Kelleners Sport Power Module for F20: GB Feeler

Re: Kelleners Sport Power Module for F20: GB Feeler

It was great to finally meet some of you guys at MA just now, Hitman, Ah Lee, VF47, aredstone (you owe me one babysitting job), Zeromax, Zhenlie. Sorry I couldn't stay long.

VF 47, I owe you one $2k Gladen demo, gonna get my amped changed tomorrow.

leslie11;869872 said:
It was great to finally meet some of you guys at MA just now, Hitman, Ah Lee, VF47, aredstone (you owe me one babysitting job), Zeromax, Zhenlie. Sorry I couldn't stay long.

Nice meeting u too!!! :D

Eastmints;869689 said:
I put the gear into just sports today and seriously sped off the rest of the cars. They must be "shit the BMW. show off". :wtf:

If the power kena upgrade, i can't imagine man, the rest of the cars must be "Shit the....., what's that car again". :p

Enjoy this while you can, eventually most cars will be TC then back to square one!

Hi guys,

An update from the SG disti "We do not cover warranty for the engine. Only the parts of the module box." I'm now asking them for the product data sheet and dyno chart for the 118i.

A few guys have asked if we will consider other tunes as well, e.g Hartge, Swiss Chiptech, TMC. I am open to exploring other tunes as well. What are your opinions?

Bro Leslie, for Kelleners kit - only plug&play type with some settling tune only ? They will not perform tuning with dyno or on road tuning ?

leslie11;870064 said:
Hi guys,

An update from the SG disti "We do not cover warranty for the engine. Only the parts of the module box." I'm now asking them for the product data sheet and dyno chart for the 118i.

A few guys have asked if we will consider other tunes as well, e.g Hartge, Swiss Chiptech, TMC. I am open to exploring other tunes as well. What are your opinions?

leslie11;869872 said:

Yeah I hv that "anti" poison force with me.. :) sorry I hope it started working again after u left.. but I'm now waiting on bro zeromax's info on his m-sports bumper..

Nice to meet Hitman, Ah Lee and yrself!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Swiss chiptech from one of our site sponsor going fr 750 for 2 orders as i can recall. Much cheaper than KS but of course some bros may say we get what we pay for.

Actually the risk part is quite a headache.. for me my piggy back is the "sport" button.. :)

KS will be worthy if the local agent package includes tuning with actual dyno or at least on road tuning..
but if it is plug&play type with some settling - seem expensive.

if they don't do tuning with actual dyno etc.. but provide some dyno charts from the maker..
err...

never try KS before but piggy i done before involve tune w.dyno and later on road tune. if change to afm air filter/exhaust or stage 2 etc, return back to tuner again.

Last edited by a moderator:

TabbySan;870070 said:
Bro Leslie, for Kelleners kit - only plug&play type with some settling tune only ? They will not perform tuning with dyno or on road tuning ?

This piggy has a tune customized for the f20, r&d by KS which is a BMW tuner.
It is PnP so there are no settings or fine-tuning based on every individual car.

ginmin;870077 said:
Swiss chiptech from one of our site sponsor going fr 750 for 2 orders as i can recall. Much cheaper than KS but of course some bros may say we get what we pay for.
I like the price a lot more than KS, imagine if we GB this, the price can be even lower! If the tune is within the limits of the car and has no issues then maybe can consider this.

TabbySan;870086 said:
KS will be worthy if the local agent package includes tuning with actual dyno or at least on road tuning..
but if it is plug&play type with some settling - seem expensive.

if they don't do tuning with actual dyno etc.. but provide some dyno charts from the maker..
err...

never try KS before but piggy i done before involve tune w.dyno and later on road tune. if change to afm air filter/exhaust or stage 2 etc, return back to tuner again.

KS is expensive in Europe cos they warranty the engine. But here it's expensive, full stop. Of course it has the R&D for the car, that's the main selling point I guess.

Decisions decisions decisions!

vf47;870085 said:
Actually the risk part is quite a headache.. for me my piggy back is the "sport" button.. :)

Agree vf47. At least our sports mode can feel diff in car response. Last time my merc sports mode dun feel anything at all. But the extra torque n hp is attractive though.

ginmin;870382 said:
Agree vf47. At least our sports mode can feel diff in car response. Last time my merc sports mode dun feel anything at all. But the extra torque n hp is attractive though.

Are you on anything now or still stock?

zhenlie;870277 said:
same thing i always say...MTL!!

I dare not speak for the others, but I will def do it, just a matter of choosing the right piggyback.

Anyway I still got 1.5 months to finish run in, worse still, I'm out of SG from end Aug to mid Sept!

leslie11;868846 said:
Zeromax & Ben1, you're the only two I know with the KS installed. Can you give us your KS FR after a few months of use? Esp how the car behaves under different situations, FC etc. I can't find much info online. TIA.

I can't really compare with the FC as I got it installed after the car crossed 1000km :D
But if I wish to attain the published FC figures, its easily achievable.

Now I drive the car mostly in Comfort mode since it has more than enough shove.
Turn off traction control and acceleration is even quicker.
All I can say is the car now feels right after KS.

Even in eco-pro, it's still drivable and can accelerate away compared when it was stock.

The GB price you got is lower than we paid.

Putting KS for me was more to level up to the 118 performance figures at a fraction of the extra $20K. That's why I bought the 116 instead.

Whether KS expensive or not? Depends how you value things.

For me, I rather 'Do it Right, Do it Once' kind of person.

leslie11;870388 said:
Are you on anything now or still stock?

Currently stock. Understand that there r a few F20s on swisstech installed by our site sponsor Coco. Wld be good if we know who they r n get feedback. Ks module is of course the ultimate. Given a choice if $$ is not limited, wld take KS in an instant. If there is a cheaper n reliable alternative, we should take a close look. if not then is either KS or stay stock if dun have the budget fr it.

Yep I hope they can provide a FR for the Swiss Chiptech too.

The supplier says he can't lower the price below $2k even if our GB numbers are good, so we should really make sure it is $2k well spent. If the difference is marginal, i.e if KS is better by 10-15% and the rest of the tunes have no CEL issues etc, then there is a chance I may get the other tune.

So far, the plus points are the 'supposed' TRD feature and tuner's BMW history.

Still inclined towards KS but swisstech is so much cheaper and easier to remove it seems....., what happened to the guys that ordered the hartage ?

aredstone;870523 said:
Still inclined towards KS but swisstech is so much cheaper and easier to remove it seems....., what happened to the guys that ordered the hartage ?

If I am not mistaken, the hartage module is about 3k.

Wah for that price it better come with another turbo!

BroLeslie, thanks for advise.. any idea if KS tune the module to better suit our local climate/temp ?
Seem that KS module aim @ bimmers with stock condition? -esp local agent do not tune the module based on every individual car..
This module might not function well if we upgrade exhaust system/air intake later.

Yup, we need to consider KS price vs performance % and other factors..
Their factory dyno charts might be not be applicable to local condition (without fine tuning) and it might cause problem when we upgrade exhaust later .

Any other local tuner able to offer plug type module with actual fine tuning with dyno?

leslie11;870244 said:
This piggy has a tune customized for the f20, r&d by KS which is a BMW tuner.
It is PnP so there are no settings or fine-tuning based on every individual car.

I like the price a lot more than KS, imagine if we GB this, the price can be even lower! If the tune is within the limits of the car and has no issues then maybe can consider this.

KS is expensive in Europe cos they warranty the engine. But here it's expensive, full stop. Of course it has the R&D for the car, that's the main selling point I guess.

Decisions decisions decisions!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vl88baby

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups