LTA visited my condo's car park

spursburger

Hi Guys

I was told by my neighbour's driver that LTA visited my condo to take a look at my car last night. The only things that I have done to my car are my 20" wheels and also my number plate :p. I have then switched back to my original plates. Now I am wondering what will happen to me.

Any bros here can advise?

Re: LTA visited my condo's car park

spursburger;837260 said:
Hi Guys

I was told by my neighbour's driver that LTA visited my condo to take a look at my car last night. The only things that I have done to my car are my 20" wheels and also my number plate :p. I have then switched back to my original plates. Now I am wondering what will happen to me.

Any bros here can advise?

Probably mail you a warning letter for number plate?

* you stay near LTA???
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;837262 said:
Probably mail you a warning letter for number plate?

* you stay near LTA???
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

eh... bukit timah.... wonder if it was a tip off. Haiz... no mood to mod liao.........:wtf:

Condo, including the carpark and road within the parameter, is considered private property, no? In that case, is LTA allowed to catch illegal mod within private property, since technically speaking, the car is not on the road or in state-owned car park mah.

Slow_poke_driver;837267 said:
Condo, including the carpark and road within the parameter, is considered private property, no? In that case, is LTA allowed to catch illegal mod within private property, since technically speaking, the car is not on the road or in state-owned car park mah.

the Land still belongs to the Govt???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

spursburger;837264 said:
eh... bukit timah.... wonder if it was a tip off. Haiz... no mood to mod liao.........:wtf:

just got to wait for the letter and see what happen.........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;837268 said:
the Land still belongs to the Govt???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I thought private property=the land belong to owner for the "rental year"? No?

actually, should check on what right are they allowed to enter private premises?
got any warrant?
did the guards suka suka let them in or kena smoked by them.
i probably screw the MCST if that happened

Slow_poke_driver;837267 said:

They can't suka-suka stroll in.

However, if they are asked to checked (aka tip off by a concerned resident), they can come in and check.

TS might have agnored someone in the estate.

I think its private property, Lta needs permission to enter the premises..

It may be private property, but it is gazatted, hence has to follow the law.

If they tell security guards they suspect illegal doings, they can force entry.

Wah ....... LTA now start working ah? Why ah? Divert attention from the MRT saga?

how about NEA checking for mosquitoes???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;837295 said:
how about NEA checking for mosquitoes???

Also can come in if they get informed of suspected dengue cluster from doctors.

Likewise, pte estates can also ask NEA to clear out waterlogged fields even before dengue clusters appear ;-)

What i understand is that you (or the security) has the right to reject their permission to enter. But what i am more curious is the car is not even on a public road they still can take action against you? It is like i can park my car at home and do anything i want w it as long as i dont drive it out.

helbreath;837299 said:
What i understand is that you (or the security) has the right to reject their permission to enter. But what i am more curious is the car is not even on a public road they still can take action against you? It is like i can park my car at home and do anything i want w it as long as i dont drive it out.

If no spark, no fire right!

Security guards can be reminded not to admit any government officers in (unless with warrants). However, truth is, if someone flashes a government looking pass and claim to be investigating on a complaint by a resident, do you think the security guard will prevent them?
At most, they'll call the resident that called the authority to verify the officers claim. Thereafter, they still come in and look at the car in question.

So, in short, don't agnore other people.

We once had this young guy driving car with loud exhaust. Always ya-ya blow his exhaust till one day someone complain to LTA. LTA come down, not around so they stake out till he come home. Then he kerna fine for illegal exhaust, illegal tint, illegal number plates.

Regardless private or hdb, even CID or CNB should spply for search or arrest warrant before they can enter. I doubt LTA will aooly search warrant for number plate. Yoo much a hassle.... so go SUE them and write in to Straits Times!!

helbreath;837299 said:

probably at most an advisory letter but also irritating

Maybe LTA buay song we at BMW.Sg kept criticizing them for a lousy job at the Rochor junction?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub88
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back