Is it normal to feel a bit vibration when idling for F30?

Re: Is it normal to feel a bit vibration when idling for F30?

Ha! Ha! Ha! Hopefully, I get the better half when I drop in to let them check the problem again next week.

niteblu;1080231 said:
don't always believe what the PML technicians say.
half of them are FOS. oh wait. maybe more than half...

I'm surprised to hear this vibration issue. i've been driving my F30 320i for more than a year and never experience such issue.
it is always smooth and quiet at idle.

scorpiusx;1079584 said:
Regarding the vibration at idle issue. Was it eventually sorted out? I have a new 320i and I am experiencing this issue. It gets worse when the temperature is low or when it is raining. PML claims it is normal for the F30. However, it feels shockingly unrefined to me. Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Precisely! I would think the that F30 320i should be very refined. It would seem that there are quality issues with my car. :-(

IOI;1080457 said:
I'm surprised to hear this vibration issue. i've been driving my F30 320i for more than a year and never experience such issue.
it is always smooth and quiet at idle.

niteblu;1080231 said:
don't always believe what the PML technicians say.
half of them are FOS. oh wait. maybe more than half...
+1. Seriously some of those techs are plain ignorant.

JuzMe;1080480 said:
+1. Seriously some of those techs are plain ignorant.

Most of these techs dun own a bmw.

Meek;1080483 said:
Most of these techs dun own a bmw.

That's an oxymoron ...... Haha !

hi

anybody manage to solve the vibration issue? my bro's f30 316i have this issue and the dealer said its normal. Recently replace one of the coil as I've scan it shows no.2 misfire. Surprise to see the coil made from Delphi which is a cheap brand anyhow I replace the faulty coil and eliminate the misfire. My brother is outstation and when he's back, will ask him to replace all the other coil with bosch brand as the oem one looks cheap and might be the cause of this vibration.

You know that the BMW original coils for the n13 are from Delphi right ?

Me being a layman to engines ... I would just go with original specs ....

IIRC - Delphi has a heat shield while Bosch doesn't though it may not be the reason why BMW is dropping Bosch for the other engines as well .....

Mel279;1133761 said:
hi

anybody manage to solve the vibration issue? my bro's f30 316i have this issue and the dealer said its normal. Recently replace one of the coil as I've scan it shows no.2 misfire. Surprise to see the coil made from Delphi which is a cheap brand anyhow I replace the faulty coil and eliminate the misfire. My brother is outstation and when he's back, will ask him to replace all the other coil with bosch brand as the oem one looks cheap and might be the cause of this vibration.

Red_Bean_Bun;1133775 said:
You know that the BMW original coils for the n13 are from Delphi right ?

Me being a layman to engines ... I would just go with original specs ....

IIRC - Delphi has a heat shield while Bosch doesn't though it may not be the reason why BMW is dropping Bosch for the other engines as well .....

Then why it failed in just a about a year plus? my e46 m3, has never got issue since 2002 using bosch.

My F10 - 520i has vibrations last time and it is solved by walnut blasting.. Only this method able to thoroughly clean a certain part which is super dirty and after that no more vibrations..
I do not know whether 3 series is the same design or thus..

steve9733;n1842835 said:
My F10 - 520i has vibrations last time and it is solved by walnut blasting.. Only this method able to thoroughly clean a certain part which is super dirty and after that no more vibrations..
I do not know whether 3 series is the same design or thus..

Can you share where you did your walnut blasting? Thanks.

The vibration almost gone and turbo lag reduce when I replace the turbo intake elbow pipe with aftermarket aluminium elbow, the stock one has one of the pipe bung parted and when I search around, one of the common issue with F30 stock elbow.

Guys, do u get vibration from the engine when cruising @ 60-80km/h?
The vibration is like u engage a higher gear than u should.. therefore the engine starts to vibrate.
On Eco pro mode? I get that a little when on slight incline. Also, if I only do slight acceleration (light footed) that happens.

hi

Similar issue. Vibrate at idling, engine fault. one ignition coil spoiled. 2 years only.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miso88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back