ipod adapter for 3 series

Carhartt

the thing is u need to detach the cd-changer if u want to use the adaptor.

Alternatively if u r using the cassette head-unit...u can use the cassatte adaptor either from Belkin or Monster....place it insed the head unit ( Need to do take out head unit to do that ).....than run the wire to the compartment under the head unit......it works fine for me...cassette adaptor from monster only cost $30......save money

Carhartt said:
the thing is u need to detach the cd-changer if u want to use the adaptor.

Alternatively if u r using the cassette head-unit...u can use the cassatte adaptor either from Belkin or Monster....place it insed the head unit ( Need to do take out head unit to do that ).....than run the wire to the compartment under the head unit......it works fine for me...cassette adaptor from monster only cost $30......save money

Thks for reply, I also have the cassette adapter, however with the ipod adapter you should be able to control it via the steering wheel or head unit.
Also with the amt of songs in the ipod,the cd changer cannot match. Cheers

Look at the icelink plus. This one supposedly can display even the song title,etc on the headunit, playlist selection on top to just controlling it.

CyberTron said:
Look at the icelink plus. This one supposedly can display even the song title,etc on the headunit, playlist selection on top to just controlling it.

I've just read this Dension Audio website. Interesting but has anyone installed this locally? Care to share the experience/opinions and costs involved?

Or anione done the "ipod your BMW" method? it's only avail in US??

I'm having deep thoughts of either installing one of these ipod adaptors or simply get a new aftermarket HU that reads MP3 and upgrade the freaking lousy sounding stock system. Heard that the second option would void my warranty though, being a new owner, can anyone advise whether isit a 'total' void or just isolated to the sound system?

The icelink plus adaptor is around $300-400 to shipped it over.

Yet to try it but really tempted with the plus version. The plus version is also firmware upgradeable. :)

;) My 318ia sport ediiton is enhanced with MP3 capability at Do-it-yourself $ 255 with all inclusive.

The items that I purchased are :

Creative slim MuVo 256Mb : $240
Casette adapter : $15

No installation required. The result is perfect...swee...swee. no complaint. :thumbsup:

trogen said:
;) My 318ia sport ediiton is enhanced with MP3 capability at Do-it-yourself $ 255 with all inclusive.

No installation required. The result is perfect...swee...swee. no complaint. :thumbsup:

hmmm... where did u get the cassette adapter huh?? care to share? :)

mengz said:
trogen said:

The casette adapter is usually difficult to find at the big stores like Harvey Norman or Denki. :verysad: You should go to the small electronic shops in Orchard Road. e.g at the Liat Tower - the electrornic shop near to the main door, or you can go to the Orchard Tower. I believe those at lucky plaza also have. :dance:

I had previsously considered ipod, but I just found the whole range of accessories too expensive. :shoot:

trogen said:
mengz said:
trogen said:

The casette adapter is usually difficult to find at the big stores like Harvey Norman or Denki. :verysad: You should go to the small electronic shops in Orchard Road. e.g at the Liat Tower - the electrnoic shop near to the main door, or you can go to the Orchard Tower. I believe those at luck plaza also have. :dance:

I had previsously considered ipod, but I just found the whole range of accessories too expensive. :shoot:

thanks for the info hehee :)
finally can put my zen mirco to good use

Try Sim Lim Sq. There are a lot of shops selling the adapters too..

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: ...

sim lim. bot there last time.

Really?... wow thanks nuke.. i think i go get it today!!!! ahahahahaha.. :twisted:

emiffy said:

If you noticed the plug, it is plugged into the headphone jack of iPod, which in my previous experience with first generation ICELink is that the contact gets loose after awhile. Really annoying imo.

I would much prefer to have it plugged into the line-out from the dock.

In BMW Business Audio, what can you do when a cassette player is playing? Can you skip a track? Never really try it myself.

I've got this reply from PML on the "ipod your BMW" 'accessory':

Hi Mr Derek,
Refer to your mail regarding the iPOD for BMWs, we are please to said that
the testfitting now is carrying out for our cars & information will be disseminate through our parts & accessories department once all the
testing is carry-out successfully.
Once again thanks for your interest in our BMWs products & you may call me
or email me in a weeks or two to find out more about this features.

regards,

Brandon Lee
Performance Motors Ltd
Parts & Accessories Sales
Tel: +65-63190190
Fax:+65-64754712

Will post updates when I get some from PML.... I wonder how much they gonna 'chop' us for this accessory... :thinking:

Derektvy said:

Hi Mr Derek,
the testfitting now is carrying out for our cars & information will be disseminate through our parts & accessories department once all the

regards,

Brandon Lee
Performance Motors Ltd

Will post updates when I get some from PML.... I wonder how much they gonna 'chop' us for this accessory... :thinking:

thanks for the info, i am still waiting to get the iPod connected to our BMW. :dance:
hope it is not going to take forever to test, it been almost 6 month since the release in U.S.

cheers

tbt said:
Derektvy said:

Hi Mr Derek,

regards,

Brandon Lee
Performance Motors Ltd

thanks for the info, i am still waiting to get the iPod connected to our BMW. :dance:
hope it is not going to take forever to test, it been almost 6 month since the release in U.S.

cheers
Ipod is not the only products you can use on your BMW Business Audio. Unless, you have already got an ipod mp3 player, I strongly suggest you consider non-apple products. They are cheaper alternatives.

trogen said:
Ipod is not the only products you can use on your BMW Business Audio. Unless, you have already got an ipod mp3 player, I strongly suggest you consider non-apple products. They are cheaper alternatives.

well if other product can connect to our ride seemlessly i don't mind getting.

this what the website say

iPod Your BMW. Apple & BMW Unveil the First Seamless Integration of iPod and Car Audio System

1st was BMW
http://www.ipodyourbmw.com/
http://www.apple.com/ipod/bmw/

now even MB also connect to iPod too.

http://www.mbusa.com/main/container.jsp?/features/iPod/index.jsp

cheers

hey guys, guess what... pml called me yesterday that they now have the ipod intergration for ya ride... gonna get mine install next week... yyiippppeeeeee...

not sure if this is offical yet, as i have been buggin them for this since day one of my car... they told me i am currently one of the 1st... yyyiipppeeeeee!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xsmbcms
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back