ride comfort also.

My E60 is on PSS10 with 18" rims and I find that good handling is where the front and rear are set to 5 but ride comfort is not so good. Setting 4 makes the ride comfort acceptable but can't corner as fast compared to Setting 5.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back