KW V3 Coilovers for E89 Z4!!

wilman2772

Legendary 10 Years
This should be the 1st set of KW V3 for BMW E89 Z4 here in S'pore!!!

Just launched in Germany recently & it's here.............

Here are some pics to share with you guys.......

P1000445.jpg

P1000441.jpg

P1000444.jpg

This is bro ac323's gorgeous E89 Z4 with 19" Breyton Rims (Stock suspension)

Front 4 finger gap, rear 3 finger gap.........looks like SUV.......hahahahaha

P1000429.jpg

Front - Stock Suspension

P1000432.jpg

Rear - Stock Suspension

P1000431.jpg

With the magic hands of Senior Tech David (formerly from BVO).....coilovers were up within 1.5hrs even thou it's his 1st time installing the KW V3 onto a E89 Z4......but he's just dam bloody good!!

P1000454.jpg

I personally did the rebound & compression setting as I know the V3 character well enuff.....

The Z4 is now lowered to Front 1.2 finger & Rear 0.8 finger gap! Super Swee!!!!

P1000458.jpg

This is how a true Roadster/Coupe should look like man!!!

Front - KW V3

P1000460.jpg

P1000461.jpg

Rear - KW V3

P1000459.jpg

P1000463.jpg

Let's wait for bro ac323 to post his reviews...........................

'The Great White'

Re: KW V3 Coilovers for E89 Z4!!

Before

P1000429.jpg

After

P1000458.jpg

'The Great White'

Clap Clap! KW V3 looks good....can adjust both rebound/compression.. but y not linear springs?

hetraa;487700 said:
Clap Clap! KW V3 looks good....can adjust both rebound/compression.. but y not linear springs?

Linear Springs setup are for hardcore driver like you.

Others dun need.

Clap clap clap

'The Great White'

ac323, ur car is the bomb!

wt_know;487804 said:
yeah and the breyton rim is boomz. BBK on the way ? kekeke
spoke to him he say no BBK leh. remain stock

SWEE! KW V3 rocks!!! Bro Wil, no rubbing in the rears? Mine rub like siao coz 21s plus wide rubber plus plus plus....so no choice but to bump up the rear height but harden compression and reduce rebound. LOL.....but still sweet as candy when I first collected my ride from BMW, low as hell, damn killer looks. Hey, OT, help me out with my request for Dinan goodies leh.

Slater;487826 said:
spoke to him he say no BBK leh. remain stock

Brembo GT BBK for E89 not out yet.......very soon.......kekeke

ACS6;487827 said:
SWEE! KW V3 rocks!!! Bro Wil, no rubbing in the rears? Mine rub like siao coz 21s plus wide rubber plus plus plus....so no choice but to bump up the rear height but harden compression and reduce rebound. LOL.....but still sweet as candy when I first collected my ride from BMW, low as hell, damn killer looks. Hey, OT, help me out with my request for Dinan goodies leh.

Rub?.......his Z4 no rub cos his rims are not as aggressive in offset like yours.........told you to roll the rear fenders liao........kekekekeke

Forgot about your Dinan tingy.....paiseh......will work on it...... ;p

'The Great White'

His rims also fierce fierce what. LOL....roll fenders won't help coz my ride very very heavy, no matter what surely will rub. Guess I have to cut fenders and go full widebody conversion. LOL.

looks great ...

btw, thot the V3 shud hv that mini reservoir attached to the dampers?

or new design not using that anymore?

Ar.... so that z4 was yours.... nice :)

TripleM;487866 said:
looks great ...

btw, thot the V3 shud hv that mini reservoir attached to the dampers?

or new design not using that anymore?

Model specific......my E60 V3 also don't have.....

So far E85 Z4 V3 & E46 M3 have the mini reservoir attached to the shocker.

Have to be so clearance issues......

'The Great White'

First off, I'll like to thank BOSS Motorsports / David and Wilson for bringing in this set of coils and most important for the excellent work they did on my E89. These guys are top notch.
thumbsup.gif

BOSS Motorsports did all the installation, as I'm not a mechanical person and have no clue what to do.

I'll keep this post as my "reaction" to the new set up.

WOW!!!!!! is all I kept saying on the ride home yesterday. The car is completely different. The car "feels" lighter, like it lost a lot of weight. Body roll? Whats that? The Z now tackles corners like there is no tomorrow. It feels so flat around a turn. I need to re-learn how to drive it, it's that different. Coming from completely stock to this, makes me feel like i have a brand new sports car.

Ride quality. The ride quality is simply Superb. I was expecting to have a harsh ride, harsh enough that you could hear pocket change rattle. It's stiffer that stock, thats for sure, but it's not annoyingly harsh or rough. And I'm on 19's. But the suspension has a tiny bounce to it. And I mean a tiny bit, no where near the bounciness of guys with cut springs or a missed matched suspension combo. It's not a constant bounce, it only really happens when their is some sort of dip in the road, and it like bounces back into place (1 bounce). Does that make any sense? Kind of how the Australian V8 Supercars bounce at times, I'm not claiming my car handles like the V8 Supercars, but almost
wink.gif

The car feels so planted on the ground. The stock ride was boat-like to me, very "floaty" and I felt disconnected from the road. Now I feel like I'm in full control of the car. The steering feels tight, I feel like there is a new tighter steering rack on the car. The steering wheel snaps back into place after a turn. My braking feels tighter as well, no nose dive, and I feel the Z stops faster.

The Z now feels neutral and light. Like it's ready to fight.
Was it worth it? YES!!!!! I definitely recommend the KW's (v3), if you want the ability to dial in your height and stiffness, and get awesome handling with out spending an arm and a leg, this your ticket.......

Cheers........

ac323;488315 said:
First off, I'll like to thank BOSS Motorsports / David and Wilson for bringing in this set of coils and most important for the excellent work they did on my E89. These guys are top notch.
thumbsup.gif

BOSS Motorsports did all the installation, as I'm not a mechanical person and have no clue what to do.

I'll keep this post as my "reaction" to the new set up.

WOW!!!!!! is all I kept saying on the ride home yesterday. The car is completely different. The car "feels" lighter, like it lost a lot of weight. Body roll? Whats that? The Z now tackles corners like there is no tomorrow. It feels so flat around a turn. I need to re-learn how to drive it, it's that different. Coming from completely stock to this, makes me feel like i have a brand new sports car.

Ride quality. The ride quality is simply Superb. I was expecting to have a harsh ride, harsh enough that you could hear pocket change rattle. It's stiffer that stock, thats for sure, but it's not annoyingly harsh or rough. And I'm on 19's. But the suspension has a tiny bounce to it. And I mean a tiny bit, no where near the bounciness of guys with cut springs or a missed matched suspension combo. It's not a constant bounce, it only really happens when their is some sort of dip in the road, and it like bounces back into place (1 bounce). Does that make any sense? Kind of how the Australian V8 Supercars bounce at times, I'm not claiming my car handles like the V8 Supercars, but almost
wink.gif

The car feels so planted on the ground. The stock ride was boat-like to me, very "floaty" and I felt disconnected from the road. Now I feel like I'm in full control of the car. The steering feels tight, I feel like there is a new tighter steering rack on the car. The steering wheel snaps back into place after a turn. My braking feels tighter as well, no nose dive, and I feel the Z stops faster.

The Z now feels neutral and light. Like it's ready to fight.
Was it worth it? YES!!!!! I definitely recommend the KW's (v3), if you want the ability to dial in your height and stiffness, and get awesome handling with out spending an arm and a leg, this your ticket.......

Cheers........

Thanks for the review bro!!!

It's totally worth the wait right?? Only 5 weeks.....not that bad for being the 1st here to have the KW V3......kekekeke

Post another review after you run-in the V3........if needed, I'll retune your setting according to what you like yah!!

Go play more corners man!!!! MTL

'The Great White'

kudac63;488966 said:
hi where did yo get the coilover from and how much? i wanna get one..
thx

U can get from me!

What are you driving now?

SMS me at 96905511

'The Great White'

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatimaallen