MAS Imposes Financing Restrictions on Motor Vehicle Loans

Re: MAS Imposes Financing Restrictions on Motor Vehicle Loans

will kenna rotan?

Darth Vader;960937 said:
FT not suppose to talk about sg politics, wait kena blacklisted and deported back to kampong.
sg politics for citizens only.

we are but a small red dot hardly visible on a world map,we dont have the power to cane FT as we please.
but we can fine them a few thousands for a free budget air ticket home.

porky88;960939 said:
will kenna rotan?

i still remember back when they implemented the cpf cuts...
no riots... no protest...
i think any other country donno riot until where liao....

it's a unique system.. and yes.. if the citizens get seriously pissed... existing garmen can be voted out... for that we are still a democracy ... but can the other guy do a better job???
huat ah...

Singsider;960938 said:
I'm afraid we live in a take-it-or-leave-it society. The leaders say car loans are too high, we LL. Leaders say MRT is all you can afford, we suck thumb and tap Easylink.

You voted them in, so its your responsibility to deal with it. Don't like, don't vote them in next round. No need to keep whining when you knew from the start how they do things. Implement first, explain later. 50 years of this already. They do it cos they know they can get away with it. They do it cos deep down they know we can't do sh*t to them.

And that's it. End of story. :)

come 2016.
Singapore expects that every voter will do his duty.

Singsider;960938 said:
I'm afraid we live in a take-it-or-leave-it society. The leaders say car loans are too high, we LL. Leaders say MRT is all you can afford, we suck thumb and tap Easylink.

You voted them in, so its your responsibility to deal with it. Don't like, don't vote them in next round. No need to keep whining when you knew from the start how they do things. Implement first, explain later. 50 years of this already. They do it cos they know they can get away with it. They do it cos deep down they know we can't do sh*t to them.

And that's it. End of story. :)

porky88;960944 said:
..... if the citizens get seriously pissed... existing garmen can be voted out... for that we are still a democracy ... but can the other guy do a better job???...
When the citizens get seriously pissed = tolerance snapped = no longer see light but a bottomlesss decend. Then whether 'can e other guy do a better job' does not matter anymore because it is still a 50-50 chance better than a bottomless decend :D

Darth Vader;960945 said:
come 2016.
Singapore expects that every voter will do his duty.
Voters from the 60.1% or 39.9%? They did their duty leh :thinking:
On e other hand, whether former or latter had done their duty, will depend on which 'side of the fence' the question comes from :D

Baby1M;960949 said:
When the citizens get seriously pissed = tolerance snapped = no longer see light but a bottomlesss decend. Then whether 'can e other guy do a better job' does not matter anymore because it is still a 50-50 chance better than a bottomless decend :D

I wish I could agree with you bro. But seeing how we've been voting over the years, I highly doubt SG's have the balls to vote different. Its programmed into our brains to whine but comply. Something in the pub water I think. Makes us obedient thumbsuckers.

Singsider;960958 said:
I wish I could agree with you bro. But seeing how we've been voting over the years, I highly doubt SG's have the balls to vote different. Its programmed into our brains to whine but comply. Something in the pub water I think. Makes us obedient thumbsuckers.

actually one of the factor for sg success is obedient people. govt say east no one go west :D

Singsider;960958 said:
I would agree with u if it was 5 years ago but I no longer believe we r an obedient thumbsuckers.
Why? Simply because I have casual exchanges with a lot of younger generation Singaporeans (>19yo)... 5 out 10 say, they want to vote out the current party (if good opposition presented) while 3 out of 10 are not politically interested, leaving 2 out of 10 wanting stats quo.

btw, I prefer to use "obedient suckers with thumbs up our ass"... I believe is factual too :lol2: :lol2:

Singsider;960958 said:

Bro, I disagree that Singaporeans are Ball-less. I would dare say that most of us carry the blood line of the True Blue Contributors to the progress of the nation. Our fathers and forefathers risked the unknowns to migrate over to this fishing village long long time ago. We too carry that "guts" in all of us.
All of us are being cornered to fend for our livelihood and those we care and love; and many of us have been trying even harder to attain true financial freedom (playing by the games of the policy makers). All governments in this sinful world use taxes as means to control their political regime.
However, once the people are being forced to "break point", I do believe their defence mode shall be engaged. Any further would mean rejection n retaliation.
Singapore belongs to all Singaporeans, and not just the government. :)

Remember what the unker at the kopitiam said about the garhmen giving you a chicken drumstick but taking back your chicken ranch in return?

Same with the PAP budget 2013 - for whatever rebates they give, the garhmen will find a way to plump up it's coffers by way of other levies, additional taxes etc.... LPPL lah, thank you 60.1%!

Since when we want the chicken drumstick, even though we all know that the drumsticks come from the chicken brought up by all our forefathers on this land....gees.

Back to the Thread ....

Lets see how the new ruling will affect the Average Depreciation of cars.

Taxes and interest rates are necessary to regulate the economy.

its when it's overused that is when the problem begins......

Exclusifmedia;960968 said:
Bro, I disagree that Singaporeans are Ball-less. I would dare say that most of us carry the blood line of the True Blue Contributors to the progress of the nation. Our fathers and forefathers risked the unknowns to migrate over to this fishing village long long time ago. We too carry that "guts" in all of us.
All of us are being cornered to fend for our livelihood and those we care and love; and many of us have been trying even harder to attain true financial freedom (playing by the games of the policy makers). All governments in this sinful world use taxes as means to control their political regime.
However, once the people are being forced to "break point", I do believe their defence mode shall be engaged. Any further would mean rejection n retaliation.
Singapore belongs to all Singaporeans, and not just the government. :)

The reality is that policy-making involves trade-offs. No matter when the operational date of a policy is, there will be winners and losers, just because of bad timing.

My question is - if you are a loser, do you see your 'loss' as a worthy sacrifice to help the poor? Conversely, if you are poor - do you feel that your 'additional benefits' are fair?

'Democracy' ought to mean everyone voting for 'the common good', even if you yourself are worse off. Can you sacrifice?

I think it is triple whammy now, ARF increase, 50% down and slam with 5 year loan cap... Too much, they do not want you to own cars, because they had just increased the budget for buses and mrt. Want you to take public transportation. Then once objective obtained, they increase bus fares, taxi fares and mrt fares and take back what they gave you today. LPPL.

Thank you 60.1% again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samuel Tan See Teng;960985 said:
I think it is triple whammy now, ARF increase, 50% down and slam with 5 year loan cap... Too much, they do no want you to own cars, because they increases the budget for buses and mrt. Want you to take public transportation. Then once objective obtained, they increase bus fares, taxi fares and mrt fares and take back what they gave you today. LPPL.

Thank you 60.1% again.

so GE 2016 vote the same???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Hi! why not have a levy on foreign ownership of cars too...so Singaporean will know there is value in being a citizen, Singaporean will feel they are not being XXX again, then the foreign talent will have to rent/lease car giving raise to car rental industry...then Government can collect company tax, and if foreign talent think its all too expensive they can go home to their poor economies, pay high taxes, got no maid to service, etc...because really where can they go?

just my simplistic personal view...no offence intended

detach8;960316 said:
Call me shallow, but I really think so. The world is not as complicated as it seems. As long as there is no leverage, prices of things would be so much cheaper.

Imagine if you had to pay full cash for a house. Will we still have $800K HDBs?

The government is set to reduce the price of COE -- not to the 2008 levels, but to maybe 2010-2011 levels, around S$30-60K. For once, I think this measure is positive.

I'm sure they saw the high number of to-be-scrapped cars coming in 2015/2016. When COE prices drop, this will make people rethink whether to scrap and buy new or renew COE. If I had to down 50K for a new car + take a loan, or just pay 50K to renew COE, which would I choose? It is quite smart, IMHO. I give this credit to the policy maker.

If people really end up renewing COE it has BOTH an environmentally positive effect (cars are driven longer and less wastage) and also a net gain on tax profits, i.e. they don't have to refund you the 50% ARF. Also boosts used car market so it makes people want to own used car more. With that I would like to see them tightening the regulation for used cars.

The government will make part of that additional revenue back from the increase in ARF since the cash rich can still afford to pay a lump sum cash. Those blokes buying Ferraris pay a lot of money in ARF!

Even riches like our uncle wobbles won't plonk such amounts of cold hard sweaty cash on a car. What makes you think a lot of other rich people will?

Now, let's shift our attention back to the property market...

ac323;960987 said:
so GE 2016 vote the same???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Since the first day when I get to vote during the first presidential election, I was never on their side.

everything is calculated...

many many uncle taxi told me...6.9M..how many new citizen...why need so many new citizen...cos old citizen cannot brain wash liao...so need to think strategy...introduce new citizen...to balance the ballot box...not i say one..its many many uncle taxi.

So think about it...open flood gate, intro new tax, do so many machiam machiam...they still win...MEDEKA!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubsurf

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back