Itronics ITB-100HD Review

Re: Itronics ITB-100HD Review

But my itronics is suppose to run 24/7 as surveillance. So meaning it is not recording when engine is off?

Ahwing;917538 said:
But my itronics is suppose to run 24/7 as surveillance. So meaning it is not recording when engine is off?

confirm off. mine no beep sound when I cold start the car in the morning. and videos are recorded during thread night when motion are detected.

if you set the power magic to 24hrs then it should record 24hrs provided your battery is not drained below 11/12 volts

Ahwing;917538 said:

Ahwing;917538 said:

With Powermagic or similar, your camera will be "on" 24/7...when in parking mode, it will still be "on" and recording activated only when motion is sensed. The Powermagic device will cut power to your cam when your car batt dropped to the stipulated voltage level to prevent total drain.

I just came back from a 5 days trip amd realised that I forgot to disconnect the power. I started my engine and immediately it fired up! Fantastic! Either the power box works really well or the cam doesn't use that much power.

vegadonovan;917567 said:
anyone did it on their cabriolet? how's the cable routing? neat and nice? =)

Just installed in my 318ci. The wire are nicely tuck. Only 1 end comin out behind the rear mirror. Just nice to plug into the cam. Doesn't cause any issue w e top open or close

st8800;916064 said:
I have read someone in the forum installed portable battery for video cam but can't recall where. Try search button..... Mw.... search button pic please.
Possibly is me because my HD-DVR is powered by a portable battery pack (9.5cm by 5.5cm by 1cm thickness). Current battery pack is 2600mAh, sufficient for 4hrs 45mins (45mins from DVR's internal battery). Am upgrading to a 8000-10000mAh battery pack of 1.3cm thickness for 2013.

Note: I do not use Itronic ITB-100HD and do not use DVR 24/7.

Baby1M;938891 said:
Possibly is me because my HD-DVR is powered by a portable battery pack (9.5cm by 5.5cm by 1cm thickness). Current battery pack is 2600mAh, sufficient for 4hrs 45mins (45mins from DVR's internal battery). Am upgrading to a 8000-10000mAh battery pack of 1.3cm thickness for 2013.

Note: I do not use Itronic ITB-100HD and do not use DVR 24/7.

What's the damage for the 10000mAh batt pack? No more batt drain issue?

leslie11;938892 said:
What's the damage for the 10000mAh batt pack? No more batt drain issue?
Never had battery drain issue, was never tapped onto the vehicle's battery in any form... just my preference.

I have found but have not purchase the slim 6000mAh or 10000mAh batt pack yet, price is ~USD$26 before freight and ~SGD$100 (SONY, local) respectively.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm looking at getting one too, but not sure it can support two cameras for 8hr stretch.

I lose my comfort access occasionally, some nights 8hrs will disable it, some nights more than 10hrs still enabled. Weird behaviour but if I unplug both cams, comfort access is fine after a 5 day holiday in Bali!

leslie11;938895 said:
I'm looking at getting one too, but not sure it can support two cameras for 8hr stretch.

I lose my comfort access occasionally, some nights 8hrs will disable it, some nights more than 10hrs still enabled. Weird behaviour but if I unplug both cams, comfort access is fine after a 5 day holiday in Bali!
Taking my own example of 2600mAh supporting a max of 4hrs, 6000mAh or 10000mAh can easily support 8hrs. However the DVR has to be 5V input otherwise the hours support is different.

You will need 2 separate battery pack (for 2 DVR) because these rechargeable portable battery packs are generally for smartphones and all mobile gadgets, with 1x output of either 3.5V or 5V and some come with battery % balance indicators.

Last edited by a moderator:

hi guys sorry to be digging up an old thread..

I'm arranging a group buy with some discounts for in-car camera from Itronics.
My main concern is hit and run while our cars are parked away from sight. It has happened to two close friends in last month and I'm trying to protect ourselves from such acts.

Please find more information of the product range on
DVR Security Xuite® - Sole Distributor for Itronics in Singapore | DSXUITE® - Home

Itronics ITB100: $350
Itronics ITB200: $280
Itronics ITB 500: $628 with 2 cams, 1 rec unit & built in power saver & on/off switch.

Mass purchase will be $50 off quoted prices.

Personally i'm going for itb100.. its the more popular model and people are saying it doesnt over heat like the blackvue models.

Installation will be $30-50 depending on your car model.
1-for-1 exchange for 1yr local warranty

Additional power saver at $45 available. It will cut power supply from your battery if your battery is nearing depletion (personally i am not getting this..)

Please contact me directly through whatsapp (i wont be in sg till friday) at 97597125 ! making this a quick group buy!

PS i'm definitely not making anything from this.. just trying to get some savings for ourselves! I'm cross posting this on a few forums, hopefully if can get more hits can get more disc!

wt_know;916087 said:
tpower-c_en3-1.jpg

Question...

Can I hardwired the QC84 to the fuse that supplies the power to the ciggy lighter?

Thinking of a way to keep the center console clean by not having the QC84 tapping from the ciggy lighter socket.

Cheers!

the purpose for the ciggy adapter is because owner don't want to hardwire to the fusebox

if you want hardwire, might as well hardwire to the fusebox which is the 'default' installation method

Agree wiring to fuse box is definitely safe that tapping the power from wires. Previously Pin Liang did the gps for my ex car by connecting a standalone cigarette lighter adaptor to a fuse circuit and plug the fuse circuit to the fuse box and run the hardwire through the A pillar. Clean and neat, and power is switch off with the engine. Not sure if this could solve the power drainage problem for beemer?

wmkok,

A few queries...

What is a standalone cigarette lighter adaptor?

So with this setup, there is no tapping of power from the ciggy socket but from the fuse box direct?

Who is Pin Liang? Can they just do installation?

Can PM me the details... Thks!

Cheers!

Ok bad description on my part, its more of those cigarette adaptor extension. Unfortunately Ping Liang closed down since early this year. So i would also like to know if the sponsored workshops install via this method.

Hi, can anyone advice me where I can install Itronics ITB-100HD? any good vendor to recommend?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back