K&N or Hurricane?

Re: K&N or Hurricane?

if you can find used K&N filter it should be $60-$50. brand new it $100-$120. some charge installation some don't, about $20-$35.

no experience with hurricane.

K&N all the way!

Can install urself la.
Damn easy.
Dont waste money on installation...

yeah go for K&N air filter. not KNN. :nehnehhh:

I installed a K&N on my car after considering the 2.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the advice given to me was that while Hurricane uses stainless steel in its product, it does not filter as well as the K&N. So while it may result in cooler air, it does not necessarily do a good job of filtering. And the main objective of an air filter is to primarily filter.

So what I did in addition to adding on the K&N was to insulate my airbox at R2D. There was noticeable improvements after that.

thats what i said, k&n is actually a filter that filters air, hurricane does not

Where can I install K&N for 323 e90?
Please advice.

regards,
energy

phil;332728 said:
thats what i said, k&n is actually a filter that filters air, hurricane does not

Well said.

Agreed.. Hurricane does not filter air. But it filter dirt for sure.:)

Hurricane SS for me. Easy to install and maintain without having to oil. Moreover, it gives the extra oomph or torque from mid to high revs. Compliment with Denso iridium sparks and Sprinter Booster.
Have checked when used, MAF still clean. Must be our air quality.

Dun think air quality is a big issue.

My in law has been using Blitz stainless steel filter on his proton sega in m'sia for the passed 8 years and his engine is still very tip top. :goodup:

Today hurricane is already 40microns in it's filtration. Therefore, can rest assure that it's filtration is above standard steel mesh standard liao.:)

Try to go with Brisk plugs.. thats the best combination. :laughlik:

Hi,
Hurricane is OK....using for my former e46 for 3+ years....clocking >100 000km, MAF sensor is OK...

so far, hurricane gives the best torque from low to mid range.....for high range rpm, used cone type.

stevenwu;377958 said:
Hi,
Hurricane is OK....using for my former e46 for 3+ years....clocking >100 000km, MAF sensor is OK...

so far, hurricane gives the best torque from low to mid range.....for high range rpm, used cone type.

Don't think there will be any problem at all. 3 years how time flies. :thumbsup:

i got 2nd hand hurricane for E90 320i for sale if anyone interested. used 2mths lying in my room now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuesankhau

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back