MAS Imposes Financing Restrictions on Motor Vehicle Loans

Re: MAS Imposes Financing Restrictions on Motor Vehicle Loans

jasonmaxima;960550 said:
hi,.....do you have kangtao for yacht season parking in marina bay?

Hi bro! How big is your yacht? :)

if your new car omv more than 50k,confirm you are rich.
cannot bluff people you are poor anymore by saying 100% loan.

Taking 100% loan is like slapping one's face to pretend one is meaty. Sorry for the mangling of the Chinese proverb, but this terminal cannot type Chinese characters...

Actually, this 50% down payment on a car - to me anyway - is a damn good thing. It forces the potential buyer to practice financial prudence. A car is like the worst investment (if you can even call it that) anyone can make in Singapore.

Talking about financial prudence, can MAS show the percentage of car owners default on their installments resulting in cars repossessed by banks over the last 10 years?

Last edited by a moderator:

That data won't be meaningful. Just because someone's car didn't get repo-ed doesn't prove he's prudent with his money.

Does MAS keep records on such cases?

Anyway, I took a deep breath and inhaled the sweet scent of freedom earlier this month - now, I don't owe the banks shit for the car, and I aim to keep it that way until COE renewal time.

Now, if only I can say the same for the broke-back-breaking 30 year mortgage on the house... KNN

Smart moves -
1) answer to calls for lower COE
2) Higher tax collection from the rich
3) Put up huge obstacles for middle class to change new cars after years of record COE supply, so LL these people either give up or pay a more affordable QP to extend beyond 10 years..Now even if COE number down but QP collection will go up...All pockets ringing $$...They are smart when it comes to bringing $$ no doubt about it...

basker;960839 said:
Smart moves -
1) answer to calls for lower COE
2) Higher tax collection from the rich
3) Put up huge obstacles for middle class to change new cars after years of record COE supply, so LL these people either give up or pay a more affordable QP to extend beyond 10 years..Now even if COE number down but QP collection will go up...All pockets ringing $$...They are smart when it comes to bringing $$ no doubt about it...

Of course lah! Hearsay Mini$tar's bonuses pegged to GDP & how much Garhmen vacuums into its coffers what... So, logically, it stands to reason that the more $$$ is sucked in from us, the bigger the bonuses paid to the Mini$star, right? HUAT AH!

you are one lucky dude.
dont laugh when i tell you mine is 50 year mortgage.
i dont think i will live to see it through.

wobbles;960836 said:
Does MAS keep records on such cases?

Anyway, I took a deep breath and inhaled the sweet scent of freedom earlier this month - now, I don't owe the banks shit for the car, and I aim to keep it that way until COE renewal time.

Now, if only I can say the same for the broke-back-breaking 30 year mortgage on the house... KNN

Darth Vader;960850 said:
you are one lucky dude.
dont laugh when i tell you mine is 50 year mortgage.
i dont think i will live to see it through.

Which bank so gong-kia lend you for 50 years? I also want to apply leh... die already, ask them to collect from my coffin.

To me , this is just another chess move en route to the next GE , same as the senseless property tax increment for non-owner staying properties which will be implemented on 2014 and 2015 .... When GE is nearing , garment will removed this LTV thingy n increase COE quota. Than once again , Pple rejoice and HAIL PAP .

So if u can tahan.... Wait till 2015

Last edited by a moderator:

matrock;960855 said:
To me , this is just another chess move en route to the next GE , same as the senseless property tax increment for non-owner staying properties which will be implemented on 2014 and 2015 .... When GE is nearing , garment will removed this LTV thingy n increase COE quota. Than once again , Pple rejoice and HAIL PAP .

So if u can tahan.... Wait till 2015

While I don't disagree that the garhmen would obviously wanna tweak certain things to its advantage one way or another (be it fattening up its coffers for "a rainy day" or winning the next GE), I gotta say that, although the new property tax structure (and the new car tax structure) affect me personally, I am all for it.

Don't get me wrong - I'm nowhere near the top 1% earners in Singapore, but I've been lucky/blessed to have made good in life - and given my slightly left-centrist point of view, I'm all for giving a little something back to society by way of progressive taxes that target the more well off.

uob ? they read my palm and told me i can live till 100.

wobbles;960852 said:
Which bank so gong-kia lend you for 50 years? I also want to apply leh... die already, ask them to collect from my coffin.

Darth Vader;960864 said:
uob ? they read my palm and told me i can live till 100.

Wow. Thanks for sharing. Maybe i go ask them read my palm too. Will tell them i buying a jet plane... need dat to go home to vote in the ge13.

See what the creative car dealers and agents will come up with....
上有政策,下有对策, sometime I think those guys are better than the ministers, no need to pay them high salaries + bonus, but creative enough to tackle problem with good good solution. How you corner them, they counteract swiftly and swee swee.
Wonder if 1 of those guys will to put on transport seat or housing seat, what solution will they come out to tackle current hot topics.

To EVERY car... new, old, second or third, or, in Ms. Lim's case, 6th car.

Omg.. The omv issue applies to second hand cars also?!

Thanks man for the reply

prasanth1;960878 said:
Hi guys,

is this new rule appicable to second cars too??????

Second car cannot take loan. Cm2 confirm, chop and endose

[SUP][/SUP]
wobbles;960879 said:
To EVERY car... new, old, second or third, or, in Ms. Lim's case, 6th car.

Siao liao, guess the next car for me is a N-hand Japanese

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinbetworld

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back