Hey there...

Im new here. 325i Coupe. :cool:
Enjoying my ride after switching from Subaru.

Hope to get some advises especially on reliable workshops and maybe ride with you guys some day!

Re: Hey there...

ryannpnathan;1109506 said:
Im new here. 325i Coupe. :cool:
Enjoying my ride after switching from Subaru.

Hope to get some advises especially on reliable workshops and maybe ride with you guys some day!

Hi Ryan,

welcome onboard.......

* feel free to check-out our site sponsor workshop
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Thanks for the welcome messages.

I bought my E92 from a dealer 3 Months ago and every 2-3 Weeks or so i see the transmission warning light appear and car goes on limp mode. When i switch off the engine and turn on again, everything is back to normal.
Since it is still within the 6 months lemon law period, i went to the workshop that the dealer asked me to go to.
The technician told me that the error was with switching from gear 4 to 5 and can be cleared by changing the transmission oil and filter and need to charge me $400.00 for it.
The dealer is telling me the lemon law will be void if i do this servicing in my own preferred workshop. i am rather skeptical about this and afraid this problem might be back after the 6 mths lemon law period.

Have any of you guys gone through this or would give me some advise on my rights as a consumer. Transmission problem could be very expensive if i do not resolve it soon enough.

ryannpnathan;1109726 said:

I bought my E92 from a dealer 3 Months ago and every 2-3 Weeks or so i see the transmission warning light appear and car goes on limp mode. When i switch off the engine and turn on again, everything is back to normal.
Since it is still within the 6 months lemon law period, i went to the workshop that the dealer asked me to go to.
The technician told me that the error was with switching from gear 4 to 5 and can be cleared by changing the transmission oil and filter and need to charge me $400.00 for it.
The dealer is telling me the lemon law will be void if i do this servicing in my own preferred workshop. i am rather skeptical about this and afraid this problem might be back after the 6 mths lemon law period.

Have any of you guys gone through this or would give me some advise on my rights as a consumer. Transmission problem could be very expensive if i do not resolve it soon enough.

Hi ryan,

why don't let the dealers' workshop settle it first and then continue to monitor it? what's your mileage now?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Thanks for your reply.

My mileage is 89K now. Bought at 85K.
How often do you change transmission oil and filter?

ryannpnathan;1109740 said:
Thanks for your reply.

My mileage is 89K now. Bought at 85K.
How often do you change transmission oil and filter?

50000km.......for me

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

If it's problematic, shouldn't the dealer pay for the repairs as its within 6 months?

ryannpnathan;1109726 said:

You can check with any site sponsor for second opinions.

Dun make sense. Problem is gear 4 & 5... change oil cant help. Solenoid issues likely? Dun kana fake by dealer or workshop. Just chk your terms n agreement with dealer. Send it to your trusted workshop n send the bill to dealer

With addition of last week, i have gone to the dealer's workshop 5 times and they are not able to resolve the automatic transmission warning light. The workshop has made me do a transmission servicing at my cost but the warning light continues to come up. All the workshop does is reset the warning.

Do any of your guys have experience on how to handle car dealers on this warranty issue? i only have 1 month left on my lemon law warranty and i am worried. : (

Do you think going to PML will help? Is there a hotline or governing body that i can report this issue to?

Basically how we read it is a defect but dealer push you to workshop n workshop resets. Why dun you send the car to pml to ask for a quotation and then send the quotation to your dealer? 1 month is very fast over... dun wait. Get more opinion from site sponsors here as well.

Went to PML... $ 35.00 fix, new engine oil cap... Minor Leakage causing misfire... Thanks for all your help...

Last edited by a moderator:

ryannpnathan;1113235 said:
Went to PML... $ 35.00 fix, new engine oil cap... Minor Leakage casing misfire... Thanks for all your help...

so dealer workshop doesn't know about this issue?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back