Jialat... So many problems...

axterixx1111

Dear Seniors,

my e92 335i (just gotten as second owner) is having some problems here and there... Going to see doctor (PML) soon so just want to see if you guys have same experience before and what can be fixed by PML before warranty expires.

1) Air con bad odour when starting
2) Boot cover drops easily without support
3) Seems like Rear tyres rubbing the cardboard above after changing to new 19/265 tyres. Got sound when cornering or going over bumps. Are my stock springs too soft to accommodate the new rims/tyres?
Was told to change springs. Should I?
4) Squeaky sound from front right wheel when moving slowly. Seems like sound coming from under the engine bay.

Last one not really a problem but just wondering if anyone had a tint on their windows and feels that not dark enough then go and change to darker one before.

Thanks anyone for helping!

Re: Jialat... So many problems...

axterixx1111;532989 said:
Dear Seniors,

my e92 335i (just gotten as second owner) is having some problems here and there... Going to see doctor (PML) soon so just want to see if you guys have same experience before and what can be fixed by PML before warranty expires.

1) Air con bad odour when starting
2) Boot cover drops easily without support
3) Seems like Rear tyres rubbing the cardboard above after changing to new 19/265 tyres. Got sound when cornering or going over bumps. Are my stock springs too soft to accommodate the new rims/tyres?
Was told to change springs. Should I?
4) Squeaky sound from front right wheel when moving slowly. Seems like sound coming from under the engine bay.

Last one not really a problem but just wondering if anyone had a tint on their windows and feels that not dark enough then go and change to darker one before.

Thanks anyone for helping!

Hi axterixx,

how long you bought the car that you encountered all this issuse? Mileage of the car?
Tyre rubbed when your are alone or only when got passenger in the car? or try 19ins 255? (is your rear tyre 265 / 30 / 19)

cheers

Hey ac323,

thanks for replying...

Just got the 2 yr old car milege 33k for about 2 weeks like that. Tyres rub when Im alone... tyres I think are 265/30/19... not sure 30 or 35 (got to double check) Yah I think I may have to change the tyres. But just got the tyres so think got to go back pitstop to ask for help liao...

cheers.

axterixx1111;532996 said:
Hey ac323,

thanks for replying...

Just got the 2 yr old car milege 33k for about 2 weeks like that. Tyres rub when Im alone... tyres I think are 265/30/19... not sure 30 or 35 (got to double check) Yah I think I may have to change the tyres. But just got the tyres so think got to go back pitstop to ask for help liao...

cheers.

Did you lower your car or with spacer ?? 265 / 30 / 19 (should not rub).....if really rub then must roll your fender already - call Ah Lye 9723 5915

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

ac323;532998 said:
Did you lower your car or with spacer ?? 265 / 30 / 19 (should not rub).....if really rub then must roll your fender already - call Ah Lye 9723 5915

cheers

No Leh.. Its on stock... what do you mean by roll your fender? and pardon me... Ah Lye from which workshop?

axterixx1111;533000 said:
No Leh.. Its on stock... what do you mean by roll your fender? and pardon me... Ah Lye from which workshop?

Stock still will hit your rubber thingy? Fender is the the rubber thingy area.....
or could it be your suspension is weak already........but your ride still new ya

It is actually a workshop at AMK call Lye Design that do panel knocking......roll fender means to roll it thinner so that your tyre will not rubbed.............

cheers

prob need a little more info on the rims, offset etc. And what brand of tyres, square shoulders or round?

may or may not be a fitment issue. I'd really suggest rolling fenders as a last resort; maybe check under the wheel arch for tyre marks to see where and what the tyres are rubbing. That said, Ah Lye is the man to see if you choose to roll fenders, best to call for appt first though.

jason3s said:
prob need a little more info on the rims, offset etc. And what brand of tyres, square shoulders or round?
+1.

This is the crucial info - advising on tyre width without offset consideration is plain myopic. And the shoulder block shape of tyres. What brand was that?

Rims are clearly non-stock, since 335 came with 18" stock wheels.

BTW, when was the last servicing done?

kenntona;533036 said:
+1.

This is the crucial info - advising on tyre width without offset consideration is plain myopic. And the shoulder block shape of tyres. What brand was that?

Rims are clearly non-stock, since 335 came with 18" stock wheels.

BTW, when was the last servicing done?

Hi thanks for replying,

I'm using vmr 19 inch rims with ps2 tires staggered. Front is 235/35/19 rear is 265/35/19. Fitted at Pitstop.

Last servicing done on at 30k by previous owner.

Cheers

PS2 should not rub with 265 on e92, even if it is lowered. Go back to Edmund and check the offsets of VMR. Else, just roll the fenders and get it done with.

Boot closing down hard means hydraulic spoil liao. If no warranty, it will cost about $1k excl labour and PML's carrot story about Germany now Spring and British Airways crew on strike and so need to increase prices etc etc and then invite you to drink free coffee and cakes while you wait and dig your wallet for which credit card still got credit

axterixx1111;533061 said:
Hi thanks for replying,

I'm using vmr 19 inch rims with ps2 tires staggered. Front is 235/35/19 rear is 265/35/19. Fitted at Pitstop.

Last servicing done on at 30k by previous owner.

Cheers

Hi axterixx,

Oh, VMR.....i think if i am not wrong this rims are 2mm bigger than the normal rims of your same spec cause i've got a friend install also rub...............adjust the camber in (if you dun wanna roll your fender or try 265 / 30 / 19)......

cheers

MW;533075 said:
Boot closing down hard means hydraulic spoil liao. If no warranty, it will cost about $1k excl labour and PML's carrot story about Germany now Spring and British Airways crew on strike and so need to increase prices etc etc and then invite you to drink free coffee and cakes while you wait and dig your wallet for which credit card still got credit

Haha your description very funny... My still under warranty... So hope they don't deny mr the replacement. Thanks bro.

ac323;533081 said:
Hi axterixx,

Oh, VMR.....i think if i am not wrong this rims are 2mm bigger than the normal rims of your same spec cause i've got a friend install also rub...............adjust the camber in (if you dun wanna roll your fender or try 265 / 30 / 19)......

cheers

Ic... Thanks all... Will go back to edmund at Pitstop to rectify.

Hi Bros,

finally resolved the issue of the tyres rubbing with Pitstop Edmund. I must say his service is really good. He changed my tyres even though I have driven it for 2 days with no questions asked.

Next to resolved are the other issues with PML. Hope they can be settled...

Cheers...

axterixx1111;533218 said:
Hi Bros,

finally resolved the issue of the tyres rubbing with Pitstop Edmund. I must say his service is really good. He changed my tyres even though I have driven it for 2 days with no questions asked.

Next to resolved are the other issues with PML. Hope they can be settled...

Cheers...

so you changed to? 265 / 30 / 19?

cheers

Bad odour is normal for BMWs. You can try turning the thermostat to the highest temp and let it blow for about 20 mins to kill the bacterial. Alternatively, you can change the micro filther. You can go Eng Soon to get it at a fraction of what PML will rip you off for

think there are several threads on this smelly problem. do a search on the forum.

if you complain under warranty, they'll just spray some smelly disinfectant which will stink up the car even more.

MW;533075 said:

that's a good one.........

cheers

MW;533075 said:

one comma one full stop i am impressed :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868co
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back