Installing Cameras

Re: Installing Cameras

Dear owners,

Upon acquiring your rides, it is time to enhance it with the best quality products that your ride deserves. From car audio to car visual entertainment systems. Not forgetting a wide range of security equipments such as, alarms, immobilisers and in car CCTV systems.

Advance Auto Sound Trading was founded in Singapore in
1997. We are a one-stop shop for everything you need to keep you
entertained in your vehicle. We provide the widest range in car audio, visual & security
inclusive of installation at the best prices. Our product porfolio
contains radio, tv sets, sound reproducing and recording equipment.

Feel free to contact Advance Auto Sound for very competitive pricing, service and quailty.

Blk 33 Sin Ming Drive
#01-363
Singapore ( 575707 )
Tel: (65) 6873 0013
Email: [email protected]

Advance Auto Sound Trading

advance;461692 said:
Dear owners,

Upon acquiring your rides, it is time to enhance it with the best quality products that your ride deserves. From car audio to car visual entertainment systems. Not forgetting a wide range of security equipments such as, alarms, immobilisers and in car CCTV systems.

BMW-SG Auto Sound Trading was founded in Singapore in
2001. We are a one-stop shop for everything you need to keep you
entertained in your vehicle. We provide the widest range in car audio, visual & security
inclusive of installation at the best prices. Our product porfolio
contains radio, tv sets, sound reproducing and recording equipment.

Feel free to contact BMW-SG Auto Sound for very competitive pricing, service and quailty.

BMW-SG Auto Sound Trading

As a business, i think it is even more important for you to know the rules and regulations of this forum.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/forum-guidelines-rules-regulations/

blatant advertising here is disgusting and shows no respect for the community.

rosnovski;461061 said:
Hi bros, anyone installed cameras in your ride? If so, any recommendations as to where to go? Cheers ;)

i saw a good camera but the local distributor is selling it for quite a high price, found it for lower on another site. bookmarks on my laptop. will share here later

Oops! Hope i had not piss off anyone here.. Actually is my good friend doing this business. Just wanted to help though. Cos seems like many bros and sis cant find any shops to install CCTV systems on their rides. I definitely not earning any $$$$ ! CHEERS!

advance;461700 said:
Oops! Hope i had not piss off anyone here.. Actually is my good friend doing this business. Just wanted to help though. Cos seems like many bros and sis cant find any shops to install CCTV systems on their rides. I definitely not earning any $$$$ ! CHEERS!

whatever...edit your post then.

you very supportive huh...nick also your 'friend''s shop name...liar. no integrity.

advance;461700 said:

oh no... the more u explain, the worst it seems to get.

Why don't you do the following :

1) Edit your post or wait for moderators to come and give you warning (which doesn't reflects well on your company so just edit la.. )

2) Make payments and be a sponsor that keeps this forum alive

tjy;461718 said:
oh no... the more u explain, the worst it seems to get.

Why don't you do the following :

1) Edit your post or wait for moderators to come and give you warning (which doesn't reflects well on your company so just edit la.. )

2) Make payments and be a sponsor that keeps this forum alive

done very diplomatically... i like...shows we have all kinds of ppl here...worthwhile to sponsor...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-B1Zet-LpY[/YOUTUBE]

i think they are overpriced though. can find it cheaper.

edlms;461746 said:
W - i think maybe you should edit your post too... cos you're "helping" him advertise by leaving his company name and link... ha ha...

cheers

ed, mockngbrd did some good moderating lol. i tot i had left over some but the company name is fictionous linking back to forum.

Aiya mai kay kay la. Post already say posting for your friend. Your friend chinese apache dont know how to type engrish? I neber complete PSLE also know some Singrish and now net savy also.

Ok your camera kui lui jit jiak?:)

been travelling since I started the thread. was rather amused looking at the chain of events. anyway, rules must be followed ;)

will be most grateful if other bros can share credible and good suppliers/places to go

thanks all!

back to the topic....

i think the idea for camera in car to record video while driving is great. my fren kena banged by this merc when that guy siamed a lorry and cut into my fren lane. based on damaged area, my fren wont win. but if there was video footage.....

i've been using my HP secured to a mount. but would like a more perm solution.

anyone knows roughly whats the damage?
is it 24H recording into a HDD?

1. 24 Hr recording can be done at many vendors in Singapore. But the good ones will ask you to hook up a parallel rechargeable battery or another battery. As, a 24 hr recording with HDD can sap your car battery dry to the bone.

2. Currently the most effect are:-

2.1 Three axis - system with or without GPS. It suppose to detect collison movement front side back sought of thing...

Here, this type will record continously often at a reasonable 640 by 480 resolution. And this three axis type can adjust it's sensitivity. If a collision is detected; it will save something like 12 seconds before and 12 seconds after.

Costs approximately Singapore $320 without GPS and approximately $370 with GPS. What it does is that it has a software that can show proof of evidence, speed, time etc... with google map tracing of your path...

This system has a auto clear RED button on it. In case it is the owner's (our own ) fault, you can simply erase all the evidence rite on the spot. U don't want to use your system on yourself.

2.2 5volt newer version is 640 by 480 with respectable night lumens capture. This is install thru a cigarette lighter and forget. Once engine on, it will auto record after 12 seconds and when switched off engine, will record for another say 10 seconds or more depending on the brand.
This type costs approximately $150 or cheaper. Capable of adding date and time stamp on all footage.

This type purposely does not look like a handphone so .. will often not attract those thieves who most likely want to smash your window to get at your HP.

AAS sells one but theirs costs $2xx .

Usually mounts at eye level at the front window. I have three of these : 1 pointed to the front and 2 to the back.

So far this one is light on battery and no battery drainage. but not meant for survillance.

All the above are cheap and good for now 1st generation black boxes... worth wile investment.

All prices are based on ebay pricing.. Do a search for "CAR VIDEO RECORDER" and you can find some of these.

2.3 There is another that plugs into the ODBC to monitor family member's driving... speed, etc...

3. For survillance, there are as you had mentioned; 12 volt ones that can add 4 cameras and many come with motion detection - record only when necessarily. But a stationary vehicle.. cannot tahan ... it battery drain. This type also have different models, functions: some auto on, some manual turned on... blah blah blah...

4. There are so many others ... manually record, poorer resolution at 320 by 1..

Remember, never advertise that u have these... as if it is others fault use it. If it is one's fault... forget it.

vd383;473501 said:
back to the topic....

i think the idea for camera in car to record video while driving is great. my fren kena banged by this merc when that guy siamed a lorry and cut into my fren lane. based on damaged area, my fren wont win. but if there was video footage.....

i've been using my HP secured to a mount. but would like a more perm solution.

anyone knows roughly whats the damage?
is it 24H recording into a HDD?

havent seen any elegant design..all seem to be quite big in size..if only there is a product that is smaller like pin-hole size with motion detector will be great..

I am also thinking of getting one, coz many instances, there are near cases of cars side swiping me (which is the most difficult to ascertain fault) especially near turning junctions when they cannot keep to their lanes.

I have a few requirements, dont know if fellow forummers share these, coz if so, can narrow down to a model and group buy it.

1. Clear pics day and (especially) night (should be too difficult to find)

2. Dont run on battery power or cigarette lighter. (I once had a system hooked up to my car battery, and it shorted the battery one day. Cigarette lighter very messy, I dont like wires running all over my centre console. A rechargable battery a la your handphone battery where you bring home to recharge is best)

3. Continuous footage, and not dependent on shocks to record, as slight grazes may not be detected.

4. (Optional). Not sure if these can double up as night time surveillence (motion detector) to prevent vandalism. Perhaps with a big enough memory support, like 16G, no need motion detector, can record overnight.

And then perhaps we can purchase 2 of these, mount them front and back, and since not car-battery connected, can bring on to any car you drive, maybe even use in sepang, use at home to monitor maid etc. The cost involved could even be lower than your own insurance excess. Which is why i think this is a good investment.

i'm for it..more careless and reckless drivers on the road..second, my car door panel was chipped off by a black colour door (i know who did it but no evidence to pursue..came back late fri night, parked beside a resident's black car..next morning 8am drive out to eat breakfast..saw black car gone and the damage on my door..)..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hot789scom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back