Klunk Sound When Stopping

arowana1

im driving e90 coming to 3 yrs old 67,000km. recently, whenever car come to a stop, i can hear a klunk noise, seemingly coming from undercarriage near the door of front passenger side. klunk noise is like something in boot (square shape) rolling around but is not cos nothing in boot.

anyone can help? only hear it 9 out of 10 times i stop the car.

Re: Klunk Sound When Stopping

Same goes for mine which I suspect the brakes.

Changing brake pads helped initially but the problem surfaced again after a while.

Sounds like your front tension strut rubber mounting already cracked.

arowana1;616711 said:
im driving e90 coming to 3 yrs old 67,000km. recently, whenever car come to a stop, i can hear a klunk noise, seemingly coming from undercarriage near the door of front passenger side. klunk noise is like something in boot (square shape) rolling around but is not cos nothing in boot.

anyone can help? only hear it 9 out of 10 times i stop the car.

Mark - how serious is that (if indeed the case) and the likely rectification damage?

Possible cause is the lower control arm bushing...you can replace the bushing or entire lower arm...very easy to replace only 2 bolt & nuts...

Btw..I have one set of used original lower arm taken out from my car at 39k mileage that I replaced wrongly...my problem then was due to bad wheel alignment and the hardened RE050II RFT... I can lend it to you to try to see if it solve your problem but you should consult your mechanic...

See this.. item 9 : Tension strut

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=VA76&mospid=48481&btnr=31_0715&hg=31&fg=05

Last edited by a moderator:

I did mine at PML, about 300 to replace front left and right. Outside workshop would be probably cheaper.

epong;616789 said:
Mark - how serious is that (if indeed the case) and the likely rectification damage?

Thanks guys. Ride's at BOSS now. Getting the experts to have a look. Cheers.

epong;616797 said:
Thanks guys. Ride's at BOSS now. Getting the experts to have a look. Cheers.

If its really the fcabs then check if you can replace it with the M3 version.

all bro
my ride e60, encounter soft jerk while stopping-it happens only the car is almost stop, feedback out there...:hmmidont:
tks

Its due to your gearbox.....try reprogramming and if doesnt work then you got to change the mechatronics unit (valve body).....expensive item....

tantan;617434 said:
all bro
my ride e60, encounter soft jerk while stopping-it happens only the car is almost stop, feedback out there...:hmmidont:
tks

ops
can u point me to someone that knows all tis
( not sure the programing )
thank u

If car under warranty go back to PML..else any workshop under the site sponsors and maybe Khangs Auto

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back