Leaking Windscreen Washer Reservoir

delrosa81

Dear all,

Im driving the e90 320i, recently found that the warning for low level windscreen washer fluid came on pretty frequently and i topped up twice in 3 months. I only use during heavy rain to keep the motors and nozzles working properly. It seems the washer fluids are using up faster than it should and the leak is pretty minor as it drains pretty slowly.

Anyone had replaced the reservoir? mine has the headlight washer so I know there is another tank inside the RHS fender. Any idea of the replacement costs?

Thanks in advance

Re: Leaking Windscreen Washer Reservoir

tiger1;605905 said:
same problem here. just top up water lor.

Hmmm don't U find it troublesome??? But the constant topping up is quite tiring lei, the reservoir seems pretty big. Anyways I will go check out the repair cost and share with U the pricing also.

Cheers and have a great weekend!

Your water reservoir container is leaking.

My E60 changed the water reservoir container at PML, I think about $100. Cant remember the exact figure cos I did a few other things but it is about there.

Happened to me once as well. PML replaced the reservoir.

Thanks guys for the advise, will be asking PML to remedy this during my next oil change service since the issue is non critical. :) Cheers and have a great week ahead!

delrosa81;606478 said:
Thanks guys for the advise, will be asking PML to remedy this during my next oil change service since the issue is non critical. :) Cheers and have a great week ahead!

think it's a common fault - though when they fixed for me under warranty last time they told me it was the washer pump that was leaking.

cyrus271;607056 said:
think it's a common fault - though when they fixed for me under warranty last time they told me it was the washer pump that was leaking.

Yeah seems relli common. BTW I topped up my washer fluid to full and not use the windscreen washer spray function. I will see how long it lasts before the low level alert comes on again.

It is the gasket.

Just ask them to replace it.

kenntona;607079 said:
It is the gasket.

Just ask them to replace it.

you the man... got it right.. had the same issue for a month or so... ES selling it at $52..:yummie:

I think my 535 is also having the same problem.

Euphoria said:
I think my 535 is also having the same problem.

Car still under warranty ya ?

a friend of mine just got it repaired. its some O ring on the pump that is worned out hence causing the leak. i'm too lazy to have it replaced. living with it... hahaha

Sianz. Now my car think have this problem.
Need to top up the washer water every week as the warning light will be up every week without using it.
Saw water formed up at the back of the right front week. Its where the tank is. So izzit tank leaking or as gasket for the pump?

send to workshop to check
i replaced my e90 2 years old washer pump under warranty
it seems like washer sensor or pump easily up lorry

Yes, I replaced my previous E90 reservoir pump just after the 3rd year. It is a common problem, the workshop knows it immediately when I sent it in.

Yeah... same here. Seems like changing the pump solved the problem. Should cost less than $100 to replace.

Hi bros. any workshop to go to and what's the total damage? Anyone change it before?

Thanks

Hi....if you read the previous posts in this thread, you will get your answers?

The bit about which workshop, anyone with expertise/experiences with Bimmers will do (especially any of the site sponsors).
Replaced mine recently across the border for a lot less than the SGD 100 other bros here mentioned.

For E90 PreFL (or at least for my particular model), this reservoir is located on the inside of the right front wheel fender area.
Very near to the side-indicator light.

Ma320i;1019332 said:
Hi bros. any workshop to go to and what's the total damage? Anyone change it before?

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manueldevecchicom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back