MAS Imposes Financing Restrictions on Motor Vehicle Loans

Re: MAS Imposes Financing Restrictions on Motor Vehicle Loans

Students.... what have we learnt today???

Gahmen very smart.... Ppl ask for cheaper cat b coe.... Gahmen say...nah.... Give you.

But i whack the arf and you must come out 50% for you f10, ///m, etc etc cars....

As for those bread butter cars.....we die die must pass on the message dun over extend yourselves.... So high coe and still 50% down.

Understand????

Class dismissed.... Thank you.

milk15;967210 said:
My car dealer friends once told me............. if they give stupid pricing....
it's their courteous way of telling you they dun want to buy your car....... :silenced:

I think maybe Brobot once told a female passenger in his car and that passenger faintedz... :silenced:

jasonmaxima;967221 said:
Students.... what have we learnt today???

Gahmen very smart.... Ppl ask for cheaper cat b coe.... Gahmen say...nah.... Give you.

But i whack the arf and you must come out 50% for you f10, ///m, etc etc cars....

As for those bread butter cars.....we die die must pass on the message dun over extend yourselves.... So high coe and still 50% down.

Understand????

Class dismissed.... Thank you.

Errr...only COE and ARF mentioned... what about the FC... for the benefit of student like MW ... (pssstzz... you wanna have affair with him also? he pai seh ask... )

Shows that the demand for cars is still very high despite the measures. Public transportation not adequate? Accessibility of community services and amenities? Aging population? Or have to again blame the FTs?

Looks like its not going to be easy reducing the number of cars. Thousands are bidding for a few hundreds of coe papers. What is really happening?

the thousands bidder include $1 $100 $1000 tikam tikam bidders and dealer re-bids when they see bid goes up
hence, the real buyer may not be thousands

Meek;967245 said:
Shows that the demand for cars is still very high despite the measures. Public transportation not adequate? Accessibility of community services and amenities? Aging population? Or have to again blame the FTs?

Looks like its not going to be easy reducing the number of cars. Thousands are bidding for a few hundreds of coe papers. What is really happening?

coe when $20K ... asking on behalf of DV

Last edited by a moderator:

re-bids are counted? i was under impression.. rebids not counted...

wt_know;967253 said:
the thousands bidder include $1 $100 $1000 tikam tikam bidders and dealer re-bids when they see bid goes up
hence, the real buyer may not be thousands

MAS Imposes Financing Restrictions on Motor Vehicle Loans

porky88;967260 said:
re-bids are counted? i was under impression.. rebids not counted...

agree with you. once you bid, you can change the value but still count as one bid.

In normal economic fundamentals, it is demand that creates supply. In the case of Coe, it is the supply that creates the demand! Garmen is making all cars as a luxury goods and sooner or later, buyers will become insensitive to price.

I wonder how would Tharman and Lui flip flop when Coe is $1.

Samuel Tan See Teng;967312 said:
I wonder how would Tharman and Lui flip flop when Coe is $1.

They will probably die of shock ...

davidtch;967172 said:
I was looking at total cost le.
316: OMV (34,217) + ARF after CEV (29,904) + COE (74,689) = $148,670
320: OMV (34,486) + ARF after CEV (38,080) + COE (58,090) = $143,160

And then you have to add in the selling margins?

The other meaningful comparison is between 520/523 vs 535. Same Cat B, but impact of ARF adjustments will be different.

I think this round of COE is not fully representative of the real scenario out there. Backlog of orders in Cat A is a logical explanation. 2-3 more rounds of COE bidding will show the actual COE picture. I still think Cat B will lead Cat A in subsequent COE bidding.

Just saw on sgcarmart price of 640 convertible is now 452k, up from 416k which means a 36k increase.

640 omv is around 80k+ which makes the additional arf to be ard 40k. COE is down ard 30k from last mth. Net increase in overall price should be

increase car price so that can give higher overtrade?
higher overtrade = lower downpayment
higher car price = higher loan

hoks;972031 said:
Just saw on sgcarmart price of 640 convertible is now 452k, up from 416k which means a 36k increase.

640 omv is around 80k+ which makes the additional arf to be ard 40k. COE is down ard 30k from last mth. Net increase in overall price should be

Last edited by a moderator:

aiyah its ok lah, buy new car now can show off during Christmas and 2014 CNY

tofumonkey;972034 said:
woooooah... shows that prices of car always goes up up up...
It proves what our garment say, Singaporeans are rich :(

Shev;967294 said:
In normal economic fundamentals, it is demand that creates supply. In the case of Coe, it is the supply that creates the demand! Garmen is making all cars as a luxury goods and sooner or later, buyers will become insensitive to price.
They can write a new economic book to prove deman creates supply wrong, the book would probably be called "PAP's Guide to Supply Create Demand in Economics" :lol: :lol:

This befits Adam Smith's "Invisible Hands" but this hand is scooping $$$....

In microeconomics - it's demand vs supply. Not demand drive supply or supply drive demand exclusively.

Shev;967294 said:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sodo6789skin
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back