Khang Auto

Re: Khang Auto

sustainable business if enough pple buy it... works just like insurance so they will have to makan as many car as possible to make a profit and hope as little claim as possible...

The problem with these extended warranties is that there is no guarantee on how long they would take to rectify any problems. Since they have to keep costs down to a minimal, they might want to source for the cheapest parts and would hence take a longer time to repair. For the more exotic makes/models, they can simply keep delaying by saying that parts are not available and that they have to order from overseas.

As they might not have experience with more exotic makes/models, there is also a chance that they will not do a good job and end up causing other problems. This leads to another area of concern which is whether they will try to pin the problem on other related areas that are not covered under warranty first and get you to pay for it before they are willing to look at the areas which are covered under warranty.

Well caveat emptor, let the buyer beware :)

velocity;751215 said:
The problem with these extended warranties is that there is no guarantee on how long they would take to rectify any problems. Since they have to keep costs down to a minimal, they might want to source for the cheapest parts and would hence take a longer time to repair. For the more exotic makes/models, they can simply keep delaying by saying that parts are not available and that they have to order from overseas.

As they might not have experience with more exotic makes/models, there is also a chance that they will not do a good job and end up causing other problems. This leads to another area of concern which is whether they will try to pin the problem on other related areas that are not covered under warranty first and get you to pay for it before they are willing to look at the areas which are covered under warranty.

Well caveat emptor, let the buyer beware :)

so buy from AD still safer?

cheers

i'll still go for PI, the upfront savings i get allows me to makan the warranty myself :p even if the PI folds up

S2k;751220 said:
i'll still go for PI, the upfront savings i get allows me to makan the warranty myself :p even if the PI folds up

Noted................

cheers

ac323;751218 said:
so buy from AD still safer?

cheers

At the very least, AD should know your car inside out since it is their main business and they also have a reputation to upkeep. If they want you to get another car from them again, they jolly well know that they have to deliver on the after sales service. At the end of the day, it's a cost benefit analysis that you have to calculate for yourself on whether the extra costs for AD is justified as there may be PIs who know their stuff too and gives great after sales service (please recommend!).

my case is quite unique as i upfront told the PI i wanna buy without warranty so i ask for quite substantial discount upfront

S2k;751295 said:
my case is quite unique as i upfront told the PI i wanna buy without warranty so i ask for quite substantial discount upfront

that's a great idea.........

cheers

Dear Members

Just meet up with my PI, the boss show me their invoice. The cost of warranty is just $400 for 5 years/ 100k and 6 services cost another $400.

He give me the L-L look... Do you think we should raise the following:-

1. We purchase the car from PI. Full price and expect the necesary cost of warranty was covered.
2. The cost of warranty is merely $400, this is purely out to cheat and act of negligence. PI to ensure that the cost of warranty is reasonable. Anyone with the right state of mind should know that $400 to cover a car cost of more than $100k is really unreasonable.

Do u think we have a case to file a suit with the PI?

:evil:

Probably when buying PI just have to check the right warranty company otherwise really no point...............

cheers

$400 is abit ridiculous la.... how to sustain the business n to think that the PI actually believes in it :boring::boring:

S2k;751335 said:
$400 is abit ridiculous la.... how to sustain the business n to think that the PI actually believes in it :boring::boring:

maybe PI is more of sellng their car than selling the car warranty cause when the car break down....owner don't call the PI company right?

cheers

true but to think the workshop is willing to makan $400 to insured a 100+k car is abit too far fetched

S2k;751339 said:
true but to think the workshop is willing to makan $400 to insured a 100+k car is abit too far fetched

true, meaning even a person that drank 6 bottles of Cogna also won't believe.................?

cheers

S2k;751339 said:

Same thoughts here... I got a good pal who worked for a big PI last time... He told me his firm is paying about $500/year for 5years or 100,000km, whichever come first, for the warrenty... Quote was on F10 523i... Probably $400 for 5years are false figures??? I do know sim lim square chop shops have 2 account books... One is real & the other fake one is to show customers that their profit margins are very slim...

Last edited by a moderator:

ac323;751344 said:
true, meaning even a person that drank 6 bottles of Cogna also won't believe.................?

cheers

+1 :goodup::goodup:

Centurion9990;751348 said:
Same thoughts here... I got a good pal who worked for a big PI last time... He told me his firm is paying about $500/year for 5years or 100,000km, whichever come first, for the warrenty... Quote was on F10 523i...

so meaning 2.5k for a 5yr warranty... still too low imo

end of the day better do home work first before commit..................

cheers

go for PI if only there's significant savings imo

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
good88compink

Latest posts