How to get more power

Racebred said:
anything more than 300bhp fault light will come on and your tranny will slip. you should be having the ZF 5HP19 transmission. Those having the GM transmission should be able to take up to 350Nm. better stick to 6.5psi. if not transmission confirm pit.

me not sure which one me have....its the e60 6-speed ZF for sure...current spec is 300nm....

e60? oh excellent. then you should source for a 545i torque converter. problem solved. lucky dude.

pardon..how much is a 545 torque convertor? appx...thx
so b4 i sc the bugger i teplace the TC?

i dont know how much is the 545 TC coz it's a rare model so not many 2nd hand ones in the market. new one will cost several thousand.

wl3gan,

we heard you the first time. :roll:

Re: How to get more power

Shaun said:
I strongly disagree with these statements. I think they are a bit too sweeping.

Please see http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2466&start=45 for reasons.

If the car was a poser STI and really only a WRX, then he was seriously outgeared (gears too short). Those things get really bad past the 170km/h range.

I dont think so... it also depends on the model of the WRX. Some MY99 WRX's can hold it strong until close to 190 - 200km/h then they max out.

Pre MY00 WRX's come with different gearboxes as the MY02(Bugeye) onwards. Albeit the gearing on the Bugeye and onwards are taller, my old MY99 took me to 198km/h and then it maxed out(RSM reading).

Orh I see :D

Though... when I said "really bad" I didn't mean maxing out.. it was a qualitative (subjective) assessment of rate of acceleration in that speed range.

yendor said:
Friends...

Standalone ECUs do not work very well with auto transmissions as the gear changes will be done under full power. Transmissions these days have computers ( EGS in BMs ) that talks to the engine ECU to signal them to retard ignition or cut fuel when the transmission is about to change gears. The communication between the EGS and ECU is not merely a voltage signal level between them but rather a complex digital data stream. It is for this reason that piggy back systems flourish and are so adaptable.

A little late but just happened to stumble on this thread.

Standalone ECUs do not work very well with auto transmissions insomuch as the specifications and communications protocol of the automatic gearbox are not known as explained above, or more typically the torque converter/gearbox itself is not meant to handle the additional power.

This is a distinction that needs to be made as there are drag vehicles easily making in excess of 1000 bhp and they are using both standalone ECU and automatic gearbox (obviously, non-standard!).

There are ECUs out there that can be made to fully adapt to a production automatic gearbox but usually such an endeavor costs silly money and isn't worth the investment.

Kinogy magnet and z-stab work very well for me. The horse power is very good now even with 92 petrol

wl3gan said:
Kinogy magnet and z-stab work very well for me. The horse power is very good now even with 92 petrol

Idea!! Show the dyno chart lor! Let everyone see for themselves!! Cannot be don't have or never do right? Sounds like a very powerful product!!

Nuke said:
Idea!! Show the dyno chart lor! Let everyone see for themselves!! Cannot be don't have or never do right? Sounds like a very powerful product!!

I am only the end user, not really bother the dyno test chart ( I rather spend the dyno test lab charges to upgrade other after market product). As long as I feel better Horse Power and better FC, then it is good for me already.

wl3gan said:
I am only the end user, not really bother the dyno test chart ( I rather spend the dyno test lab charges to upgrade other after market product). As long as I feel better Horse Power and better FC, then it is good for me already.

So wat's the improvement? FC?

Mav said:
So wat's the improvement? FC?
Not much for FC, maybe 5%, but Horse power a lot so I save money indirectly by lower down the petrol grade from 98/Vpower to 92

wl3gan said:
Not much for FC, maybe 5%, but Horse power a lot so I save money indirectly by lower down the petrol grade from 98/Vpower to 92

Forgot to mention, other benefit is quiter and smoother engine, colder aircod.

wl3gan said:

Oh, so u mean your claims are purely based on your butt feel? My backside heavy type..want to try but scared no effect lei...*sigh*..Why not ask one of your many customers? Maybe they have dynoed(is there a plural to this word?) already and u can just put up the chart. Won't it just be great for business? You'll prob have them flying off the shelves man!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fun88141
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back