• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Honest Opinion Pls Bros....

Re: Honest Opinion Pls Bros....

price looks pretty attractive. Considering PML selling $170k plus for brand new. this car is only 2 and a half yrs old ith depreciation of about 17k a yr. car is topped with body kit and 19" rims.

I would say that fuel consuption for 525 is better than 523i considering they both lundge about the same body weight with the 525i packing more horses, thus require less throttle to push this beast.

gaz;444493 said:
What do you guys think of this ride? Anyone has any clue who the owner is? What do u think of the asking price? Can anyone comment on the fuel consumption between the 523i and the 525i?

Used BMW 525i Car for Sale from Singapore, - sgCarMart

pls make sure u see the name Robert Tan on the log card, as I seems to always see this name on many BMW models previously.
if prvt owner, yr chances of nego is still avail...
it seems this car has all the mod, EXCEPT VELOCITY, bcos if velocitied, eh wont seel his ride:nutkick:
when u owned a 523 or 525, FC is the last thing u will eant to talk abt (its abt 7.5~8km/l, if u insist to know, n both model will be same, as they r both V6)....its meaningless bcos u must drive the vroom vroom sound...and the velocity speed when light goes green...
just stay within speed limit though:whattheh:

Price is reasonable.

Mileage is reasonable too (1000km a month).

Mod: very swee!

Warranty: Good, still got half a year to whack it and replace faulty parts with PML.

Mai tu liao bro, go for it. I think it is a good buy. But of course, can send to any of the workshop first for checking. Better to have a peace of mind.

Thanks. Robert Tan claims that car belongs to elder brother who's overseas. That's the only thing i didn't like, feeling that they are not honest about being dealers. I'm ok if they are dealers as long as the car is in ggod condition and no accident history.

Everything was perfect until i popped the bonnet. the engine was very dirty and looked like it's been stained with murky water. It's stained almost all over the engine area. Which is pretty strange. Mr. Robert seems to be unable to explain, except that his elder brother supposedly only uses the car to go to KL to play Golf......hmmmmm.

I checked with PML and the last servicing record was last yr June at $20 000 mileage.
Mr Robert claims that he's not a dealer and only help to do up loans. However when he met me he seems to have all the forms ready for me to sign. I had wished they can be just more straight forward so that I dont waste time trying out some CSI work. In any case if the price is not right, I still wont buy the car. Any comments?

Manage to find out from Mr Robert if there are any accidents before? Look out for surface imperfections on the paint work to ascertain if the car has been resprayed on certain sections before due to accidents

gaz;444510 said:
Thanks. Robert Tan claims that car belongs to elder brother who's overseas. That's the only thing i didn't like, feeling that they are not honest about being dealers. I'm ok if they are dealers as long as the car is in ggod condition and no accident history.

Everything was perfect until i popped the bonnet. the engine was very dirty and looked like it's been stained with murky water. It's stained almost all over the engine area. Which is pretty strange. Mr. Robert seems to be unable to explain, except that his elder brother supposedly only uses the car to go to KL to play Golf......hmmmmm.

I checked with PML and the last servicing record was last yr June at $20 000 mileage.
Mr Robert claims that he's not a dealer and only help to do up loans. However when he met me he seems to have all the forms ready for me to sign. I had wished they can be just more straight forward so that I dont waste time trying out some CSI work. In any case if the price is not right, I still wont buy the car. Any comments?

If you don't have a good feeling for it, then give it a miss.

Trust your feelings....Luke....Sorry I mean gaz.

if u want , try my way :yummie:

fix the price u intend to pay - $110k (if thats yr target)
tell him u need to send in to PML to do a full body check to cfm muddish stuff r not engine overheat or coolant leak issue. If car was drove thru forest n mud, that could tell part of story.

try driving his car, make sure u whack hard to 4~5k rpm to
1. chk its engine responsiveness from static position
2. drive along quiet rd, slow to 30kph, push to sports (DS mode) then jam it to 5k rpm
car shld respond like wild animal, which shld drop to gear 3, then push to - gear2
3. drive at 50kph, brake lightly to chk brake sound...if there's rubbing, then u know why car need to reduce that much price.

deal is u pay $1k as downpaym
if car cfm ok by PML, u will arrange loan yrself, no need Robert's assistance.
if PML reports not acceptable like engine leak or overheat issue, u have right to back out n take back down paym.

otherwise, what u see ard engine block area are normal "stains" of 2.5yrs pure driving pleasure by his brother lor...:laughlik:
its the ultimate driving machine u know.

JLMC;444524 said:
if u want , try my way :yummie:

fix the price u intend to pay - $110k (if thats yr target)
tell him u need to send in to PML to do a full body check to cfm muddish stuff r not engine overheat or coolant leak issue. If car was drove thru forest n mud, that could tell part of story.

try driving his car, make sure u whack hard to 4~5k rpm to
1. chk its engine responsiveness from static position
2. drive along quiet rd, slow to 30kph, push to sports (DS mode) then jam it to 5k rpm
car shld respond like wild animal, which shld drop to gear 3, then push to - gear2
3. drive at 50kph, brake lightly to chk brake sound...if there's rubbing, then u know why car need to reduce that much price.

deal is u pay $1k as downpaym
if car cfm ok by PML, u will arrange loan yrself, no need Robert's assistance.
if PML reports not acceptable like engine leak or overheat issue, u have right to back out n take back down paym.

otherwise, what u see ard engine block area are normal "stains" of 2.5yrs pure driving pleasure by his brother lor...:laughlik:
its the ultimate driving machine u know.
who will fork out the cost for PML 72 point inspection check?

Slater;444527 said:
who will fork out the cost for PML 15 point inspection check?

now pml having the free safety check for bmws registered over 2 years mah. hehehe

popiah123;444542 said:
now pml having the free safety check for bmws registered over 2 years mah. hehehe
useless wan la that check. open and close bonnet to check if got any cockroach or not. All in all 10 mins only.

Don't know how accurate but a newbie in the Introductions forum, said that he just purchased a 2006 525i from PPSL for around 100K. U can read his intro as it should still be on the first page of the Introductions forum.

That would be a good price guide for the car as PPSL only selects the best cars with low mileage from trade-ins and gives extended warranty.

Ya that fella is me! Bought an april 2006 525i at $97500. Transfer fees $2500. Total $100k. OMV $58k+. COE $13k+. Actually I have been searching and testing for a few months. Decided to buy from Premium selections because. 1) They select only PML bought n fully serviced cars. 2) 1 yr warranty. 3) 72 point check, repair/rectify any problems before resale.

Have tested 320, 520, 523 and 525. Pls buy 525!
320 => 4 cylinder + too many otr so I dun consider.
520 => 4 cylinder + super heavy car. No power to overtake confidently.
523 => Power comes only after >3.5k RPM. No factory GPS as standard which according to SE cost abt $10k. OMV only abt $51k.
Therefore 525 is the best buy because 1) Smooth power. 2) Factory GPS. 3) Higher OMV. Just the GPS and higher OMV already justify the roughly $15k price difference between 523 and 525.

Won't consider brand new because 1) Lose until cry. 2) Lose until cry. 3) Lose until cry.
If I am not wrong, my car's previous owner bought ard $190k. So he lose abt $100k in 3 yrs.

Cheers! Hope I don't offend anyone. Just my own experience. Sorry if I did.

pics was taken in a hotel area near zouk along zion rd .there a car dealer shop there call cybre car i think

can consider the vicom check also... better than nothing... cost around $120?

will check paint work, bolts and nuts for accidents etc...

cheers

benzai;444566 said:
Ya that fella is me! Bought an april 2006 525i at $97500. Transfer fees $2500. Total $100k. OMV $58k+. COE $13k+. Actually I have been searching and testing for a few months. Decided to buy from Premium selections because. 1) They select only PML bought n fully serviced cars. 2) 1 yr warranty. 3) 72 point check, repair/rectify any problems before resale.

523 => Power comes only after >3.5k RPM. No factory GPS as standard which according to SE cost abt $10k. OMV only abt $51k.
Therefore 525 is the best buy because 1) Smooth power. 2) Factory GPS. 3) Higher OMV. Just the GPS and higher OMV already justify the roughly $15k price difference between 523 and 525.

Won't consider brand new because 1) Lose until cry. 2) Lose until cry. 3) Lose until cry.
If I am not wrong, my car's previous owner bought ard $190k. So he lose abt $100k in 3 yrs.

I think that is a good buy at that price. (Even if throw in a bit of wear-and-tear it is worth it, because like what you said, the ex-owner already lugi $90k liao.) I have been monitoring PPSL prices for a while and I realised that nowadays, their deals turn out better than those on sgcarmart! Unbelievable, because they used to be the more expensive one.

endless;444599 said:
pics was taken in a hotel area near zouk along zion rd .there a car dealer shop there call cybre car i think
yup yup, I pass by there everyday. glass hotel, holiday inn. Or crown plaza, whatever, can't remember the name. Important thing is that there is a good ...errr.....good place upstairs for relaxing. :drool: :drool:

Slater;444544 said:
useless wan la that check. open and close bonnet to check if got any cockroach or not. All in all 10 mins only.

Agreed. +1000. They can tell things like major accidents maybe, but for major faulty parts requiring replacements, if they can detect from free safety check, I chop! :laughlik:

gaz;444493 said:
What do you guys think of this ride? Anyone has any clue who the owner is? What do u think of the asking price? Can anyone comment on the fuel consumption between the 523i and the 525i?

Used BMW 525i Car for Sale from Singapore, - sgCarMart

I just want to say I disagree with some of the bros here who say this is an attractive price. I think it's price is too high. Dont forget u need to still pay transfer fee. Thats a few thousand bucks. Is the road tax expiring in June? Thats another thousand. Are the tyres 2+ years old? thats another couple of thousand..

my 2 cents. Hope u get ur dream car.

benzai;444566 said:

Was the mileage low when you got the car? Did u factor in the price for the soon to be 'botak' tyres? And things usually start to happen at around 3-5 years....so u might like to factor that in as well.

Nothing beats the feel and smell of a new beemer!:thumbsup:

Luboil;444892 said:
Was the mileage low when you got the car? Did u factor in the price for the soon to be 'botak' tyres? And things usually start to happen at around 3-5 years....so u might like to factor that in as well.

Nothing beats the feel and smell of a new beemer!:thumbsup:

Once the new car smell wears off (~2 weeks later)

Nothing beats the kick in the ass you get.
When you try to sell the car 2-3 years later... :)

Sorry to rain on the new car parade.
Just being a realist.

I've seen it happen.
I've felt it happen.
JDM or Euro, same same.

0.02c

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member