How is GoodYear Run Flat Tyre on F10?

TUV2008

I was given an offer for GoodYear excellence run flat tyre (245/45R18) for my F10 over Conti.... I am more inclined to Conti but this GoodYear price is atrractive enough for me to swtich.

Anyone got experience with GoodYear???

How is GoodYear Run Flat Tyre on F10?

Not any model in particular, just same Runflat tyre

You mean your 420 comes with Goodyear?

Re: How is GoodYear Run Flat Tyre on F10?

I'm using Goodyear Excellence RFTs.

Firm ride and wear rate is also a bit on the high side.

Can share from where and what price you got the RFT Goodyears for? PM if not convienent. Thanks.
TUV2008;1113908 said:
I was given an offer for GoodYear excellence run flat tyre (245/45R18) for my F10 over Conti.... I am more inclined to Conti but this GoodYear price is atrractive enough for me to swtich.

Anyone got experience with GoodYear???

I paid around $500 each, rear cost slightly more.

I'm running on 19s staggered.

The price for Goodyear is $1400. From a big tyre shop at Kaki Bukit area.

But I was given a counter offer for Conti from another workshop at slight premium. So I go for Conti. Very happy with the performance.

In my opinion, RFT are terrible. They are hard, noisy and uncomfortable. I changed to normal tyres and the entire cabin is so much quieter with ride more comfortable. While I would like to have a spare tyre, in close to 30 years driving experience, I only had to change a punctured tyre once. Frankly would rather call tow truck instead. If driving in M'sia, just keep the AA number handy. In terms of performance, I don't think any race driver will use RFT so if you have mod your ride for performance, one should considered ditching the RFT to complete the experience. No offence to those folks who prefer a RFT.

Having said that, I prefer a quiet and comfortable ride. I do think that BMW is saving a ton of money by not providing a spare wheel/tyre....a little cheapskate considering the price of the car. Even MB provides a spare wheel/tyre.

btan;1117828 said:
In my opinion, RFT are terrible. They are hard, noisy and uncomfortable. I changed to normal tyres and the entire cabin is so much quieter with ride more comfortable. While I would like to have a spare tyre, in close to 30 years driving experience, I only had to change a punctured tyre once. Frankly would rather call tow truck instead. If driving in M'sia, just keep the AA number handy. In terms of performance, I don't think any race driver will use RFT so if you have mod your ride for performance, one should considered ditching the RFT to complete the experience. No offence to those folks who prefer a RFT.

Having said that, I prefer a quiet and comfortable ride. I do think that BMW is saving a ton of money by not providing a spare wheel/tyre....a little cheapskate considering the price of the car. Even MB provides a spare wheel/tyre.

well said btan
thanks for sharing your personal view base on your personal experience
But some was not as lucky as you , because some are so unlucky that got puncture very often due to work /Luck
1 cant imaging when you got a flat tyre along expressway and recuse will only be there say 60mins and you have to wait under the hot sun or rain and hear the car passing by you at speed of 90km/h(some is faster)
(may be your family or friend or Guest)is with you.
If I have choice I will stick to runflat

Folks, dont have runflat tyres and i dont carry a spare. I use this emergency tyre repair spray can thingy. if there is a flat tyre, just discharge the entire can into the tyre - helps to temporarily seal the leak and inflate the tyre at the same time - gives you a chance to drive to a repair shop. this means you dont have to use runflat tyres. I always carry 2 cans in the car just in case i get more than one flat.....

FatBoy1223;1126705 said:
Folks, dont have runflat tyres and i dont carry a spare. I use this emergency tyre repair spray can thingy. if there is a flat tyre, just discharge the entire can into the tyre - helps to temporarily seal the leak and inflate the tyre at the same time - gives you a chance to drive to a repair shop. this means you dont have to use runflat tyres. I always carry 2 cans in the car just in case i get more than one flat.....
I didn't know there is such a repair spray can. Does it render the tyre unrepairable after using the can? What brand is it?

I thot of changing to non RFTs last time but din last minute. After that i killed one cos i drove into a deep pothole and ruptured the sideway. Later i punctured another by running over a bolt on the way home from work. Thank goodness both times i had RFTs.

I got mine from Autobacs. Several brands available.
Tyre is still repairable after using. Unfortunately, i get flats 2-3x every year because of where i work!
I will try to upload a pic later if I get the opportunity.

Meek;1126752 said:
I thot of changing to non RFTs last time but din last minute. After that i killed one cos i drove into a deep pothole and ruptured the sideway. Later i punctured another by running over a bolt on the way home from work. Thank goodness both times i had RFTs.
sorry to hear your unlucky experience
The Lucky 1223 is enjoying his non runflat
to me is Pros and cons
only worry is while driving along express way with passenger inside imaging you need to drive real slow to get out of Express way
Driver wont worry because he had to protect his decision switching to Nor runflat
but others inside the car will probably ask him / her why no runflat tyre ?
Just MHO to share

Hi I am already on my second set of Non RFT tyres on my F10. First set was Michelin PSS, now i switched again. But i never go back to RFT as they are hard and noisy and bumpy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuwinbet
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back