Holes in the rear lights cover

OrhBin

Dear All,

Finally i have bought a BMW and will be getting my 7YO E65 next week. This car was sold to me from my boss and conditions seem good...except the usual wear and tear. However, i noticed today there are two holes at the rear light covers...see below pictures

View attachment 41641View attachment 41642

Anyone has any idea how this can happen? Is it expensive to replace them with new ones?

Cheers
OrhBin

Re: Holes in the rear lights cover

seems like the bulb burnt a hole on the light casing
you can try ENG SOON from the list of vendors/workshops at the top of the page

seems like your boss sold u a lemon car, pls ask for refund :lol2:

jokes aside i think no big issue just replace the real lights

Last edited by a moderator:

replace it before water starts to sip in...... good luck....

Haha....good one with the "lemon" description...cannot ask for refund unless i find another job? :)

pReTeNd3r;896069 said:
replace it before water starts to sip in...... good luck....

That is also my main concern...just wonder how the hell the holes can become so big from a tiny pin hole...and it happens on both sides! Now am waiting for the spare part suppliers to revert with pricing...hope they will not be too expensive to replace.

OrhBin;896167 said:
That is also my main concern...just wonder how the hell the holes can become so big from a tiny pin hole...and it happens on both sides! Now am waiting for the spare part suppliers to revert with pricing...hope they will not be too expensive to replace.

plastics will tends to crack slowly.....or maybe ppl hand itchy go dig? :)

I think this is a common E65/66 problem. Noticed it on quite a few 7 series. For myself, I had it since two years ago, never bothered to replace. No water has seeped in yet. Still wondering how come? Think maybe the reverse lights too hot and cracked the hole in the plastic after some time.

I've the same issue on my car too. Do update on the price. I read somewhere that these lights are made by magnetti marelli... italian quality LOL.

Very strange phenomenon as the reverse lights would usually not be on for an extended period of time... but either way you probably only need to replace just one time!

Red_Bean_Bun;906939 said:
Are you looking at aftermarkets or originals for replacements ?

Doesn't matter, as long as got no holes. Its a non functional piece so even if aftermarket also ok...

Mine having a crack too, but a more severe one. It comes from the dealer. Now having it repaired at their cost. Will post the rates of the repair once I collect the car.

The warning indicator had been bogging me... Light indicator faulty, Tyre pressure lost, engine oil at its minimum level... OMG...

I have mine changed and so far so good for the past two weeks. Not sure if i am allowed to post the pricing here so please PM me if you would like to know. Cheers

I bought the ULO ones from ES and fitted myself haha. Took me about 30 mins haha, didn't know its that complicated, thought it would be a 10 min job. Cost 320 a pair

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back