Home CCTV

rosnovski

Bros, need some help with recommendation for home CCTV (reputable companies, installer etc). My baby is home alone with the maid most of the time, so would like to install CCTV for ease of mind. Thanks!

Re: Home CCTV

just get a network camera or two from panasonic, dlink...

be able to watch from your iphone or android live, motion capture thru email, recording if you must

I just bought this at the IT show yesterday. It's wireless and you can watch on your phone and internet as well. Gonna try it out next week.

Network Cameras Solutions| DLink

Price at the show is $234 for one, and $428 for 2 pcs. It's sold at a Starhub counter on the 6th floor.

u might wanna invest on a few cameras or a camera with Pan, Tilt, Zoom function. Network your device with your iPhone, you can download free at the apps store, mobile eye. This allows u to monitor your baby n your domestic helper anywhere at anytime.

VolanteDB9;620888 said:
just get a network camera or two from panasonic, dlink...

be able to watch from your iphone or android live, motion capture thru email, recording if you must

yup i got tat! but my maid still run road!!!

btw, can the panasonic can do recording?? cos i think mine cannot! please advise!!!

i think its better to get professional installation if you intend to cctv more than 1 area in your house.

the wiring should be neater.

just did some searching recently and am installing mine today.
nowadays dun need wiring to the recorder if you have a internet router at home, only power supply is required to the cameras
IP cameras (wireless) can connect to your router like any wireless (wifi) device

there are some with memory card slot which can record and store in the memory card within
but there are some which only send what it sees to the router and you gotta use a device to store the recording
all of them allow you to monitor what's happening live while you are outside via iPhone, smartphone etc

you can try to looking around sim lim square, lots of shops selling surviellance equipments
i enquired from 2 shop by the name JiaYing and Gotcha Hub at 2nd floor there

Last edited by a moderator:

715;621388 said:
I just bought this at the IT show yesterday. It's wireless and you can watch on your phone and internet as well. Gonna try it out next week.

Network Cameras Solutions| DLink

Price at the show is $234 for one, and $428 for 2 pcs. It's sold at a Starhub counter on the 6th floor.

I've managed to install these 2 wireless cameras in March. Only need to connect to power source, and the cameras connect to the router by WIFI.

After the installation, I called Dlink helpline, and they help me to remotely set up recording with motion detection, and the recorded files are stored in my pc. Works perfectly for me.

However, the viewing via iPhone is not really good, takes a long time to load and sometimes doesn't load.

Overall, I'm quite happy with it.

Require good quality cctv for home and include installation. Any recommendation? Thanks !

Whatever you buy, do not buy Aztech IP cams. I have had very bad experiences with Aztech's products, first a wireless extender now an IP cam. I will never buy Aztech again, though I had always supported a local enterprise.

I recently returned the said wireless IP cam and exercised my rights under the lemon law. I am still waiting for them to tell me if they will refund me in full.

pengful;1036382 said:
Whatever you buy, do not buy Aztech IP cams. I have had very bad experiences with Aztech's products, first a wireless extender now an IP cam. I will never buy Aztech again, though I had always supported a local enterprise.

I recently returned the said wireless IP cam and exercised my rights under the lemon law. I am still waiting for them to tell me if they will refund me in full.

Thanks ! better to avoid.

most IP cameras have quite narrow visual field. might not be able to capture the whole room unless your ceiling very high or room very big.

the panning feature is quite useless if you are using it to monitor kids.

715;637876 said:
However, the viewing via iPhone is not really good, takes a long time to load and sometimes doesn't load..

Hi, just curious... when you raise this issue with the seller what is their reply? I'm looking at something simple for small business purposes and viewing via iphone is quite important to me. Thanks for info...

Shaun;1036485 said:
Hi, just curious... when you raise this issue with the seller what is their reply? I'm looking at something simple for small business purposes and viewing via iphone is quite important to me. Thanks for info...

The slow speed was mainly due to the slow data speed on my hp, it loads much faster using WIFI.

I've installed them like 2.5 years ago and they are still working fine. I just took a pic with my iphone 4S
(not gold iphone 5s so don't pm and ask me whether I wanna sell or not, haha)

Pic for you:

[URL=http://s607.photobucket.com/user/newc180/media/null_zpsab7c9f3f.jpg.html][/URL]

Dlink , very easy to set up can even see in the dark with no lights and clear sound. alert via email, snap pic and video recording.Support Pc and smart phone

Can anyone recommend reliable supplier who can provide good quality home cctv with installation? Thanks !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatimaallen
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back