lowering

TobyNik,

Yo brother long time no see. Thinking about lowering my ride too, but very reluctant to lose comfort. Somehow, front gap seems a little tad too big, though rear looks fine. hmm.. tough choice.

Cheers!

"TobyNik,

Yo brother long time no see. Thinking about lowering my ride too, but very reluctant to lose comfort. Somehow, front gap seems a little tad too big, though rear looks fine. hmm.. tough choice.

Cheers!"

Hey Bro!

Yeah! Long Time no see! :wavey:

Anyway, my suggestion is: "Don't lower."

Why? Cos you are driving a Cabrio and with stock suspensions, you are already experiencing some minor cabin rattles like you mentioned in the previous threads. Unless you have already learnt to live with it when driving top up.

If you figure that you'd be driving top-down whenever possible (say 90% of the time) then should be ok lah! :thumbsup:

About the gap in front, I really feel it looks fine right now with the 18s unless it's more performance handling you are seeking.....

Your cab comes with sports suspensions already leh

Cheers!

SMYUEN said:
TobyNik,

Cheers!

Bro,..agreed with Mr.TobyNik :)

Charontes said:
just got my fenders rolled at lye design this morn'...
he had to cut out quite alot of rubber before he cld roll it...
is this normal?

How much did you pay for the rolling? Front & rear?

Charontes said:
is this normal?

Don't worry.....I think he roll fenders for E46 - "Roll KA MAI liao" :thumbsup:

Azriel's coupe with 19s also had his fenders rolled by AH Lye.

Ah Lye has been in the industry very long and I have had all my previous rides done by him for Dings and Fender related stuff since 1993.

How's yr ride now? Confirm no "BUA" already right?

Cheers!

BTW, I am not related to AH lye. Just a happy customer since 93....

ryan said:
For a moment, i thought you would have another twin to your red coupe... :p

DVanos said:
my e46 coupe is running on 19" as well, changed to k2 v2 coilover some years back, its height adjustable, so far no prob. :)

btw, wat kit u hv on your coupe?

actually u r right. a red e46 coupe wif similar setup was spotted ard orchard. we saw it last nite @ goodwood park hotel. :)

You sure that's not your old coupe? :evil: 8)

DVanos said:
ryan said:
For a moment, i thought you would have another twin to your red coupe... :p

DVanos said:
my e46 coupe is running on 19" as well, changed to k2 v2 coilover some years back, its height adjustable, so far no prob. :)

btw, wat kit u hv on your coupe?

actually u r right. a red e46 coupe wif similar setup was spotted ard orchard. we saw it last nite @ goodwood park hotel. :)

The tolerance between the right and the left is 10mm difference.... This is especially apparent on the E36 or any car when the car is about 1/2 tank filled with petrol.

Reason being that our left and right fuel tank underneath the boot is not the same size...

Charontes :

To upgrade the shocks, the aftermarket one are Bilstein, who sell just the 4 sports shocks for about 600 bucks or you may opt for the BMW original Sports shocks as well, which is firmer than the normal saloon shocks....

piggyboyz said:
To upgrade the shocks, the aftermarket one are Bilstein, who sell just the 4 sports shocks for about 600 bucks or you may opt for the BMW original Sports shocks as well, which is firmer than the normal saloon shocks....

i'm drivin a coupe.. so i suppose i'm on sports shocks?
coz when i first got my car... i felt tt it's slightly lower than others ..

by the way, roughly how much is a bilstein coil-over? PSS9... any chance tt it's below 3k?

Charontes said:
piggyboyz said:

i'm drivin a coupe.. so i suppose i'm on sports shocks?
coz when i first got my car... i felt tt it's slightly lower than others ..

by the way, roughly how much is a bilstein coil-over? PSS9... any chance tt it's below 3k?

Sorry to burst your bubble but the PSS9s will cost you about 4k+... but I think it will be money well spent...

i wonder how much KW var 2 costs now. i got mine at around 2k only, and is considering trying pss9 when my KW is retired. but at 4k, i might as well go back to KW var 2, since they have essentially the same functions.

i have tried all sorts of coilovers on other ppl's cars. but the only one i have pushed to the limit at the track is my own car. without comparing to others, i must say the KW is really a very competent suspension upgrade, and it really shows you what the e46 chassis can do.

the only gripe is that the rear shocks need to be uninstalled to do any adjustment, unlike pss9. if KW can solve that, i'll buy KW for life. they're that good.

Charontes said:
is this normal?

Sorry to see the msg so late... Just to share my experience, its the same thing that Ah Lye did to my coupe too. He scrapped a lot of silicon rubber from the gap of the fenders before rolling them cuz he can't roll them with the silicon.

Now my 19x9.5 rims have no problems, no rubbing etc. :thumbsup:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ko66london
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back