• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Honest Opinion Pls Bros....

Re: Honest Opinion Pls Bros....

this forum is a God send. very grateful for all your input :) seriously! Appreciate the offer for counselling and support :p i'm still nego with them. I need to see some solid evidence as to the history of the car, the receipts for the AC kit. I expect that as a dealer they should provide this to us as a service?? too much to ask? lol

And yes, i'm beginning to think that sending to a non PML workshop will get me the unbiased opinion i need. Any suggestions for a TRUSTED source i can call tomorrow?

gaz;449622 said:
The only record PML had for the car is one servicing done last year June with recorded mileage of about $20 000. The car's original licence plate is SJsomething54. The previous ownerretained that plate, thats why u cant get any record from PML if you quote them the current icence plate.

The car is powerful indeed, as I've test drove it. They must have probably cleaned those weird engine stains that were all over the engine bay. Anyway, I notice i slight crack on the front AC lip somewhere in the middle, probably due to humps as the car is nicely lowered. That should confirm if we're all talking about the same car. Hope my info help.

info definitely help. its the definite same car. what boggles my mind is the dealer not having this info and i have to conduct CSI work??? uite frustrating in a way. i didnt notice the CRACK on the ac lip...i just saw the scrapes....they said they can touch up for me....need to find out if the crack can be fixed too.

due diligence is hard! no wonder ppl that can afford it just buy new!:dramamam:

wt_know;449626 said:
in addition to license plate no, do pml record the engine chasis no during servicing ?

sorry for my ignorance, but is this point about the engine chassis no. something i need to verify.

If its a chip-up - means the warrenty gone?? (is this point related to the engine chassis no. i need to verify)?

I think all latest models have the info embedded into the car card-key. The SA will get hold of your key and insert it to an interface at the PC terminal. I believe, the engine chassis is one of the items that the card - key holds inclusive of your mileage.

doby218;449801 said:
sorry for my ignorance, but is this point about the engine chassis no. something i need to verify.

If its a chip-up - means the warrenty gone?? (is this point related to the engine chassis no. i need to verify)?

Bro,

PML should have the car's servicing record and other details (engine & chassis no.) about the car once they insert the car key into their reader, its just whether they want to reveal to you.
Confirmed.
They should have all the records like 1st registered owner, can even track when i last changes the mirco filer and how long more my brake pad can last etc etc ...

Out of curosity, there is a small window at the frontage of the car, I think for ours is a small window slot near to the passenger side. Anyone standing outside the car can see the FIN of the car.

But, my FLE90, I don't seem to see it clearly.. must shine a torch light towards it? Or UV light? I though most conti have this to deter theft... police can easily view the FIN of the car? Any views?

Jason8822;449807 said:
Bro,

PML should have the car's servicing record and other details (engine & chassis no.) about the car once they insert the car key into their reader, its just whether they want to reveal to you.
Confirmed.
They should have all the records like 1st registered owner, can even track when i last changes the mirco filer and how long more my brake pad can last etc etc ...

Ah Lian;449812 said:
Out of curosity, there is a small window at the frontage of the car, I think for ours is a small window slot near to the passenger side. Anyone standing outside the car can see the FIN of the car.

But, my FLE90, I don't seem to see it clearly.. must shine a torch light towards it? Or UV light? I though most conti have this to deter theft... police can easily view the FIN of the car? Any views?

If i remember correctly, i think the numbers for E60 are hidden below a plastic strip around the driver seat.... Errrr, did not notice the small window on my E60 thou.
My previous Lexus RX300 did have it on the passenger side of the front windscreen like you mentioned

I know most conti cars have this so that law enforcement can easily check any vehicle that is stolen even if the owner changes car plates. This is Euro standard. Your E60 must also have a window somewhere that can be viewed thru the front window.

How often, or how easy for a thief to change engine ... vs how easy for them to change a car plate... so this is meant to be a deterent in Europe.
Jason8822;449817 said:
If i remember correctly, i think the numbers for E60 are hidden below a plastic strip around the driver seat.... Errrr, did not notice the small window on my E60 thou.
My previous Lexus RX300 did have it on the passenger side of the front windscreen like you mentioned

C3P0;449651 said:
It was sold from maybe 1 dealer to another dealer. Not very sure, but just me and some of the bro's speculation.
(btw, do I look better than you thought in person? :D :D )

of course, better leh... but cannot say too loud.
wait all the young mei mei on the forum want to come say *hello*
ask for taxi ride from this robot.

:D :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taigametdtc
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back