MAS Imposes Financing Restrictions on Motor Vehicle Loans

Re: MAS Imposes Financing Restrictions on Motor Vehicle Loans

Ok. Reality check. Just how many of us here at BMW.sg will be adversely and directly affected by this new rule? I mean, who here actually has to fork out the extra 50% downpayment and have his loan capped at 5 years?

Otherwise (apart from camel whose COE is expiring soon, poor thing), are we merely voicing our concern and indignation at future events, ie when we wanna trade up to that Porker or the 535i?

Who knows what the future will bring. God knows if there'll be another U turn and honest mistake along the way before then?

wobbles;961976 said:
Ok. Reality check. Just how many of us here at BMW.sg will be adversely and directly affected by this new rule? I mean, who here actually has to fork out the extra 50% downpayment and have his loan capped at 5 years?

Otherwise (apart from camel whose COE is expiring soon, poor thing), are we merely voicing our concern and indignation at future events, ie when we wanna trade up to that Porker or the 535i?

Who knows what the future will bring. God knows if there'll be another U turn and honest mistake along the way before then?

Rolls Royce Silver Spur can buy???

I admit.... I'm am a badge whore

actually affected... a few...
those buasiong sibei jue....

wobbles;961976 said:

wobbles;961976 said:

Wow, you really can read my mind, I will be looking at 535i after my car breakeven with paper in 7 years time... And I am BMW biased..

just curious... break-even with paper means?

loan outstanding = paper value?

Samuel Tan See Teng;961988 said:
Wow, you really can read my mind, I will be looking at 535i after my car breakeven with paper in 7 years time... And I am BMW biased..

Last edited by a moderator:

porky88;961990 said:

Is it "Amt owe to bank = car scrap value" ?

porky88;961984 said:
actually affected... a few...
those buasiong sibei jue....

i sibeh buai song cos i just downgraded to vw jetta with 77k COE and now COE seems like going to dive big time all because of their policy change

you took 100%.. 10 year loan? break even in another 7 years a bit long leh...

Jason8822;961992 said:
Is it "Amt owe to bank = car scrap value" ?

porky88;961996 said:

7 years where got long? In 7 years u are going to panic cos 3 more years u will have to scrap the car (or extend COE) and come out 50% cash upfront and during tat time ur 50% can only buy Vios then how? CNY no need to go out liao.

porky88;961996 said:

i guess only
logically, 10yrs full loan break even with car's scrap price should be correct

porky88;961990 said:

loan outstanding = paper value?

Yes, outstanding loan the same as car PARF.

mw suan jason can only buy vios leh... see him no up....

MW;961997 said:
7 years where got long? In 7 years u are going to panic cos 3 more years u will have to scrap the car (or extend COE) and come out 50% cash upfront and during tat time ur 50% can only buy Vios then how? CNY no need to go out liao.

MW;961997 said:

Ya, like me.
523 for 5.5yrs then jetta
Jetta for 5yrs then qq or join mrt queue

porky88;962000 said:
mw suan jason can only buy vios leh... see him no up....

Nevery mind.
I accept it.....

Jason8822;961998 said:
i guess only
logically, 10yrs full loan break even with car's scrap price should be correct

No true, usually 7-8 years breakeven for 10 year loan.

New limits on car loans | TODAYonline

read this...

an extract:

Driven partly by soaring Certificate of Entitlement (COE) premiums, the amount of car loans has also ballooned. The monthly average loan rose by 7.46 per cent to S$88,517 last year, according to figures provided by the Credit Bureau of Singapore (CBS).

In 2011, the monthly average loan quantum was S$82,371. But the CBS said the monthly average delinquency rate for motor vehicle loans — defined as an instalment payment overdue by 30 days — fell from 2.76 per cent in 2011, to 2.53 per cent last year.

knn brain not working.. Monthly average loan means?

Samuel Tan See Teng;962007 said:
New limits on car loans | TODAYonline

read this...

an extract:

Driven partly by soaring Certificate of Entitlement (COE) premiums, the amount of car loans has also ballooned. The monthly average loan rose by 7.46 per cent to S$88,517 last year, according to figures provided by the Credit Bureau of Singapore (CBS).

In 2011, the monthly average loan quantum was S$82,371. But the CBS said the monthly average delinquency rate for motor vehicle loans — defined as an instalment payment overdue by 30 days — fell from 2.76 per cent in 2011, to 2.53 per cent last year.

Next question is is 2%-3% default rate alarming or it is natural rate? I still find Tharman's prudence an excuse.

I hear from my friend that unemployment rate 4-4.5% in any economy is healthy because of structural skills outdated, economy restructuring, normal bankruptcy.

thanks pple, I think the direction of the policy hold a fair bit of validity, hence I no really kpkb, I think Kenn made good observation that it was not studied more in depth and missed out many crucial considerations and was launched in a hurry.

Wobbles, if I have 2 kkj, I will also keep them crossed for COE prices to fall within my affordability.

Zorro, thanks for advise too, before my E30, i was using old jap cars. Although jap cars has a reputation to be reliable, I can safely say its with the younger car. Hence I am more looking forward to renew theCOE of my E36 than go back there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nobikovn

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back