How Many E60 left active?

Re: How Many E60 left active?

there r small meets here n there every now n then. but as i also junior, i dun usually go coz i dun wanna learn too much from them..... wat exactly u wanna learn? mahjong? massage? art of lim kopi?

skinx;945884 said:
lol... all also can.. LOL

welcome to the club, i think u'll master all these very fast, like they say, it takes only 1 day to learn bad.....

Wow, not been back to this forum for a long time already. See that the E60s are still alive and kicking.

Still have an E60 but usually driving my Mini now! Hopefully, there will be an E60 meet up soon!!

Hi, I'm considering changing to a E60 5 series, 2008-2010 vintage.

I've heard of the legendary "reliability" of BMW, and is quite wary of repair costs. Nonetheless, still would like to own one just like any car loving chap.

Can anyone offer some advice as to which model to get, i.e. 520i, 523i or 525i, assuming I'm not a speed demon and am more looking for comfort and cool tech.

Also, I heard E60 all use run flat tyres. Is that true?

yeoster said:
I've heard of the legendary "reliability" of BMW, and is quite wary of repair costs. Nonetheless, still would like to own one just like any car loving chap.

I am still trying very hard to understand this part.....

Hi all, thanks for your prompt responses.

I can assure you I'm no badge whore. Well, not 100% at least. :)

I appreciate the comfort, solid feel of a conti car. I'm relating from my experience of having 5 previous Japs and currently driving a Volvo S60. I do not profess to be a connoisseur of cars, but I can differentiate why some cars cost more than others.

I'm actually not a BMW fan, though I do like some models. My current ride is coming to its EOL soon, so I'm looking out for some good value conti car to replace it. Heck, I was not even thinking of BMW at first. I was more looking toward Volvo S80 or the Audi A4/A6 as I thought they are more affordable. But I realised, for the same depreciation, I could actually afford a BMW 520i.

I don't die die must have BMW, but Merc C class is too small for me and E class a bit like Taxi.

gohjialong, do you have a spare tyre in the boot? What's your E60? Is it a 520i or...? Can share your repair experience? :)

yeoster said:
Hi all, thanks for your prompt responses.

I can assure you I'm no badge whore. Well, not 100% at least. :)

I appreciate the comfort, solid feel of a conti car. I'm relating from my experience of having 5 previous Japs and currently driving a Volvo S60. I do not profess to be a connoisseur of cars, but I can differentiate why some cars cost more than others.

I'm actually not a BMW fan, though I do like some models. My current ride is coming to its EOL soon, so I'm looking out for some good value conti car to replace it. Heck, I was not even thinking of BMW at first. I was more looking toward Volvo S80 or the Audi A4/A6 as I thought they are more affordable. But I realised, for the same depreciation, I could actually afford a BMW 520i.

I don't die die must have BMW, but Merc C class is too small for me and E class a bit like Taxi.

gohjialong, do you have a spare tyre in the boot? What's your E60? Is it a 520i or...? Can share your repair experience? :)

Care to share what do you hear about the "legendary "reliability" of BMW" and the "repair costs"?

if BMW creates an MPV and yet be able to retain its famed sheer driving pleasure traits...confirm will sell out like hotcakes...

dunno why they go create those humpbrokebackwhale looking GT variants

kenntona;985810 said:
Care to share what do you hear about the "legendary "reliability" of BMW" and the "repair costs"?

Well, for starters, the hi tech car has lots of techno gadgetry that breaks down often. And then comes the big ticket items like engine or transmission breaking down. Finally, I heard a battery for a Beemer costs $600!:huhhuh:

yeoster;985795 said:
Hi, I'm considering changing to a E60 5 series, 2008-2010 vintage.

Can anyone offer some advice as to which model to get, i.e. 520i, 523i or 525i, assuming I'm not a speed demon and am more looking for comfort and cool tech.

Also, I heard E60 all use run flat tyres. Is that true?

Hi Yeoster, since you're looking at E60, should use the opportunity to own a 6 cylinder.
Though you're not speed demon, driving a BMW will definitely make you one! :woottt:

I drive a E60 523i since 2008 on run flats, on 2nd set now. Reason being that I take it on
frequent long road trips up north. If you're using the car just for city driving, run flats don't give a soft ride like you're used to.

Buy a BMW for the Sheer Driving Experience, not primarily for comfort, 'cos other Conti cars can give u the same. Cheers!

yeoster said:
Well, for starters, the hi tech car has lots of techno gadgetry that breaks down often. And then comes the big ticket items like engine or transmission breaking down. Finally, I heard a battery for a Beemer costs $600!:huhhuh:

And yet you still wanna own one?

BBee said:
Buy a BMW for the Sheer Driving Experience, not primarily for comfort, 'cos other Conti cars can give u the same. Cheers!

+1

when I got my first BMW years ago, I didn't even test drive it. I saw it, fell in love with it, took out my cheque book and bought it.

I am a true blue badge whore...simi handling, simi comfort? I just wanted to be seen in one!

kenntona;985834 said:

Which is why I'm asking for some advice here, bro.... Trying to verify rumours and hearsay with experience of real users of the product.

yeoster;985840 said:
kenntona;985834 said:

Which is why I'm asking for some advice here, bro.... Trying to verify rumours and hearsay with experience of real users of the product.

You are like asking a group of guys drinking at a pub with the question "alcoholic beverage nice ah"

Come BMW-SG forum ask BMW good or not .... the answer will definitely be GOOD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onbetservices
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back