Like drinking water!!

Got my 525i on Friday,

Immediately pumped it with Shell's Vpower and to my surprise, this 525i drink petrol like water!!!...

Not that I didn't know that bigger cc = higher consumption but I didn't know it's that bad....

:(

Worst still, I'm running in and thus, have not pick up above 3000rpm yet, neither floored the accelerator.

God...Wonder what will happen when i floor it on every stop which I'm use to doing.

Any idea to reduce consumption brothers!?

Re: Like drinking water!!

Citibanker;450029 said:
Got my 525i on Friday,

Immediately pumped it with Shell's Vpower and to my surprise, this 525i drink petrol like water!!!...

Not that I didn't know that bigger cc = higher consumption but I didn't know it's that bad....

Worst still, I'm running in and thus, have not pick up above 3000rpm yet, neither floored the accelerator.

God...Wonder what will happen when i floor it on every stop which I'm use to doing.

hey buddy,

Experience the same problem when I receive my ride(same car) on 27th Jun.

But fret not, after the first 200km, my FC improved from 15.5l/100km to 11.7l/100km (pure urban); and from 12.8l/100km to 9.8l/100km (mixed). This is on 19" rims in Staggard tyres 245F and 275R. Also, no need to go V-power lah; use 95 or 98 will do.

I am looking at an additional improvement of 5 -8% more as my ride heads toward 500km.

So smile n enjoy your ride bro, and have a great n safe ride:thumbsup:

Cheers

Hi Citibanker,

Congras on your 525i.......

what's the mileage you able to cover for a full tank? Full tank only can travel 350km?
by the way what's your previous ride?

Cheers.

dude (i'm assuming you're a guy), what's the fuel consumption like? get a reading off the OBC.

compare it to the label that you saw when you were in the showroom...

1. how bad is bad?

2. FC should improve after run-in.

3. i read an article that states that driving at WOT accelerating to your cruise speed is actually better for your FC, versus slugging your car at 2k+ rpm. seems to concur with my own driving experience.

4. change air filter. hurricane and k&n air filters claim to improve performance at all rpm ranges, and thus better FC, as it is much less restrictive than stock filter. also heard that performance spark plugs (such as brisk lgs, volker etc) can improve both power and FC due to more efficient combustion (wasting less fuel to produce same amount of power).

5. ecu reflash to lean the air-fuel mixture. stock ecu tends to run on the conservative side.

but seeing how yours is a new car with pml warranty, maybe just exclude option 5 for now =P

btw, i hardly ever rely on the OBC for fuel consumption calculations. i just check my mileage against the amount of petrol i pump. the OBC tends to give me impossible values like 5l / 100km... anyone knows why's that?

you will have to reset the OBC everytime you refuel to get the average FC for that tank.

otherwise, you will be getting the average FC since the last time you reset the OBC.

Kaiser;450038 said:
btw, i hardly ever rely on the OBC for fuel consumption calculations. i just check my mileage against the amount of petrol i pump. the OBC tends to give me impossible values like 5l / 100km... anyone knows why's that?

ahh... no wonder. make me feel like mountain tortoise doing the calculations myself...

Citibanker;450029 said:
Got my 525i on Friday,

how many KM did u get on full tank...

jinooi;450036 said:
dude (i'm assuming you're a guy), what's the fuel consumption like? get a reading off the OBC.

compare it to the label that you saw when you were in the showroom...

Went to PML 2day for free polishing n check my bluetooth. According to the technical officer, he admit that OBC is not accurate, but a guide.

Kaiser;450038 said:

Bro 5l/100km???!!! That's much more fuel effecient than an Altis on the expressway.

kim_pioneer;450058 said:
Bro 5l/100km???!!! That's much more fuel effecient than an Altis on the expressway.

precisely why i say the number is definitely not reliable. my own calculations put it at about 9.8 - 10.2 on average. but then again, i didnt know must reset the OBC...

Kaiser;450060 said:
precisely why i say the number is definitely not reliable. my own calculations put it at about 9.8 - 10.2 on average. but then again, i didnt know must reset the OBC...

Yup, I m now working towards better FC. Currently do below 10 mixed on average after 200km. Hopefully can improve another 8- 10% when I reach 500km

Cheers

kim_pioneer;450064 said:
Yup, I m now working towards better FC. Currently do below 10 mixed on average after 200km. Hopefully can improve another 8- 10% when I reach 500km

Cheers

those r some pretty good numbers for a 2.5l engine lugging an e60 tank o_O

reset the OBC when you want to find out the avg FC.

e.g. after you top-up, for that particular full tank;

or, for a particular trip, say on the NSH;

or, over a period of time, say 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, etc.

Kaiser;450060 said:

Kaiser;450066 said:
those r some pretty good numbers for a 2.5l engine lugging an e60 tank o_O

Try to keep it within 3600rpm, avoid S-mode, and even if I want to target 130 - 140, I don't ram or flr, but instead, work my way up; according to my mechanic friend, this avoid constant "shock" to the car during its infancy.

But of course when any young punk try to challange this "old man" on the road, I will not hasitate to unlease our "steptronic sable".:woottt: :woottt: :woottt: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :thumbsup:

Cheers

jinooi;450067 said:
reset the OBC when you want to find out the avg FC.

e.g. after you top-up, for that particular full tank;

or, for a particular trip, say on the NSH;

or, over a period of time, say 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, etc.

I kia su, always reset after each trip, just to quench my curiousity thurst. Hee hee hee:woottt:

Haha...

I pumped full and did 300km now with half the tank gone. If i dun remember wrongly, full was abt $120.

I prefer Vpower as it gives more milege and thus, need not pump so frequently.

I'm a GUY!!!!!! LOL....How many women u see with E60??

Indeed, the consumption seem to be better after 200km. My first 200 took up almost half tank but after which, the next 100km took up less than a quarter tank.

Am i right that run in should reach 2000km? Or issit 1000km is enough?

I'm itching to floor the pedal!!!!!

My previous drive is a Jetta sport Twin charged but 1.4L.

i might be wrong but i think the user manual would mention how long the running in period should be. but our engines r all factory run in anyway, so if there's no mention of it, i say GO FOR IT MAN!! your car is crying out to sprint!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgamebai

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back