i was at pml

Re: i was at pml

Jeff17 said:
I am goign through one of the worst experience with PML trying to fix a problem with my BMW. This has been going on for months.

Anyone has similar experience?

Do a search here. There must be hundreds of posts in those threads.

x1, have had problems with a strange sound coming from the car for months,
the best part is everytime the car is sent in to Alexandra Branch, they claim they do not detect anything significant.
Yet each time I take the car back the sound is there.
All my audio recordings, witness accounts no use.
Am Shocked at this type of customer service from a 'marquee' brand.

The car is with them again now, the last time it was there for one month, and their story keep changing, lets see how long it lasts this time, maybe this time they say Im dreaming the whole thing.

Post the sound clip .....

Jeff17;1005850 said:
the best part is everytime the car is sent in to Alexandra Branch, they claim they do not detect anything significant.

The car is with them again now, the last time it was there for one month, and their story keep changing, lets see how long it lasts this time, maybe this time they say Im dreaming the whole thing.

Jeff17 said:

Non-M BMWs are all over, dimes a dozen, simi "marquee" brand?

Jeff17;1005850 said:

1st of all, BMW => NOT Rolls Royce.

2nd of all, X1 => is the 1 series within the X family.

3rd of all, even though u got recording & whatever, if the sound can't be reproduced on the spot, how do u expect Technician to find it?

Last of all, BMW always comes with all these little sound (FOC). If u can't live with it (which i did for 3+ yrs), it is better than u change to Lexus.

Last edited by a moderator:

"Little sounds"? - imagine u r driving by roadworks n there is drilling goin on, only difference is that the drilling sound u hear is not a passing sound but stays w u thruout. It is so loud that I get stares from pple at bus stop n traffic junctions when I'm driving...

Anyways I finally got PmL to test drive the car w me and the sound was detected throughout the half hr drive...they cant figure out the source..the car is with them, lets hope they can resolve it this time...I wonder whether it will be another month before I c my car again

Jeff17;1006289 said:
"Little sounds"? - imagine u r driving by roadworks n there is drilling goin on, only difference is that the drilling sound u hear is not a passing sound but stays w u thruout. It is so loud that I get stares from pple at bus stop n traffic junctions when I'm driving...

Anyways I finally got PmL to test drive the car w me and the sound was detected throughout the half hr drive...they cant figure out the source..the car is with them, lets hope they can resolve it this time...I wonder whether it will be another month before I c my car again

My E60 was in and out of PML for noisy aircon. Unfortunately, every time it was in PML, the noise went away. Finally I agreed to leave it with them until it is solved. I was lucky to have a replacement car while they worked on it. After about a week, they found the source of the noise - fan blower with bad motor bearings. All in all, this issue took almost 2 months to resolve. Kudos to PML for their patience and for believing my compliant.

Jeff17;1006289 said:

1st of all, does it sounds like the ticking sound from diesel? If yes, see the answer below.

Does it get louder as speed picks up?

Honestly, if u r anal about sound, it is best to stay away from BMW. BMW is only for ppl who luv its badge.

Meek;1006290 said:
I am guessing its the tiak tiak sound.

Meek;1006290 said:
I am guessing its the tiak tiak sound.

eh dont anyhow say tiak tiak hor...diesel driver may be sensitive. Anyway my tiak tiak sound has surprisingly not got any stares... i thought it would but never.

davidtch;1006492 said:
1st of all, does it sounds like the ticking sound from diesel? If yes, see the answer below.

Does it get louder as speed picks up?

Honestly, if u r anal about sound, it is best to stay away from BMW. BMW is only for ppl who luv its badge.
Imo bmw more fun to zhng than merc... merc more conservative... correct me if im wrong... me noobie

rattyunicorn;1006498 said:
Imo bmw more fun to zhng than merc... merc more conservative...

I get to drive both, and generally agree that my Bimmer is the fun car :inlove: while the Masili is a nice refined ride :cool:

Ive been reading through this whole thread and one qn pop up in my head... since pml service standard so tokkong, why dont buy from P.I??

rattyunicorn;1006511 said:
Ive been reading through this whole thread and one qn pop up in my head... since pml service standard so tokkong, why dont buy from P.I??
W
A
R
R
A
N
T
Y
10 char

rattyunicorn said:

This question has been asked and answered since the day I bought my PI 335 in 2007 ......

davidtch;1006609 said:
W
A
R
R
A
N
T
Y
10 char

No have 1-for-1 = not good a warranty... heeeheeeeeeeheeeeeeeee

kenntona;1006613 said:
This question has been asked and answered since the day I bought my PI 335 in 2007 ......

335 so much to zhng... cannot buy pml luh... later wallet kaput...

The car you are buying is a BMW - an ULTIMATE driving machine.

Why so scared of warranty issues?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zbetbioofficial
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back