Help! Swirl Marks on BRAND NEW car.

Re: Help! Swirl Marks on BRAND NEW car.

FYI, swirl marks is much easier to cure than water marks.

get a proper paint restorer to work on your car, forget abt their in-house groomer , i think it will come back just as bad if not worse.

the agent can do it without you even know about it.
a new layer of topcoat will do.

turtlebmw;426197 said:
Thats not very helpful. Would you want to do that to you brand new car?

think you are refering to starblack?

By the sound of it your swirl marks seem pretty serious? Not sure if the detailer who preped the car for delivery used some inappropriate equipment for the polish, resulting in more serious than usual swirls. Any pics to show? If it is to serious think groomers can only lessen the marks, might not be able to restore it completely.

Terry;426275 said:
i used to go to spa for cars.... best hands down... but due to some prob they close down...

alternative will be juzz brilliant or R2D....

dont go the main stream places... i wouldnt mention names.... but dont go to places where they dont know their stuff... when they only promote product....

polishing is skill... not product...

btw there is one guy in other forum by the name of GEN2... if anyone knows about him.. he is freelance doing real and proper paint restoration... he does only 1 car per day and his booking is like 2-3 months in advance

Thank You! I'll get her to check them out.
But then again, she seems more fond of just letting them take the car for their three day polish, and see if there is any improvement.

zag;426276 said:
not quite agree...
i got bad experience in my preview e60 delivery after the PDI polished it before delivery.... took it back the body work department repolished it and the swirl is reduced but again my car wasn't black.

when i took my new delivery in january this year, i make a stern request that PDI do not polish the car rather than just clean them. (thks to fellow forumer reminded me this which i almost forgot). Took the car and immediately bring it to groomer house. Not a single swirl marks and under petrol station flood ligt what i saw was mirror finish paint work.

there is a debate among car owners on either to let PDI polish or not before delivery as it might not expose paint work issues at delivery.

so the advise is do not let PDI center polish your new ride other than just light cleaning of the delivery wax coating.

as for OP's question.. checking if the clear coat is damage or not helps.. just need to get the dealer to appoint a top class polisher to remove the swirl. An experienced polisher can polish without inducing swirl marks.

I read up about this on the Xbimmer forum, where this guy collected his X6 with all the protection paper still on! He requested for them to NOT touch the car, as he wanted to clean it up himself!

como;426282 said:
FYI, swirl marks is much easier to cure than water marks.

get a proper paint restorer to work on your car, forget abt their in-house groomer , i think it will come back just as bad if not worse.

She said that their in house groomer uses 3M products.

JohnChan;426293 said:
the agent can do it without you even know about it.
a new layer of topcoat will do.

Thanks! But i doubt she would accept that offer if it ever came from the agent.

Slater;426308 said:
think you are refering to starblack?

By the sound of it your swirl marks seem pretty serious? Not sure if the detailer who preped the car for delivery used some inappropriate equipment for the polish, resulting in more serious than usual swirls. Any pics to show? If it is to serious think groomers can only lessen the marks, might not be able to restore it completely.

Well they took the car for TWO polishes already, and the swirls are still very visible! Will see if my friend can take any pictures!

Somehow i have a feeling that the '3 day polish' is actually a re-spray job.

It only takes a short while to remove swirls......ask Mockingbird......i did for his bonnet....not perfect job but then again, i only spent 15mins.

Key success factors are:-

1. Proper technique in washing car plus must have good washing facility
2. Always use clean cloth or clean orbitor sponge / cum cloth

I loathe most car park vendors and even condo washer persons.... 1 cloth 1 sponge 1 pail of water --- Alamark! Nasi Lemark!

adroit;435053 said:
Somehow i have a feeling that the '3 day polish' is actually a re-spray job.

It only takes a short while to remove swirls......ask Mockingbird......i did for his bonnet....not perfect job but then again, i only spent 15mins.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back