hi all! advice on buying Z4

burnz

hey y'all, am currently based overseas but moving back to sg by end of the year to start a new job and already itching for a new car purchase :)

have narrowed down my choice to a Z4 2.5 roadster.
am not a performance junkie, just want a fun car to zip around town and daily commuting.

noticed that Z4 roadsters are also available through parallel importers these days, and not only through PML. is it advisable to get a Z4 through PI? what's the PI price?

thanks!!

Re: hi all! advice on buying Z4

u should try asking our admin Ryan abt his Z4, provided that its still available...that is if u don't mind getting a pre-owned car

thanks! saw his ride when i did a forum search on Z4. very very nice. though i've to admit my preference is to buy new.

oops, ryan already sold his Z4.
well, some of our site sponsors like BHP might have the Z4 u want, besides the usual PML.
i think can email the site sponsors for a quote and the options that comes with it.
besides that, i bet our Z4 guys here can help if u ask them nicely...kekeke

thanks!
i saw on sgcarmart that BHP is quoting a new Z4 2.5 for around $136k? sounds too good to be true :)

Is it 2.5i or 2.5Si?
192hp vs 218hp.
Si has additional sport button and paddleshifts.
Big price difference and resale.
Colour on Z4 is also big factor when it comes to resale.

Also, consider that new Z4 is coming out next year... current Z4 based on E46 platform and interior.
Why not consider used Z4... plenty on offer and you will find a good one if you wait a while?

Z4 is a great handling car, but steering is electric and a little numb. Also quite a hard ride (similar to all roadsters). And space is a premium although boot is quite sizeable. If you can get past those it's a great car.

burnz;355476 said:
thanks!
i saw on sgcarmart that BHP is quoting a new Z4 2.5 for around $136k? sounds too good to be true :)

hi burnz, was in the same situation recently. Was considering b/w a used or new unit, decided to get one new cos i don't have much issue with the upcoming new model release. I've always loved the E85 model, and I intend to hold on to it for a few years.

the BHP model you saw is probably a reconditioned unit, which means its an imported used car with a 10 yr COE. One thing I'd like to point out is that while the PI prices look more attractive, you should check the specs of the car versus the one PML (auth agent) is selling. From pictures, you can tell that some of the PI cars don't come with automatic air conditioning, xenons, etc. So do some homework first. Then again, if you just want a basic spec'd unit, this may not be an issue to you. The PML cars have practically all the options which made it more attractive to me.

After I chose my unit, there were only 3 units left. From a chat with my sales rep I believe they sold out all their Z4 stock less than a month after. I'm amazed at how fast the z moves out of the showroom! I was at the Performance Centre recently, and the Z4 was no longer shown on the latest pricelist. By the time you're back, they might have a new shipment otherwise you might have to indent one.

Good luck with your decision!

Yup, agree with motorknut, Z4s are sold quite fast in S'pore...
Depreciation is also very solid (ie. keeps value well)

I had little problems selling mine... Loved the car... only problem was that I needed more than 2 seats

Hey Burnz mine's used but almost 90% brand new parts for everything that is expected to have wear & tear except the engine lol, which I already changed the mounts and rubber oil seals as well & low milleage... I don't mind letting go end of the year or early 09 as well :) Send me a PM if u are interested.

hey valor, i don't have PMs access yet since i'm still a new member.
can you drop me an email with your Z4 details?

burnz;356203 said:
^^ is the new Z4 expected in 2009?

shd be 2010

hi welcome to bmw.sg

all the best in your search.

Sorry to dig up this old thread, i m looking at the Z4 too.

BHP offering 126K for imported used 2.2 Z4. Anybody got any experiences with this used imported cars? Is it worth the risk?

Hi,

i've juz booked my Used Import Z4 from a PI yesterday after much research before deciding to buy this car from PI...call me at 91991092 and i'll share some interesting info with u so u can make a more informed decision....

cheers

i think the main advantage buying a used import is that it certainly has the lowest annual depreciation, which certainly makes a lot of economic sense provided you are prepared to drive the car for a good 5-7 years at least (but few of us do).

my main concern (still is) would be for the most of us who change cars every 3-4 years, what kind of resale value can a used import Z4 command? unclear at the moment since used imports is a new phenomenon.

as for me, i've decided to intensify my hunt for a 2nd hand PML Z4 now, preferably 3-4 years old.

burnz;396636 said:
i think the main advantage buying a used import is that it certainly has the lowest annual depreciation, which certainly makes a lot of economic sense provided you are prepared to drive the car for a good 5-7 years at least (but few of us do).

my main concern (still is) would be for the most of us who change cars every 3-4 years, what kind of resale value can a used import Z4 command? unclear at the moment since used imports is a new phenomenon.

as for me, i've decided to intensify my hunt for a 2nd hand PML Z4 now, preferably 3-4 years old.

what do u think a 3-4yrs old's Z4 is worth pls?

^^ judging from sgcarmart, looks like 3-4yr Z4s should be anywhere between 110-120k plus

bluedevil;395948 said:
Sorry to dig up this old thread, i m looking at the Z4 too.

BHP offering 126K for imported used 2.2 Z4. Anybody got any experiences with this used imported cars? Is it worth the risk?

Totally no risk!

You can contact me if you want the Z4 2.2L M54.

I'm with BHP Auto.

You can trust me with my reputation here......hehe

I can help you mod your car too!!

'The Great White'

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups