LIberty Insurance

qus

Did anyone get a mailer in the mail from Aetna Insurance with LIberty?

My insurance with MSIG is up for renewal and I got this from Liberty offering to quote for me. All claims (touch wood) will be at MA. They are also throwing in a 300 bucks MA voucher.

Anyway, no harm and I am awaiting their quote to compare with MSIG's one.

Re: LIberty Insurance

I cannot recall from last month's gathering at MA, is it e same company as the intro given at the meet up?

Anyway, I intend to jump ship to the company that tied up with MA once my insurance is up especially after hearing some horrid stuff abt claims at PML.

when considering insurance, its best to ignore all the freebies and look at what it covers.
more importantly, if really kena accident....how do they cover u...or like some of the horror stories like one of the bros mentioned back then, insure co claim won't cover cos u modded this n that....end up return u premium.
my best experience so far is with AXA.
maybe other bros can share too

Sszone is right. Better make sure MA can undertake 3rd party claim. This is very important. No point having all those freebis if they cant do 3rd party claim. Many outside workshops can do a more than decent job.

Teamwork;838040 said:
Sszone is right. Better make sure MA can undertake 3rd party claim. This is very important. No point having all those freebis if they cant do 3rd party claim. Many outside workshops can do a more than decent job.

I agree and thanks for tge feedback. The freebies was not a consideration, just wanted to figure out if my current premium is competitive. Anyway, they have reverted with only 110 cheaper, so guess no brainer.

hi qus,

actually quite easy, just get an insurance broker to source for quotes for u to compare
most important like i say is how these insurance co behave when it comes to claims.
drag their feet types or steady types?
claims can be done where? their authorised centres only? or list of authorised workshops etc

If you have no existing mods and have no intention to mod anything, AVIVA Online is the best bet. I renewed in May 2012 at $958.74 for my 3 year old 335i. The quotes given by the insurance broker were all much higher:

NTUC Income $1,100.30
Liberty Insurance $1,409.05
AXA Insurance $1,468.07

the online one just be careful on claim amount, small amount safe. Claim too high, they say u mod the logo or stickers.

ktnpl;838081 said:
If you have no existing mods and have no intention to mod anything, AVIVA Online is the best bet. I renewed in May 2012 at $958.74 for my 3 year old 335i. The quotes given by the insurance broker were all much higher:

NTUC Income $1,100.30
Liberty Insurance $1,409.05
AXA Insurance $1,468.07
Other than premium, did u compare the fine prints (those for ants to read)?

change tyre brand different also is MOD? :nehnehhh:

iScoupe;838128 said:
the online one just be careful on claim amount, small amount safe. Claim too high, they say u mod the logo or stickers.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree Aviva online is not for everyone but it is a perfect fit for my needs. My car is 100% from PML right down to the fine details including floor mats, servicing and grooming :p

I'm deliberating between Liberty or stick with MSIG as well.... the former is giving 5% off MSIG renewal with 300 vouchers but 100 can only be used for servicing, 100 for purchase on store and 100 for grooming. Would like to hear more feedback.

Bro ST, yours is a PML car right? (albeit liberally applied with tasteful mods). I reckon it's best to check fine print whether the changing of tyre rim size will void insurance coverage or not (if you need microscope, I could probably lend you my old A-levels kit) before deciding to jump ship :lol2:

LIberty Insurance

Ya, mine is PML car. Can any bros enlighten any difference between the 2? No time and patience to go thru fine print bro wobbles, i need to make a decision by week.

Thanks for the info bro tomace.

Bro ST, I'm in a rather unique position to have MSIG for the F13 but since I lost the 50% NCD on the F02 (transfered to the 6er), I opted to renew the F02's with Liberty (which were kind enough to give me 10% NCD based on long term record of never having to claim insurance.

And, since I'm pretty much as stock as can be (only Ahwing is more stock, I think), MSIG and/or Liberty really made no difference in terms of coverage. I ended up saving about $300 plus on the F02's renewal.

Hope that helps clarify my position a little :)

LIberty Insurance

Thanks Bro wobbles, I guess it really boils down to which workshop I would send to in case of accident. MSIG is hassle free for PML.... but I am not completely sure on Liberty with MA.

I am in the same fix as ST. And liberty terms initial was also not gd. But they were willing to match MSIG terms an offer a further 10% off mSIG quotation.

Only diff is send to PML or MA workshop.

Ahwing also shld be abt time to renew cause he also bought the car abt the same time as us

LIberty Insurance

Ahwing dragging his ass on this.... still dun wan to decide....

st8800;904766 said:
Ahwing dragging his ass on this.... still dun wan to decide....

ah wing wanna change rims already...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubprof

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back