MAS Imposes Financing Restrictions on Motor Vehicle Loans

Re: MAS Imposes Financing Restrictions on Motor Vehicle Loans

unclecomfort;960992 said:
everything is calculated...

many many uncle taxi told me...6.9M..how many new citizen...why need so many new citizen...cos old citizen cannot brain wash liao...so need to think strategy...introduce new citizen...to balance the ballot box...not i say one..its many many uncle taxi.

So think about it...open flood gate, intro new tax, do so many machiam machiam...they still win...MEDEKA!!!

ooh conspiracy theories.. i like:sneaky:

i just heard the news a few hours back. i was just going to shop for a pre owned f13 this march and then this happened.

i guess ill have to go for a e64 then. anyone have one to sell here? black with red interior LCI. hit me up

since that speech GCT directed to potong pasir residents....." vote for the other party....then take care of your HDB upgrading yourself.... " I puked and nearly coughed out my lung.....

PS: Me not and had not been a resident of potong pasir.

time to go for some serious training and participate in Subaru Challenge, dun need 50% down.

If this move is meant to weed out potential car buyers and move them towards public transport, a multi-faceted attack should come. Higher pump prices, raise ERP or possibly push thru the GPS-tracking for ERP. HDB parking charges up along with standardization of parking charges in CDB to Sail/Asia Square levels.

Frankly, for those who pay full cash in car purchase. Will a brand new car or used car be a better buy? A Dealer told me 5 yr car most affordable cos the 50% loan quantum can stretch to the remaining 5yrs lifespan.

ac323;960987 said:
so GE 2016 vote the same???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I'll be an idiot if I vote the same....

Can I import BMWs with only chassis and drivetrain and assemble the seats and doors and the rest locally to beat the 20k OMV?

zorro;961032 said:
Can I import BMWs with only chassis and drivetrain and assemble the seats and doors and the rest locally to beat the 20k OMV?

Singapore doesnt allow self assemblies to be registered for road use. Else you will spot me in my caterham... sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valor;960981 said:
Quite pissed at this today, had a potential buyer for my car who backed out zzz, came here and saw 35 pages lol

Haha, me too?
Usedcar dealer was cursing at the news and told me they will stop buying for the time being

Meek;961033 said:
Singapore doesnt allow self assemblies to be registered for road use. Else you will spot me in my caterham... sigh.

Dun get caught lo :shhhh: :lol:

Jason8822;961036 said:
Haha, me too?
Usedcar dealer was cursing at the news and told me they will stop buying for the time being

All used dealer believe COE will jerk down deep deep :lol:

I saw on a guy's shinny bald head and it says 20k down on both category...
nicknick;961039 said:
All used dealer believe COE will jerk down deep deep :lol:

Three months ago, this conversation between colleagues happened....

A : lan jiao zheng hu, car prices so high, COE prices so high, roads so congested, everyone wanna buy car.....

Overheard this morning......

B : yo, car prices gonna drop, COE prices sure drop, roads will be empty, zheng hu curbed demand, ho say liao.....
A : lan jiao zheng hu, I don't have enough cash to buy my BMW now......
B : but can still buy car mah....
A : but not BMW, cause 50% downpayment means I don't have enough savings....
B : and this is zheng hu's fault, for sure.....

:lol: :lol: :lol2: :lol2:

PML wanna sell their 316i at 300k with 50% cashback? 1.88% interest rate still.

there is huge bunch of folks.. policies go left complain.. go right complain.. don move complain.. they are pre-programmed to complain...

as someone here said.. policies should be for the collective good...

it is easy to say... i don't like this, i do not agree with this.. but what's the alternative? is there a better solution.. and remember for the collective good.. not just for your own benefit

Biggest hit will be those in the car industry. ADs or Used car sales folks. Eat grass for a long time. Some may need to find new jobs. Not sure how many? 2000-3000 affected? But guess what...this group mostly locals..not FT.

i for one hate the FT term... employment pass holder is a much more adapt term and describe it as such

talent implies all very good which is very far from the truth.. there are some truly great talents but there are some which scrapes the bottom of the barrel hard as well.

noticed that ppl these days write in to ST forum to complain about certain govt policies and package their suggestions as though they are meant for collective good.

waiting to see some ST forum letters complain about the new loan/LTV scheme.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wholesumparts

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back