MIN ENGINE OiL WARNING MESSAGE ...

@RW_PLATINUM

HAD THIS ENGINE OIL MESSAGE POP UP THIS MORNING ...
I KNOW THE F10 M5 IS SUPPOSE TO BURN OIL BUT AT ONLY 839 MILES?

oilfo.jpg

Re: MIN ENGINE OiL WARNING MESSAGE ...

Hey Bro, have you not driven the car in awhile? as sometimes it take some time for the oil levels to settle with the oil sensors (BMW No dipstick policy). Let the engine warm up abit than restart the car see if that helps, but at only 839km?? Better take it in an check.

I've actually been driving it quite a bit ... and it's 839 miles

Tianzo;921856 said:
Hey Bro, have you not driven the car in awhile? as sometimes it take some time for the oil levels to settle with the oil sensors (BMW No dipstick policy). Let the engine warm up abit than restart the car see if that helps, but at only 839km?? Better take it in an check.

Lolz, 839Miles sorry bro! thought you were based in SG. Yeah thats quite odd to have the oil levels coming up so early, and saw your post on the oil pump already being replaced. Better take it in than bro. Dont drive too hard till than.

I made an appointment with my local BMW dealer to drop it off next week
Hopefully they can perform the 1200 mile service at the same time

Tianzo;921871 said:
Lolz, 839Miles sorry bro! thought you were based in SG. Yeah thats quite odd to have the oil levels coming up so early, and saw your post on the oil pump already being replaced. Better take it in than bro. Dont drive too hard till than.

It's quite common for this to happen apparently for our cars. I have had this top-up notice coming up twice already and my mileage is around 5000 km. I have also heard of many owners getting this notification before the first 1200 mile (2000 km) service.

Thank you .. appreciate the information

clar;921935 said:
It's quite common for this to happen apparently for our cars. I have had this top-up notice coming up twice already and my mileage is around 5000 km. I have also heard of many owners getting this notification before the first 1200 mile (2000 km) service.

@RW_PLATINUM;922123 said:
Thank you .. appreciate the information
very common . i also top up twice before 2000km first service and another time at 5000km. just before my 2nd service at 8000km also require top up ..

I think its BMW's way of telling you that you are driving the car right. Ha ha...

Just to share, this is usual - top up warning appeared at 6800km, went to MA, and they decided that an oil change and filter change and 2nd service could also be done at the same time.

I got to top up 1 ltr oil at 800km, 1600km and at 2700km. I was told that this is within the oil cnsumption tolerance expected by BMW. Oil consumption will go down significantly after 10,000km.

@RW_PLATINUM;927904 said:
I just ordered a case of Castrol from my BMW dealership .. lol

FYI, today I had to top up another 1 litre at 3500km and I am driving the car very gently 90% of the time. At this rate, I will need to order another case of Castrol from my BMW dealership.

M-Noobie;928034 said:
FYI, today I had to top up another 1 litre at 3500km and I am driving the car very gently 90% of the time. At this rate, I will need to order another case of Castrol from my BMW dealership.

Guess you are not with MA, bcos if you hv a MA car, its all covered for free and you only need 1 day advance notice to get serviced.

Steel Blue;928042 said:
Guess you are not with MA, bcos if you hv a MA car, its all covered for free and you only need 1 day advance notice to get serviced.

I didn't know that MA tops up 1 litre of oil for free whenever oil levels are low. If I get a low oil level warning, is it safe to drive till I get my car serviced the next day? Having to visit MA every week or so will be quite painful. I prefer to keep a bottle of oil in my boot and top up everytime the low oil warning appears.

M-Noobie;928034 said:

Just want to share that there is a downward trend in my car's engine oil consumption. I had to top up every 800km, next at about 1000km and now 1500km since my last oil top up, my engine has only consumed 0.5L of oil. :woottt:

M-Noobie;934776 said:
Just want to share that there is a downward trend in my car's engine oil consumption. I had to top up every 800km, next at about 1000km and now 1500km since my last oil top up, my engine has only consumed 0.5L of oil. :woottt:

Good to hear - whats your current mileage pls?

M-Noobie;934950 said:
Now almost at 5000km.

Hmm, sounds unusual. I hv clocked almost 10,000km and so far have had to top up only 1.5L of engine oil.

Would you share the model of your car, bro? My N52 engine as well consuming about up to 1 litre engine oil for 10,000km
oil change interval.
No visible leakage observed

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bk8dog

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups