Let's talk stocks & IPO

Re: Let's talk stocks & IPO

I notice, Tee int divi q good

2.5c.

Hi bros. I'm new here. What are your take on binary trading like 24options, trade rush, etc. basically towards the 60s trading. I hear and see so many different reactions towards these type of trading.

Any help regarding this trading is very much appreciated.

Thanks bros.

3-5 day swing trade, Midas at 0.485, downside 0.475 stop, upside 0.53-0.54.

Similar pattern retrograted in mid July and end December 2012.

Anyone watching the stock Wee Hur?

Wee hur pretty slow.

Entered AP strat yesterday at 4pm.
today breakout. watch the afternoon show..

Chinafish, GRP shd be breakout soon.

STI at support? shld rebound soon ?

Trading index or stocks?

If stocks, I am staying out for longs. Cut Midas but keeping previous shorts. Too much uncertainty - lots of volatility swings.

Watch out for micro-penny-winners which were "restricted" by UOB few days ago. Other brokerages might follow suit - Blumont, Mirach, Liongold, Rowsley, YHM - just to name a few.

Yea stay out, take a holiday or sumthin'

heheh

kenntona;1038949 said:
Trading index or stocks?

If stocks, I am staying out for longs. Cut Midas but keeping previous shorts. Too much uncertainty - lots of volatility swings.

Watch out for micro-penny-winners which were "restricted" by UOB few days ago. Other brokerages might follow suit - Blumont, Mirach, Liongold, Rowsley, YHM - just to name a few.

Micro-pennies-turned-macro-pennies slaughtered......

You have been warned hor................

Dollar stocks built on penny towers in ruins

well its abt time sgx n mas clamped down on this. how many yrs already all d dodgy crap has been happening. I thot theyd never investigate.. y not just round up all d remisiers etc frm "u know where".. cmon anyone in d equities biz will know these "stabilizers", "invisible hands" etc r frm...

we're talkin multimillion players involved... go all d way n expose these guys if sgx really wants to attract higher quality investors n IPOs. Even tho we're a developed nation, our stock mkt acts like 3rd world... reputation at stake

Last edited by a moderator:

golfgti said:
Dollar stocks built on penny towers in ruins

well its abt time sgx n mas clamped down on this. how many yrs already all d dodgy crap has been happening. I thot theyd never investigate.. y not just round up all d remisiers etc frm "u know where".. cmon anyone in d equities biz will know these "stabilizers", "invisible hands" etc r frm...

we're talkin multimillion players involved... go all d way n expose these guys if sgx really wants to attract higher quality investors n IPOs. Even tho we're a developed nation, our stock mkt acts like 3rd world... reputation at stake

It's everywhere. Have you watched Overheard 1 and Overheard 2? Very reflective of the situation in HK too.

[video=youtube;vEp1bbyAI-0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEp1bbyAI-0[/video]

[video=youtube;EEo3Qs_6Hv8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEo3Qs_6Hv8[/video]

kenntona;1039700 said:
It's everywhere. Have you watched Overheard 1 and Overheard 2? Very reflective of the situation in HK too.

not yet. its endemic... worse really bad in the 90s, alot of it also before lehman...

questions which shld b asked is, how do top hedge funds outperform mkts all d time? pure genius? pure hard work? know something others dont?

Today's ST news abt leonard glenn francis reminds us this: u can make $ via any means n if not caught good for u, just dont get greedy n always expect things to go ure way.

Citigroup fined US$30m after analyst sent report to SAC, others

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/03/15/sac-settles-insider-trading-cases-for-616-million/?_r=0

blumont now 0.17... from 2.45... wow reminds me of d pre lehman malaysian goreng stocks... we can always count on boleh to goreng, whether is mee or pisang or stocks! :)

golfgti said:
blumont now 0.17... from 2.45... wow reminds me of d pre lehman malaysian goreng stocks... we can always count on boleh to goreng, whether is mee or pisang or stocks! :)

Perils of micro-penny playing.

No love attached.

some places have a conceptual chinese wall but in practice is sama sama pple... n d banksters complain abt basel 3... well if they stopped all d dodgy crap they wont have to have such compliance & tier capitals requirements lol

TR_Eikon_email_logo.jpg

[h=1]Wahahaha pretending to act blurr now.

Blumont queries SGX's lifting of trading halt, reveals new chairman[/h]08-Oct-2013 19:02
  • Blumont says expressed concerns to SGX
  • New chairman sees large scale growth
  • Blumont shares end flat after earlier rally

(Writes though with comments from Blumont on SGX, growth plans)
By Rujun Shen
SINGAPORE, Oct 8 (Reuters) - Singapore-listed Blumont GroupLtd BLUM.SI, which has lost more than S$6 billion ($4.81billion) in market value over four turbulent trading days,questioned the wisdom of the bourse's decision to unlock itsshares from suspension.
Blumont was one of three companies suspended by theSingapore Exchange Ltd SGXL.SI on Friday after their shareprices plummeted by 40 to 60 percent. The bourse said then thatinvestors may not be fully cognizant of the companies' affairs.
On Monday, the Singapore Exchange allowed Blumont's sharesto resume trading but under certain conditions. The resumptionof trade saw their share price continue to slide.
James Hong, one of Blumont's executive directors, toldreporters in Singapore on Tuesday that the company had expressedconcern to the bourse on Sunday and that investors should havemore time to digest what had happened to the stock.
"We were kind of concerned because a lot of investors mightnot have the full picture on what was going on. We were certainthere would be a lot of panic," he said.
"That's why we consulted the exchange, telling them maybethey should hold on for a few more days," Hong added,acknowledging though that they are bound by the exchange'srules.
In response to the trading halt, Blumont put out a statementlate on Friday saying it was dropping the proposed takeover ofAustralian-listed coal minter Cokal Ltd CKA.AX that it hadannounced earlier that day. (Full Story)
Blumont also said it understood a Singapore broking househad recently declared its shares as "designated securities."That means investors cannot short-sell them, and purchases viathe broking house must be paid for upfront with cash.
Local brokerages sometimes put a trading limit on a stock ifthey believe it has run up above what they believe is a fairvaluation.
The decline in Blumont's shares persisted on Monday, withthe stock ending down 85 percent.
The stock only steadied on Tuesday after an announcement byBlumont late on Monday that Alexander Molyneux had agreed toacquire a 7.8 percent stake in Blumont and become its chairman.The mining industry veteran has since said Blumont will continueto invest in commodities as it aims to become "Asia's BHP."
Molyneux, who is chairman of two companies in which Blumontholds stakes, Celsius Coal CLA.AX and uranium investment firmAzarga Resources, told reporters on Tuesday that he approachedBlumont over the weekend about investing and becoming itschairman.
"I went to Taipei where I had an engagement on Saturday, onFriday night. On the long flight there, I suddenly thought thiscould be an opportunity and started phone calls on Saturday," hesaid.

BHP OF ASIA
Blumont, which was previously involved in the packaging,property and investment sectors, started investing last year ina number of companies in sectors such as iron ore, coal, gold,uranium and copper.
Molyneux said the company will continue to invest in allstages of production in the resources sector and should become amajor player in the commodities industry.
"Its strategy is not going to change, we are on our way tobecome Asia's BHP," he said, referring to Australian mininggiant BHP Billiton BHP.AX BLT.L, which has a market value of$166 billion.
The former resources banker with Citi and UBS, known as adeal maker, was sacked as chief executive of SouthGobi ResourcesLtd SQG.TO last year after Aluminum Corp of China (Chalco) 2600.HK dropped a bid to take control of SouthGobi.
He was swept out at a time when global miner Rio Tinto RIO.AX RIO.L, which indirectly controls SouthGobi, wasdealing with other tough issues in Mongolia around its OyuTolgoi copper and gold mine.
He cautioned though that the sudden fall in share pricewould limit the company's ability to raise capital.
"Blumont is funded to do what it set out to do, I don'texpect the share price to hang around here too long, but itcertainly doesn't have the same equity raising capacity as a $5billion company," he told Reuters on the sidelines of the newsconference.
The Singapore Exchange lifted trading halts on Blumont,along with other companies Asiasons Capital Ltd ASNS.SI andLionGold Corp Ltd LION.SI on Sunday. But it declared thestocks designated securities.
The companies fell sharply on Monday, then rallied onTuesday morning, before turning lower again in the afternoon.
Blumont shares closed flat at S$0.13, Asiasons ended down22.7 percent at S$0.12 and LionGold was 24 percent lower atS$0.19.
Blumont director Hong said the company remains in an activedialogue with the Singapore Exchange.
"We are in constant communication right now, to ensure theexchange knows our plan, knows what we are doing. Of course thishas to be communicated not only to the exchange, but to theinvesting public," he said.
Discovery Metals Ltd DML.AX, an Australian copper minerand one of Blumont's recent investment targets, became a victimof the recent turmoil in Blumont's shares and saw its sharessink 18 percent to an all-time low of A$0.054.
Last month, Blumont agreed to subscribe to $100 million inconvertible bonds and A$8.75 million ($8.25 million) in a shareplacement in Discovery Metals. The bonds have yet to be issued.($1 = 1.0611 Australian dollars)($1 = 1.2480 Singapore dollars)

wat caused the crash? the brokerages putting them as designated securities? i heard some pple defaulting on contra payment liao... d brokerages which gave high margins r in trouble too if clients dont pay...

the 80s pan electric crash sunk a few brokerages... :juggle:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tk88betcomvn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back