Michelin Pilot Preceda PP2

Hi there,
Anyone have the experience on the Michelin Pilot Preceda PP2 tyre. Thought of changing the set on my E46. Any idea, comment are appreciated. Key consideration is quite and 2nd is traction. Thanks.

Re: Michelin Pilot Preceda PP2

THe loveliest non-track tyre. Expensive but worth it. Grip is excellent for this class of tyre, both in the wet and dry. In an S-Class even, it performs great, so weight is not so much an issue at least until 1.8 tons. From new, it exhibits great characteristics already, no need such a long breakin period compared to the Dunlops.

What's PP2? I'm running my E46 on Preceda and I think they're reasonably quiet. In terms of grip, you can't go very wrong with Michelin Pilots.

Michelin pilot preceda 2 is a comfort good grip road tyre, but tis days all preceda are manufactured in thailand and yet selling at the price of a premium.

Have consider the tyre be4, but ended wif CSC2. equally performance if not better and cheaper too

Thanks guys for the commments, looks like I need to add CSC2 into my list of consideration :)

My PP2's are made in Japan. They are excellent. I second caySman. Only downside; its a bit dear.

Hi opvaulet,
Which tire shop did you visit to get the Japanese made :) Thanks.

i also intended to get michelin PP2 for my car originally but noted that despite being very good tires , they were really expensive...so i settled for german made CSC 2 instead....both are reasonably good tires so u can 't go wrong with PP2 or CSC 2/3. but for grip i hear RE050s and the new Re001 adrenalins are the ones to watch

Hurry tires. But I believe there are very few Japan made PP2's; I was told only a few sizes. I bought same size as GS300.

Was on the previous Michelin PP2 and just changed to the new PP2. Overall seems quite good but expensive. As for the noise part its subjective.

What is a good indicative price for PP2 size 225 40R18 and 255 35R18? appreciate any inputs on this.

am interested in getting PP2 too but just curious, what price diff between PP2 and CSC3 per tyre are we talking about?

I like and use PP2. But for the more exotic sizes try PS2.

You bet it is expensive! but anything good is worth its cost. if on a budget go for the bridgestone turanza.

turanza GR80 is a touring type of tire ....similar to ER300....it cannot match CSC 2/3 or PP2 in terms of grip..... i would recommend GR 80 for camry and accords but for all performance cars where hard cornering and occasional high speed driving is condoned......i think better to invest in performance summer tires.....it would be an injustice to put cheap canvas shoes on an expensive ride ! lol

opvaulet;223405 said:
My PP2's are made in Japan. They are excellent. I second caySman. Only downside; its a bit dear.

Could u advise on how to check for the origin of manufacture? Any special markings on the sidewall to look out for?

Tks a lot.

Yes, its printed on the sidewall. I have been using it for 20K on my IS250; its a good tire. It might not be the best for value for money though, but handles and rides great. Good in the wet too. As for noise, its quieter than the GR80 it replaced on the rough expressways surface, but actually a little noiser at very low speeds, say below 20 km/h.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back