Help! Whistling noise from E90

Re: Help! Whistling noise from E90

Perhaps during the next meetup, E90 owners should get together to share and exchange information on their ride. Any suggestions?

waynechai said:
Plastic cracking sound on driver seat?
I have some "cracking" sound too.
It is absolutely annoying, more so than the whistling sound.
It turned out that there are som problem with springs in the seat.

Rodders...
Oil change at 12.5K...my E90 comes with BSI...can I drive in before the service indication is up?

Apparently, the mileage indication will/may change. When I got the car, it was 25,000. It is now 27,000.
The salesman said that that will vary according to how hard I drive the car.
Not too sure about the how the E90 works but in my case, whenever I send my car in earlier to PML for the oil change, they would just reset the meter again. If you're thinking of doing an oil change in-between at a workshop outside, there's no need to reset the meter. Just let it run till you bring your car back to PML for the next oil change.

onz lah! cheers e90!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver31 said:
Perhaps during the next meetup, E90 owners should get together to share and exchange information on their ride. Any suggestions?

Silver31 said:

or a kopi session one of these nights...:)

drivemax said:
Hi,
Since you guys got yr E90 not long ago, did you guys feel the engine
is noisy when listen from outside? It sounds like a diesel taxi sound.
Mine sounds like that. Not sure whether it is still in its running-in stage as mine just slightly above 1k. :thinking:

Hi drivemax, I've the same noise from the outside... It really sound like a diesel taxi...
Now 400km... will run in and see if the noise goes away...

Cheers

The noise has tone down a little. Milleage about 1700k. Next thing to do is to
put in the under bonnet insulator (too bad, our E90 doesn't come with that).
Anyone has any suggestion how to do?

Very good idea.
It may even reduct the whistling sound perhaps? Or other sound.

In fact, the tyre noise irks me at times, and I was told by my friend that it is really the problem of the run-flat tyre.

Anybody feel the same way abt the tyre noise?
Any way to reduce?

P.S. I will start a thread abt under bonnet insulator in this same forum (dont know which is best forum for this)

Got a secret to tell you..

The whistling noise is actually.. the secret supercharger under your bonnet. Don't tell anyone i told you.

RaptureM3 said:
Got a secret to tell you..

The whistling noise is actually.. the secret supercharger under your bonnet. Don't tell anyone i told you.

Really???? :ehhh:

I've just bought some under bonnect insulation (from Stamford) and will start sticking it on this weekend... you can get the material from Stamford or Autobac...

Cheers

Guys, looks like more E90 owners joined the forum as more problems are reported. I drive the E90 320i since Jul and have been reading this as well as other forums. Some of the hear-say I read summarized below. Might not be 100% accurate and I am no BMW guru - just another guy who loves his car and expects it to be perfect.

1. Whistling noise - several forums discussed this issue and many says that its the valvetronic at work.

2. Rattling noise at B pillar - BMW reelase a service note to all its agent to fix this know problems. PML should know how to fix it.

3. For those early adoptors of E90 whose doors does not lock when you drive off, go ask PML to schedule you for an software update. The software upgrade also allows you to unlock only the driver door on 1st click and all doors on second. Newer shipments should not have this problem. Got mine fixed already, a 4 hours process. Don't wait.

4. Noisy tire and bumpy ride - yes its the run flat tire, but also do check your tire pressure. Want a softer ride, throw (or give them to me as spares) away the run-flats. I plan to change mine after 18 months.

5. engine sounds like diesel taxi and sound will go away after run-in, don't bet on it. my ride already done 11k and it still sound like the taxi. luckily it quite well insulated inside.

6. what bothers me the most - wind noise on driver and front passenger windows noticed after 100-110 kmph. noise level annoying even with the radio ON. anyone else got this problems. Unable to fix at PML after several attempts.

Hope the above helps. E90 guys should stand together. If the kopi meetup is not realized, hope to see you guys and gals at the month end meetup. Let's see who has the taxi that makes the most noise. cheers.

Silver31 said:

ok count me in. i am enjoy my ride everytime i fire up the car. :)

bt

babe said:
or a kopi session one of these nights...:)

ok for me, i am on the East.

bt

:)

Silver31 said:

count me in. the only problem is that I leave in the west, so probably need to make upfront arrangement. dinner or coffee would be fine with me.

ok.. seems like quite a few of us are interested to have teh kopi session.. how abt this Thurs at 8:30pm ?

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back