Is F10 very noisy?

Re: Is F10 very noisy?

Confirmed F10 no accident from STA. In great condition as good as new. Now tyres kind of run in after few days and sounds also fade off. Much better now, but i think E60 sound proof still better. Also kind of got use to the new F10 noise levels, much better now. Might be doing dynamat sound proofing with 2 layers plus sealing. Heard quite a few F10 owners done that and was satisfied.

bmw01sg;803096 said:
My F10 is also more noisy than my previous E60.

Any1 did soundproofing? Any major improvemnt after that?

John

Why so noisy? Got tiak taik sound? E60 ROCKS!

Have not driven a F10 before.. E60 so far so good on low noise...

Anyone tried 3M Thinsulate?

Now I remember why I bought F10... I was test driving it last year and was amazed by the quiet engine and sound insulation when compared to my merc w211. About 10 times better in terms of noise and ride comfort... no joke. Still don't understand how it can be termed noisier than jap cars.

st8800;804486 said:
Now I remember why I bought F10... I was test driving it last year and was amazed by the quiet engine and sound insulation when compared to my merc w211. About 10 times better in terms of noise and ride comfort... no joke. Still don't understand how it can be termed noisier than jap cars.

Strawberry ride. Silky smooth.

st8800;804486 said:

The w211 is not exactly a quiet car to begin with...

calvin_lin;804623 said:
The w211 is not exactly a quiet car to begin with...

Still... better than most jap cars already.

depend on what jap model la
friends move from camry & accord to 5-er (e60 and f10) also comment that 5-er is noisy
i think it's also largely due to they raise their expectation because 5-er car price is at least 1.5x more expensive ... who not?

st8800;804631 said:
Still... better than most jap cars already.

Lexus is damn quiet. They call it Deafening Silence. Oxymoron

I am very smart

hi and welcome to the forum.

if you find F10 too noisy.... use ear plugs or sound cancelling headphones.

else,

should have gotten a lexus.

hahaha....j/k...

I have an F10 at home... it is quite nice... but must admit, sound proofing pales in comparison to the Lexus RX 350 I have as well.... the Lexus brings in cabin quietness to a whole new level...

and RX350 is a SUV
if luxury sedan GS or LS the level matches sky habitat? :lol:

jasonmaxima;804875 said:
hi and welcome to the forum.

if you find F10 too noisy.... use ear plugs or sound cancelling headphones.

else,

should have gotten a lexus.

hahaha....j/k...

I have an F10 at home... it is quite nice... but must admit, sound proofing pales in comparison to the Lexus RX 350 I have as well.... the Lexus brings in cabin quietness to a whole new level...

no strawberry engine sounds very faint

sibeh mechanical sounds like going thru the motion nia :D

today I offed my ICE and listened to the sounds emitted into the cabin. Actually insulation is not too bad, My fart was quite resonant and smelly. Irrelevant

Personally I feel that BMW no strawberry sound better don't buy. I even wanna strip off the engine hood insulator to better hear my CAI roar. FTW!

Just my 2 cents..

I was driving the IS250 before and then changed to the F10 528i.

Noise level is almost comparable. I get the same stillness in the F10 that I get in the IS250.

Tried the new GS350 last weekend. But it was rather disappointing in the noise area. The engine roar is very noticeable even at low revs, not to mention when you have to gun it just to overtake others on the road. It was quite a startling ride as you really expect that much lauded "soundproofed" quality from Lexus.

Waiting for the Hybrid to see if it can match up for the silence and acceleration.

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

On a slightly unrelated note, I just tried the new A4, and at the same time went to test the F30 320i. I must say the Audi is so much quieter!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w88osaka

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back