Is J4C charging too much or MA charging too little!?

Re: Is J4C charging too much or MA charging too little!?

sszone;747522 said:
u become monk ah? hahaha....world peace for all the modders n workshop....hahaha

ehhh....so who's the chio meimei at sherman's place? another lioness :p

I going Shaolin on the 15th................ please dun miss me.... :lol::lol::lol:

tat chio meimei??? Powderful......... Original... Not OEM.....
sherman fast hand fast leg... whatsapp me... to go his shop.... intro to me..... :D:D:D

milk15;747269 said:
Hmmmmm.................. So you are the regular there???
I'm there only for prawn noodles...... :lol2::lol2::lol2:

i used to be regular there...... for the prawn noodles, but when u park ur car along that stretch, u'll definitely be approached by "THEM"......... until no choice, gotta call n ask them to deliver the prawn noodles.....

sszone;747467 said:
hi e90koh,

i would like to highlight one point....thats is the "making use of the sponsorship to charge premium"

to use this line on all site sponsors would be unfair to us....i for one am transparent abt my pricing and as for bros like Rodney and Sherman infratint, i can vouch that they charge very reasonably too....what each site sponsor charge is up to them as its their way of doing business....if the price is right, patronise them....if not right, can always give them a miss.
as for your case, since u already tried j4c and find that u are not satisfied, then move on....give MA a try since they sounds quite positive in your review.

oh ya...that was the back view of Milk in his/her mini at Sherman's......next time ask Sherman intro to u :lol:

Bro, my thread is clearly comparing between J4C and MA. I mentioned Infratint bcos his prices are reasonable. Went to him twice and no need to worry of being overcharged. :)

To conclude.... It isn't that bad to go MA actually. But I hope they won't start charging more after knowing that J4C charged S$120 for labour. Haha.

kenntona;746933 said:
Milk went to Lorong 20 to have fun. After that he walked past Lorong 18, an equally chio PRC asked him want or not. He said he just did it, twice.

She said, AIYA I COULD HAVE CHARGED YOU ONLY $80 instead of the $120 you paid.

All roads leads to milk! Whahahha! Sibeh funny!

E90koh;747541 said:
Bro, my thread is clearly comparing between J4C and MA. I mentioned Infratint bcos his prices are reasonable. Went to him twice and no need to worry of being overcharged. :)

To conclude.... It isn't that bad to go MA actually. But I hope they won't start charging more after knowing that J4C charged S$120 for labour. Haha.

dude, after nearly 70 posts, i still don't get why you are complaining about J4C...

don't get me wrong, but i'm not siding anyone. but the price difference is less than a dollar - $349.37(MA) vs $350.00 (J4C). so it doesn't make much sense if you are upset about this...

or are you sore because J4C did not ask your permission before they started work?

did you also forget that J4C will call you about a week later to check if everything is ok? did you give them your feedback?

it's only fair if you let everyone know what kind of feedback you gave them...

To be honest, we can't expect j4c to charge less than 80 for 2.5 hr labour. We dun know why ma charge 80 but for more complicated job, we should get a quote again first before going into ma straight. We never know how they charge.

Changing Belt tensioner and Alternator pulley is not a difficult job....

jinooi;747555 said:
don't get me wrong, but i'm not siding anyone. but the price difference is less than a dollar - $349.37(MA) vs $350.00 (J4C). so it doesn't make much sense if you are upset about this...

It is not because price difference is less than a dollar.

It is because price difference is ONLY less than a dollar.... i.e. MA should be much dearer..or J4C should be much cheaper.

If it cost me $100 to replace a cracked iPhone screen at Sim Lim.... and $101 if I go to Apple Centre.... obviously Apple Centre would be a better choice, though technically dearer.

So his question is still valid.... is J4C price too high? or MA price is low?

MapleLeaf;747624 said:

It is because price difference is ONLY less than a dollar.... i.e. MA should be much dearer..or J4C should be much cheaper.

why should MA be charging more and J4C less? so far nobody has given any reason that makes sense.

my theory - MA is trying to get more business at the moment to defray their fixed costs. So they can afford to charge customers slightly cheaper to make a good impression and increase word-of-mouth recommendations. it's a good strategy since there aren't enough M cars to fully occupy the workshop - might as well make some money servicing non-M cars.

MapleLeaf;747626 said:
If it cost me $100 to replace a cracked iPhone screen at Sim Lim.... and $101 if I go to Apple Centre.... obviously Apple Centre would be a better choice, though technically dearer.

So his question is still valid.... is J4C price too high? or MA price is low?

why is Apple Centre a better choice? because they are AD? because you get peace-of-mind? why the double standards? shouldn't they be charging less as a barrier to entry - to prevent other vendors to entering the market since they have they own the know-how? or as a 'reward' to the customer for choosing their brand / products? why should the non-AD be penalised (customer expecting lower cost) for providing the same service?

the premises of the argument are still the same - regardless of whether AD or not, the one that provides the better service in a shorter period of time, or providing more satisfaction, will obviously be a better choice, all other factors remaining the same (e.g. price difference is negligible).

TS still has not provided a convincing reason to choose MA over J4C...

MapleLeaf;747624 said:

MA is new in SG thus price wise have to be competitve as they are starting to service non-M cars.......................thus is wiser to be competitive than to scare potential customer away, also is better to build a better ground here first..............unlike PML already established and of course J4C is estabilshed too......

* most important end of the day is whichever workshop that can service your car and make you happy.........
cheers

ac323;747647 said:
* most important end of the day is whichever workshop that can service your car and make you happy.........
cheers

very meaningful quote!

quoting our famous simi sai also sell (QQ bang Milk) Mr David....."whatever floats your little boat"...hahaha :D

ac323;747647 said:
MA is new in SG thus price wise have to be competitve as they are starting to service non-M cars.......................thus is wiser to be competitive than to scare potential customer away, also is better to build a better ground here first..............unlike PML already established and of course J4C is estabilshed too......

cheers

Though the difference in price is less than $1, there is doubt on the parts used (BMW or OEM) and warranty period (MA longer or J4C). For similar price, one would naturally choose MA for the BMW parts and obligation to uphold the BMW brand reputation.

May be the labour difference comes from bigger bonuses being paid at J4C than MA?

Whichever choice is up to the customer to decide. The best part is that AD is now competitive with outside workshops.

Actually the best best part is that my 525i oil change service costs 60% of what Borneo charges for a Corrolla!

Last edited by a moderator:

zorro;746913 said:
Did the MA staff laugh at you when you brought your E90 in???

They dun laugh at me but everytime I go there for servicing or repairs, they tell me it's time to sell my car and buy a M3... :errmm:

You have a good team in MA......Dont rule out anyone...U never know who could be your next customer...

Wh0cArEs;747923 said:
They dun laugh at me but everytime I go there for servicing or repairs, they tell me it's time to sell my car and buy a M3... :errmm:

Is there an inherent assumption that AD is better than external workshops in parts/services/knowledge/competencies?

If so, then it can explain the reliance on PML despite all the complaints here.

Scepticisms on non-AD workshops led to reversion to AD no matter how bad it sounds, even as the complaints mounted......

zorro;747926 said:
You have a good team in MA......Dont rule out anyone...U never know who could be your next customer...

too bad a M3 costs S$400k :cool:

If u bought 40k worth of Yoma in January at 6cts and sold it yesterday for 57.5 cts...u would have gotten bulk of the money.....

Wh0cArEs;747939 said:
too bad a M3 costs S$400k :cool:

zorro said:
If u bought 40k worth of Yoma in January at 6cts and sold it yesterday for 57.5 cts...u would have gotten bulk of the money.....

Could have shorted it yesterday and still gotten the bulk of the money.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wholesumparts

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back