help ! my BMW made in south africa

Re: help ! my BMW made in south africa

heerajs;154525 said:
guys what do you think, if you were me, would you sell my 320 with the specs i hav for a 523i

I think you should keep your "nade in Germany" 320i (BTW that is a 4 cyl, know..) and get PML to bring in another made in Germany 530 for you.

Err.. Why not source for a "North African" one... I think mine is made there..so I smoke German Ciggy to compensate.. German beer is nice and I am desperately trying to find a German Gas station... you noe what I mean??? me no speaking german hor.

heerajs said:
guys what do you think, if you were me, would you sell my 320 with the specs i hav for a 523i
Paladin said:
Heerajs : i admire your patience. but there's really no point talking to these people. spend your energies positively elsewhere to sell your nice car. all the best!
Heerajs, you advertise here for the "premium" status of your car, and seek advice here if you should keep it or switch to a 523i. While we tried as hard as possible to be objective, there is simply no way we could give a honest opinion and assessment without figuring out the exact "premium feel" of your ride.

My suggestion is for you to show up with your car in this month's meetup, and give a chance for the rest of the forum to evaluate the intrinsic worth of your car. Only then can the expertise and experience of many BMW owners be deployed to evaluate your car, and give advice if you should sell and switch, or keep.

Sounds fair?

As for Paladin, I really do not see your point of spiking here. What we were trying to do here is to find the distinctions of heerajs' ride vis-a-vis the South African models and try to assess the real worth of it. If a BMW forum does not accept rational dissection of the merits and shortcomings of a BMW to be sold here, then how do potential BMW buyers accord the value of the ride?

I believe the term caveat emptor assumes an informed buyer.

I do not think it is fair for us to assume things as they are, and take issues at face value.

tho my SA told me, in a unconvincing tone, 3 series all come from SA but I do know that BMW built a new plant in Leipzig, East Germany, to build the E90 3 series. I know cos my sister organisation provides the equipment to that plant for alignment purposes. Saw it in the product brochure coincidently.

twinringmotegi;155410 said:
tho my SA told me, in a unconvincing tone, 3 series all come from SA but I do know that BMW built a new plant in Leipzig, East Germany, to build the E90 3 series. I know cos my sister organisation provides the equipment to that plant for alignment purposes. Saw it in the product brochure coincidently.

Yes BMW does have a plant at Leipzig but I don't think PML buys from them or maybe they don't make RHDs. I think this plants production of the eastern block countries. BMW also has a plant in China. China made BMW's will never make it to Singapore, apparanlty something about the fuel.

AFAIK, the UK market does have E90 3-Series models from the Leipzig factory in Germany. So they do make RHD models there.

Singapore (PML) gets all their 3's from S.Africa, though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789wintoday

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back