• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

It's an OLD USED CAR! What do you expect?!

Runner71

Hi all,

Just wanna share my opinions about my experiences in selling my old classic pre-owned car. Had a feeler to sell my classic E36. Its a decent ride, with minimal problems other than the usual wear and tear parts that every passing automobile suffer from. So I put up my intent, my price and even clearly mention to all forummers that I'm selling a classic, so they would really have to be practical and told all low-ballers cum bargain hunters to stay away.

Met up one of our forummer. He drove (rather terribly), tested and commented. I'm cool with the comments, for I always believe that people have their opinions, and thus is respected, regardless.

However, what i cannot accept is when, they mentioned that they would have to "do-up the interior" (??cant remember having my car door panels dropping and peeling!) and also would have to spend money to redo engine or brakes or whatnots.

My advice to all potential buyers: YOU are getting an OLD PRE-OWNED CLASSIC! Get Real! If you want a car without anything to be done up like new, then, GET A NEW CAR! Cos any TOM DICK and HARRY would know that once you get ANY Pre-Owned Car, you need to do some work, for the peace of mind, REGARDLESS of condition!

So please stop giving excuses if you cant afford a spectacular old pre-owned beemer. I'm sorry if you can't. But theres no need to give unrealistic baseless excuses that reflects badly on you.

Go get a used Jap car, or better...go get a NEW Jap Car:)

Re: It's an OLD USED CAR! What do you expect?!

Brudder, try to relax a little :)
People normally say these things to convince you to lower the price some more, as I'm sure u know.
Maybe u can just set a base price... and ignore the other negative stuff you hear. If he meets it, then good. If not, then jus sat 'thanks, but thats simply not high enough for the $ and work i've put into the car'. If he knows a good deal, he'll come back running !
Hope this helps a little

Hi Runner71,

Cool down bro......he might just not be the right potential buyer.....too bad that he doesn't know how to appreciate a car like yours......(no choice).........

You have my supoort....rock on man

Cheers.....

Uh.. shit happens, don't let it get u down
But you really should put up a WTS thread, took me a long time to find ur car :)

Normally when buyer pass negative remark i know he is not looking for a good car but a good price. So i will just ignore them.

Make worse if their girlfriends is around. the deal will never be done..

relax bro, my E36 so nice & done up, still got pple say my CF horn cover not nice, ask me sell cheaper !

iScoupe;432501 said:
relax bro, my E36 so nice & done up, still got pple say my CF horn cover not nice, ask me sell cheaper !

maybe next time buyer will find loose/missing screws and use this to bargain down price! :lol2:

ha ha...good one iScoupe and Ody.....

Cheers

when i was selling my ride.... this young guy came with the GF.
very obvious to me he just wanna test drive my V8..... i made him commit to a price b4 the drive assuming no mech problems etc

he chickened out

cool down lots of such idiots are around. They don't know how to appreciate e36 at all. They are only after a cheap beemer...

thanks guys for your support. Really annoying is it! anyway, that guy is still a forummer here. wish him all the best in getting an old classic beemer that is as good as a new car AND at a COE price....

Just put up your price tag. They agree then let them test drive. No point wasting time for both parties.

Care to put up pic of your ride and PRICE

Runner71;433211 said:
thanks guys for your support. Really annoying is it! anyway, that guy is still a forummer here. wish him all the best in getting an old classic beemer that is as good as a new car AND at a COE price....

HHHHAAA ha...Hey bro I guess i know which guy you are talking about !!!:laughlik:

NO SHIT? You mean you know that guy! anyway guys, my ride is still up for sale. I'll put up the price n pic soon.

bayerische;433757 said:
which guy who wants to buy old cars is like this?

Acutally alot of such buyers around.

They are not realistic in what they want and the price they be paying.

relax broz..if dat guy wantz cheaper,ask him gi sungai road...i mean sgcarmart..:D

bayerische;433757 said:
which guy who wants to buy old cars is like this?

Hey bro !! I know you driv ing new car lah!!! What you mean "old cars like this??"

Some of these E36 can CHAIT you until you see stars Bro!!!!:boxing:

I personally know at least 6 of them ..can give you two traffic lights and you still smell their exhaust pipe!

Michelin_E36;433807 said:
Hey bro !! I know you driv ing new car lah!!! What you mean "old cars like this??"

I personally know at least 6 of them ..can give you two traffic lights and you still smell their exhaust pipe!
i dun know the other 5, only know one of them is YOU ~ :smack:

Michelin_E36;433807 said:

relax bro, i think he said "which guy (who wants to buy old cars) IS like this?' refering to the the potential buyer not the car. anyway saw your ad abt your car in the other thread, nice.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back