How to check ATF oil level?

Can anyone advise on how to check ATF oil level on my 2006 E90 320i? And also in the engine bay, there is a tank which stated ATF oil only on the cover so is it for power steering? Thanks.

Re: How to check ATF oil level?

The tank in the engine bay is the power steering reservoir.

To check the atf oil level - start the engine, jack your ride up, locate the transmission and open the fill plug. You can see the atf flow which can will give you an indication of the level.

Red_Bean_Bun;1110463 said:
The tank in the engine bay is the power steering reservoir.

To check the atf oil level - start the engine, jack your ride up, locate the transmission and open the fill plug. You can see the atf flow which can will give you an indication of the level.

Lol... won't the oil flow out?

No need la. A much simpler way is to open the power steering reservoir cap, lift it up and check the level is within the min-max marker on the central stem or not can already.

Ahbengdriver;1110528 said:
No need la. A much simpler way is to open the power steering reservoir cap, lift it up and check the level is within the min-max marker on the central stem or not can already.

I think TS talking about gearbox oil .......

Alex Cheng;1110731 said:
Bro, don't get what u mean?

Was not sure if you were serious when you asked the question. Gearbox oil is in the gearbox and power steering fluid is in the reservoir in the engine compartment. Can't fathom how you can ask if they are linked, thus my question.

pengful;1110828 said:
Was not sure if you were serious when you asked the question. Gearbox oil is in the gearbox and power steering fluid is in the reservoir in the engine compartment. Can't fathom how you can ask if they are linked, thus my question.

In my thread, I think someone did mention about it, right? So I just want to confirm on that and BMW is very new to me.

Disc;1112676 said:
Does someone has a picture where the plug can be found?

You need a hoist before you can get to the fill or drain plugs ....

Or you could try getting a rhino ramp ....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k93453632

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back