Like drinking water!!

Re: Like drinking water!!

Brothers,

Mine is manufacture yr 2009. Any dif?

Also, mine looking good now at close to 400km and still got like 4/9 of a tank left as indicated on the fuel meter.

However, i have to confess that i'm driving like a turtle, running at below 3000 rpm since day one.

Slow pick up, slow acceleration. Nver once did i dare step anything more than require to move the car.

I will update once i'm close for my next pump to share my FC for reference to the group.

BTW, anyone out there can confirm there is a factory run-in, I'm itching to test my pick up at traffic lights stop!!!!

Yes, My VW was reli gd on FC and the freaking pick up is good as it's twin charged but I want to test this e60 on it's bhp as my VW bhp was only at 170 if i dun remember wrongly. High speed pick up baby!!!

Hi Citibanker,

oh i see (Jetta sport Twin charged but 1.4L.) 1.4L can't compare to a 2.5L ride.......

my prevoius ride E46 325 cabrio.....full tank only can clock 350km if can get 38okm (happy already).....and also is true if your right foot is heavy i supposed FC sure go up.......

no worries........

cheers

my previous M54 520i... did average 380km per full tank....

then again my foot is digital...either on the brakes or flooring it... i was running 20inch rims too...and also decatted headers and exhaust improved my mileage...

wait till anyone of u drives a H2....

u can pump full tank twice a day!

zag;451025 said:
highway or urban mix? 600km from a full tank means about 10km/liter that is blardy good for a bimmer for urban. i am not surprised if it is highway though

Bro, based on calculation; 320Km done after pumping a full tank, now still have slightly over a quarter tank left. Which means technically means for my first pump, one full tank will do abt 450km.

But also noted than first 100km was bad. Next 100 got better, the next 100 improve greatly.

So based on estimation, 600(mixed) is achiveable when fully run-in. Anything better than that will have to observe further.

But fully urban to reach 600 is quite amazing.

fully urban 600km per 70L full tank is impossible... unless highway driving 60-70% most of the time..

most people actually underestimates their highway driving... imagine u stay central... and u work in jurong or pasir ris... technically u will be covering 80-90% of your mileage on the highway..hence the better consumtion...

Terry;451112 said:
fully urban 600km per 70L full tank is impossible... unless highway driving 60-70% most of the time..

most people actually underestimates their highway driving... imagine u stay central... and u work in jurong or pasir ris... technically u will be covering 80-90% of your mileage on the highway..hence the better consumtion...

Fully agree. I think 600km(mixed) is possible; provided don't ramp too much.

Citibanker;451106 said:
Brothers,

Mine is manufacture yr 2009. Any dif?

Also, mine looking good now at close to 400km and still got like 4/9 of a tank left as indicated on the fuel meter.

However, i have to confess that i'm driving like a turtle, running at below 3000 rpm since day one.

Slow pick up, slow acceleration. Nver once did i dare step anything more than require to move the car.

I will update once i'm close for my next pump to share my FC for reference to the group.

BTW, anyone out there can confirm there is a factory run-in, I'm itching to test my pick up at traffic lights stop!!!!

Yes, My VW was reli gd on FC and the freaking pick up is good as it's twin charged but I want to test this e60 on it's bhp as my VW bhp was only at 170 if i dun remember wrongly. High speed pick up baby!!!

Bro, those are some amazing numbers. Meaning you will get 720 for a full tank!!!!!!:whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe:

Even at 3000rpm, it sounds quite impossible, unless you drive almost 100% on highway

By 500km I think you shl be well run-in; don;t think have to wait for 2000km

Cheers

Hi All,

i've never get 600km in my life from all my previous bimmer before man......yet to try......

i've just traded my sluggish E46 318i today at PML and hence waiting for my (FL) E90 (Alphine White) delivery end July then must check it out the FC man......

My SLK 200 full tank 73L, i managed to cover 500km (considered not too bad i think)

Best is my Swift (1.5L) full tank 40L, can get 500km plus plus man..........

cheers

my CRV gets 700-800km on full tank...80% highway... power.... can go KL and back to sg and still support beloved SG govt

ac323;451124 said:
Hi All,

i've never get 600km in my life from all my previous bimmer before man......yet to try......

i've just traded my sluggish E46 318i today at PML and hence waiting for my (FL) E90 (Alphine White) delivery end July then must check it out the FC man......

My SLK 200 full tank 73L, i managed to cover 500km (considered not too bad i think)

Best is my Swift (1.5L) full tank 40L, can get 500km plus plus man..........

cheers

Congrates inadvance bro. Started a thread to congratulate all sis n bros on getting their new rides or getting their new rides soon. Why not add your name in for all sis n bro to extend their best wishes

Congrats again

Cheers

Hi Kim,

Thanks man..............

cheers

zag;451025 said:
highway or urban mix? 600km from a full tank means about 10km/liter that is blardy good for a bimmer for urban. i am not surprised if it is highway though

Hwy I belive can get 600km or more
but he said OBC read 38km/h which i think its strange. if run ave speed 110 on NS Hwy, OBC willshow 70 or 80 km/h

I think I will start a new thread to ask all 525 owners (year 2005~2009) to take up this challenge.
pump how many litre, record it, n b4 next pump in, check mileage.
so if 10/July - pump 65L (i ave pump 64L upon light on, mileage left abt 40km)
next time pump say 16/July - pump 63L; chk mileage .... is it 500km or 480km or 600km
repeat the steps on next 3 occassions.
come back to my new post, and lets compare n share the knowledge
:D

38kmh includes the time when the car is stationary and when the engine is still running - at the traffic lights, stuck in traffic, etc.

38kmh is already quite high and probably includes quite a bit of highway driving.

check your obc before you refill your fuel tank. it will probably be in the region of 32-36kmh.

JLMC;451185 said:
but he said OBC read 38km/h which i think its strange. if run ave speed 110 on NS Hwy, OBC willshow 70 or 80 km/h

I drive very slow ma, never hit over 3,000rpm....

Actually, I do alot of highway driving but it varies from week to week. Averagely, I get at least 500km/full tank. Usually top up between 500km and 550km.

I don't drive very fast, of course there are 'those' times, but seldom. And I try not to brake when I don't have to, unlike some people that brake every 20secs regardless of traffic condition.

Deadkookaburra;451251 said:
is yours the 2009 model? can I ask if the 09 comes with N52 or N53 block?

Mine is 09 model, Jux got it on 27th last mth. Not sure about N52 or N53 block. :whatthe: :confused: :confused: What's that? Pls enlighten

Cheers

Deadkookaburra;451251 said:
is yours the 2009 model? can I ask if the 09 comes with N52 or N53 block?
I would think it is still N52. I don't think DI outside of Europe other than N54.

kim_pioneer;451380 said:
Mine is 09 model, Jux got it on 27th last mth. Not sure about N52 or N53 block. :whatthe: :confused: :confused: What's that? Pls enlighten

Cheers
N52 or N53 is the engine. N52 is the successor of M54 wif valvetronic. N53 is the successor of N52 wif valvetronic & DI. To know whether ur ka is using N52 or N53, go to realoem & key in last 7 alphanumeric of ur chassis no.

kim_pioneer;451380 said:

Cheers

so your is a 2.5L 520i? good deal from PML shoving in 2.5L engine for you..:naughty:
don't forget you had posted your number plate and car collection details before in few post ago... amnesia!? sorry bro.. i am just confused

maybe if u work for UBS, the fuel comsumption will be better ? kekeke:p

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgamebai

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups