MAS Imposes Financing Restrictions on Motor Vehicle Loans

Re: MAS Imposes Financing Restrictions on Motor Vehicle Loans

C3P0;961894 said:
...And anyone who has seen my size will know that if Robot cannot squeeze himself into any remaining space of a MRT train, it is serious matter!

For a comparison, every time Kenntona pushes his way into an MRT, up to 8 Brobots need to debus...

i refuse to take bus cos i end up at peoples armpit level. i no shy i admit im hobbit.

For those who link this loan restriction to GE2016, you are not making any sense at all......

Just because one cannot pay downpayment for his aspiration does not make it a lousy policy.

ok fk la..dun say i never offer my services.

i gonna start managing money for some friends. if u keen let me know. my track record is 20% to 36% per annum since 2007 in sgd base. i gtee u will hv ur 50% deposit for ur 316.

kenntona;961905 said:
For those who link this loan restriction to GE2016, you are not making any sense at all......

Just because one cannot pay downpayment for his aspiration does not make it a lousy policy.

wahahahahahahahahahahaha

I think my above post is the best post today, Please thank me

kenntona;961905 said:

i think only in this forum...the debate is centered on ARF. ok its a car forum, but i think we r not representative of what the avg citizen feels. most others r damn grateful govt give them some rebates n pocket money.

unfortunately... some folks think that way...
cannot buy m3 migrate liao.... u say leh?

cannot get hdb flat... jeng hu fault.... kid cannot get into top primary school... jeng hu fault... char beehoon at hawker go up 50 cents.. jeng hu fault

jeng hu sibei pai cho...

kenntona;961905 said:

totoseow said:
i think only in this forum...the debate is centered on ARF. ok its a car forum, but i think we r not representative of what the avg citizen feels. most others r damn grateful govt give them some rebates n pocket money.

Average citizens? I voiced !!! Me not internet hero !!!

you must love your days in a M113...

totoseow;961903 said:
i refuse to take bus cos i end up at peoples armpit level. i no shy i admit im hobbit.

who's Tong? Ang Soon Tong?

I face the same problem. I wake up early to take the train, and wait for twenty minutes before I can board. Wtf?! My dad used to take the subway to work in NY and he did the same in SG. He'd leave his cadillac home for my mom to use. Now he's retired and encouraged me to drive to work cos of the horrible train situation. This from a guy who took public transport every chance he got.

I love driving, but I don't like driving to work. I feel tired dealing with rush hour traffic.

Now I take a bus to work, those private bus operated premium shuttles are such a relief. Somebody else drives and I get to nap too. Five bucks per trip is pretty worth it to me. I'm always the first into work while colleagues play 'squeeze into the train' and 'will your train be delayed today?'

C3P0;961894 said:
I agree with motorknut to a large extent. Car policies itself is not the biggest problem. The population, public transportation, etc, are. My family (me and sister) used to take public transport to work but gave up because prices keep going up but services worsened. I have to wait for 3 trains before managing to squeeze into one. And anyone who has seen my size will know that if Robot cannot squeeze himself into any remaining space of a MRT train, it is serious matter!

kenntona;961750 said:
If I become ....

~ only Singaporeans citizens and PRs will get to own a car
~ MRT and bus system will be benchmarked against HK or the minister will face the same music as Chelsea's managers
~ road hoggers will face corporal punishment
~ working hours will be staggered to spread out road congestion
~ free COEs for motorcycles

for no3 I will definately support u as president :lol2:

hearsay now car loan interest 3.5%.... this might help the M3 buyer's to make his migration plan quicker.

Not hearsay, it's true. 3.25% UOB.

And 3.875% for used car.

Nine months ago it was only 1.88%.

I have calculated - assuming I buy my existing car today (which I bought 9 mths ago), and price goes down by $30k, plus I fork out more downpayment, take a smaller loan and with shorter tenure, I will be paying more interest.

HUAT AH!

Last edited by a moderator:

you are stuck with your car for the next 111 months?

C3P0;961956 said:
And 3.875% for used car.

Nine months ago it was only 1.88%.

I have calculated - assuming I buy my existing car today (which I bought 9 mths ago), and price goes down by $30k, plus I fork out more downpayment, take a smaller loan and with shorter tenure, I will be paying more interest.

HUAT AH!

coe no $10K no buy !!! ... wahahahaha

180% arf will kill a lot of ferrari, lamboghini, maserati, porky owner to change car

50% downpayment will kill a lot of cash strap buyer and those aiming 100% loan

3.25% interest will kill buyer with tight budget on their monthly loan servicing, moreover loan tenure max 5 years

no one buying car liao ... HUAT AH !!!

opps ... i need to take my medicine first

Last edited by a moderator:

I see sgcarmart now all put down 50% downpayment figure liao..

scary... 100k+ type for 1-2 yrs old BMWs...

HENG AHH

kenntona;961913 said:
Average citizens? I voiced !!! Me not internet hero !!!

The garment is deliberately ignoring the real cause/issue at hand. They're now using foreign workers/SMEs as their whipping boy. They have not done anything to programs like the GIP. They have not tightened the criteria for foreigners seeking PRs here. In a nutshell, this under this program, foreigners can "buy" their PRs for only $2.5mio.

In the same way that the garment has chosen to address this issue, they have also missed the point completely in the measures taken to address the low birth rate in Singapore. They have simply equate our low birth rate with the amount of maternity leave.

Heng ah! MW bought his silver surfer liao!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nobikovn

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back