Ignition on but could not start

chrislzh

Hi all. Seek your advises. This morning i could not start my car. Key inserted. Car odometers all working well but couldn't fire up the engine.

Error prompted "ignition on".

Re: Ignition on but could not start

Suggest you try to jump-start first before changing the battery. It may be the starter motor, if the jump-start fails to turn the engine.

Not sure what you mean by the "crunk" sound.

If the battery is nearing the end of its life, you will suspect it from how it behaves in the past few weeks. It will be turning the engine more slowly than usual when starting - feels like there is not enough battery power to turn it, takes a bit longer than usual. These are some of the signs that the battery is getting weak.

If all of a sudden you cannot start, from the usual robust starts, then it may be the starter motor.

Another simple way to check. On ignition. High beam. Press horn and see if the lights dims. If totally no cranking may not be battery issue.

Sounds like it's the starter motor that has failed and not the battery.

If you call for recovery, they will try to jump-start first to confirm if it's the battery.

What's a kick-start? This is not a BMW motor bike is it?

Ahh yes, you did say it's a car, "i could not start my car."
Hahaha..

So, how? Are you calling the workshop to come and recover your car?

If there were no signs of the battery getting weak, and it happened suddenly just like that, then I suspect it's the starter motor that has failed.

Keep us posted how it turns(pun not intended) out. We can learn from your experience.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ee88poker

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back